Can anyone here speak Dutch ?

I've just received a pre printed card from Holland about a relative of mine who recently died but the message is in Dutch and I'm not sure what it says.  Don't suppose anyone could translate it for me.

thanks

Comments

• Greenie if you dont get a reply - post this on the Working at it Slowly thread in Beginners and I am sure Chuggy will be only to happy to help,  she may not be in until later on tho
  • Green EyesGreen Eyes ✭✭✭
    Thanks Meldy - I'll go and find it now image

Thanks for the link Danowat - I kind of got the jist of the message but it didn't make total sense !!!!

• They tend not to when you do a direct translation, but at least its a start, and hopefully someone can translate it properly image
    Yeah - thanks again image
  • No, but I can speak like Steve McClaren, if that helps.

Ya forshure.

• Where is H - she lives there now or who is the Dutch Lady ? Err
  • Hanneke on Rotterdam 2006 thread is dutch as well
  • TheraThera ✭✭✭
    I am Dutch as well, so if I can help let me know...
  • Try Babelfish – the online translator
    Thera - would like to email you but you're not not enabled - done the online translator - gives you a literal translation so got the gist but would like the proper translation - thanks for suggestions - even DM image
  • TheraThera ✭✭✭

my e-mail address has been enables in my profile (I think)

thanks for that Thera - you're profile isn't emailed enabled was what I meant

I will mail you the text - thanks very much - there isn't a lot image

• TheraThera ✭✭✭

I'm not sure how to do that, so it seemed quicker to post my e-mail address on here...I will look at my profile though and change it...thanks

Thera you have mail - you might want to edit out your email addy from your post though

thanks in advance

Kath

• TheraThera ✭✭✭
    Got it...I will have a look and get back to you later today...
    Thanks very much Thera - that's really kind of you
  • TheraThera ✭✭✭

Green Eyes

I have translated the text and e-mailed back. I hope it was ok.

Thera

Thankyou so much for doing that.  I've put the words with the card now so that I can keep them and I'm sure the rest of my family in england will like to know the meaning as well.  None of us speak any Dutch.

thanks once again

Kath x

• TheraThera ✭✭✭
    my pleasure...
  • Just saw this on the WAISter thread---glad to know that Thera was able to translate for you, Kath. I'm sorry it had to be for such a sad occasion.

Thanks Chugger - Thera has done me proud image