Options

Training for under 40 min Audi 10k

1343536373840»

Comments

• Options
    Just take it easy Squall with GSR just around the corner , are you still following HHs advice?
  • Options
    WJHWJH ✭✭✭

Are you still out in Canada Paul? That's bad luck with your cold image

• Options

It's balls quite frankly. I get back to the UK on the 23rd October.

I am following HHs advice within reason.. not been doing the sessions the last two weeks though as I've felt run-down. Just focusing on getting the miles in at the moment. I'm gonna try a long run later today...but I'll have to just see how it goes.

• Options
    Hi people, finished with the cycling for a bit, back to running. Ran a couple of time trials - only doing one long run a week now. Long 41 for 10K and 1:34 for HM (both PBs).............going to train for 70.3 Ironman next year so hopefully I can get these times down a bit as a spin-off benefit.
  • Options

Slogged out 2 miles yesterday and 6 today... feel like a bag of crap.

I'll be lucky if I make it past 20 miles this week... the cold and jetlag are really taking their toll.

• Options

Got out for 4.35 miles yesterday and felt a hell of a lot better.

Probably going to have to hit the treadmill today... the weather here is atrocious. If I can hit 20 miles for the week I'll be happy....

30,30,33,33,34,20,raceweek...

• Options

Bit of a mental session this morning on the treadmill (it was raining)

Don't know what came over me.

Warmup - 2 miles @ 7.1mph

8 x 1000m at 10mph (3:45 for each)

warmdown - 0.25 miles at 7.1mph

7.25 miles for the session... feel buggered now.

• Options
    4 miles easy shakeout this afternoon - no pressure/timing
  • Options
    WJHWJH ✭✭✭
    Two weeks of about 25 miles in each and some mixed sessions (speedwork last Tuesday, some tempo and longer running also included). Weather forecast looks potentially dodgy for next Sunday at the moment and potentially windy...will have to keep a close eye on this. If it is, it won't be much different to previous years anyway!
  • Options
    Well it wouldnt be the great south run without shockingly bad weather!
  • Options
    WJHWJH ✭✭✭

Very true it's like some sort of tradition..whereas the Great North Run always seems to get away with dry weather and plenty of sunshine! image

• Options

Bastards! I managed a nice run of 6 weeks at 30+...

See you both there on sunday?

• Options
    WJHWJH ✭✭✭

Hopefully so Paul...sounds like you have had good preparation for this! Im going to do one more run tomorrow at an easy pace..probably no more than 5 miles (probably less!). My last hard paced session was on Tuesday and that was a very tough 5 miles. I am fairly pleased with my preparation leading up to the race...my training has picked up over the last 3/4 weeks. Furthermore, the weather may not be as bad as what I initially thought the other day from looking at the charts. I hope it's not windy more than anything! As for being around after the race, I'll have to dash as I didn't realise that I had a hockey game early in the afternoon in Winchester but maybe I will bump into you guys there! Sunday is going to be a crazy day! Looks like I might be doing the Lordshill 10 the weekend after this one now as well.

• Options

The wind'll be a killer on the closing mile... all else doesn't matter. Rain won't effect your times on this course.

I'm still really not sure about the Lordshill 10. Might give it a go.

• Options

Yeah the wind is pretty much guaranteed this time of year at Southsea. I'd be pretty surprised if it was calm thats for sure.

Looking at the elite athletes list on the great run website, there appears to be good number of them entered this year, because of it being the 10mile champs. Should make for quick times throughout the field (at least I hope!). Hopefully Mo Farah can score a British win too!

On another note, seems about time for a new thread maybe once the GSR is out of the way?

• Options
    WJHWJH ✭✭✭

Good luck for tomorrow guys. Training this week following my very tough 5 miles on Tuesday has been 4 easy  miles on Thursday night on the treadmill and 3 easy miles around my local area last night. The target for me is a PB so anything under 1.10"33 will be good...but realistically would love to get about 1.07 or 1.08. Definately agree that the thread may be at an end though, I mean what did happen to Twixx and his Audi 10k in the end as well?

• Options
    Definitely time for a new thread. I don't know what happened to twixx. I'll start the new thread on sunday evening.

Who here is training for the Stubbington 10k then???
  • Options
    Yep, thats my next 'target' race after the Great South. Seems like a good race to have a thread about, being approx 3 months away.
  • Options
    Awesome. We'll start a Stubbington 10k thread tomorrow afternoon then.
  • Options
    Good luck for tomorrow everyone
  • Options
    This thread is officially winding down now, so I just want to say thank you to all those who have regularly read and contributed. And RIP to Twixx who mysteriously vanished!

Good luck everyone running today. It's a beautiful sunny morning down here on the South Coast, so let's make it a good one.

I'm gunning for 67:30 or faster.. so anyone on course for that, i'll make sure to give you a wave as I overtake you at the finish image

Good running everyone.
  • Options

I have just spent the last hour reading the first 5 and last 5 pages of this thread.

I entered the tread as someone who wants to run sub 40 for a 10K (PB 40:54 on 4th October).

I leave the tread as someone who has the rest of their day sorted, watching the GSR, prior to the Liverpool game, (with a 10 mile job in between).

I will see you all again on the Stubbington 10k thread.

Good luck to everyone today, hope the weather holds up for you.