Options

Salclear Isle of Man Marathon

2»

Comments

• Options
    anyone else getting the 11.30 liverpool ferry?
  • Options
    FLying from east midlands tommorrow

really looking forward to this

good luck to all especially those with Edinburgh disasters to put right!
  • Options
    i had an Edinburgh disaster, but can't see myself putting it right tomorrow seeing I'm only doing the half! It'll be my first race since Edinburgh, so I'm just hoping to enjoy it. Stting off in a mo, see you soon!
  • Options

The best run ever image had a great day at this one , a must do race and my new fave image managed to get a P.W but met some great people and had a really good day. Training had been a bit hap hazard due to summer hols ect so not the best prep before a marathon but so glad i made it.

Well done all involved for a nice day out with some nice little details about runners . Went for a paddle after in the sea to cool me feet down while my other half had a swim image

• Options

Had a great race, friendly, well organised, fantastic buffet, great value for money. I didn't manage 3:15 the build up in the last few days was a bit worrying thought I might be coming down with flu, so  happy with 3:25:51    23 overall and 2nd V50/54 

Got up Wednesday with a sore throat attacked with salt water gargle which seemed to work as it gradually eased off. Sailed over with my daughter and her family on the 11.30 sailing. Ran for about an hour up the coastal path from peel on Thursday, (great scenery I'd love to do the whole path all the way round some time). ran for half an hour  Sat am on Douglas front. Developed a headache as the day went on. Up early Sunday surprisingly not feeling to bad packed the car for quick exit straight to the port from the race.

Any one interested in the coastal path I believe there's a relay race in the summer?

• Options

What a great day image Everyone was so lovely & I loved the course; just tried to ignore the second lap markers on the first lap haha. The only silly anoying thing that did happen to me was that I lost a gel near the start - it fell out my belt - and my long shoe laces kept coming loose. 

Had been a bit worried in the run up to this, as it seems quite a few people from my work had been going down with flu; I'd been avoiding them like crazy. Didn't run for a week before this because my left calf had kept mysteriously cramping up as of late, but yesterday my leg was absolutely fine and dandy! So glad I didn't get sunburnt; there we were at the start, the sun starts coming out and I'm thinking uh-oh, wasn't it supposed to be overcast today; hadn't brought sunscreen - but all worked out good. The food at the end was amazing Mmmmm.

Loved it image

• Options

Liz, I was it an orange SIS gel? I passed one and nearly picked it up!

Yesterday wasnt my day, I couldnt get a proper meal in Ramsey on Sat night (am vegan) so had to have bagal and salad, hardly ideal! Then My garmin died just before the start so those 2 things stressed me out!  I havnt run without garmin for about 3 years so was useless without it. 

Set off hoping for  a PB but the hills were bigger than expected so after about 7miles decided to back off and enjoy it which I did!

Was great value for money, made a pig of myself at the buffet cos I had my 'I've just run a marathon so can eat what I like' head on!! felt really sick after all that!!

• Options
    Even had a job trying to get a proper meal in Douglas and i will eat most things that dont moveimage ended up with a pizza, would have loved to have found a chinese .
  • Options

Haha, yep it was an orange SIS gel; fotunately I had energy drink & about 3 other gels on me, so it was ok - but silly things like that always stress ye' out at the time!

• Options
    has anyone else had emails from Runners World saying their payment for this race wasn't accepted and they need to pay again? I'm not sure if it's a scam and don't fancy putting my credit card details in - but I've asked thtem to send me an invoice through the post and they say the only way they can accept payment is online.
  • Options

Not this race but another, when I checked my account the money hadn't been taken when I first entered,

Having followed the email to pay I can report there's nothing untoward on my account 2 weeks later.