Options

Horndon Feast & Fayre 10K

Comments

• Options

No probs on butting in LadySpark!  Glad someone else is doing this race....so are we hitting the pub(s) after?image

I like the idea of a cake stall at the Baddow 10!  image

• Options

Pixie! Were you at Baddow 10?

Am up for the pub after, but will be driving to Horndon, and Southend. Am always sociable though.. image

Bupa without tunes was fine cos I got into the atmosphere more, but also ran with Slow Plodder on that one, so had company. Saw a lady from work walking in the last km, so helped her carry on running. Is nice supporting those on a lower level than yourself image makes you feel you are doing some good for them and confidence for yourself.

• Options

I was spectating with my dog (think I posted this earlier in the thread).

I'll be driving to Horndon too so maybe we should do tea and cake instead!

• Options

Ah yes.. I forget where you keep poppin up image I was there.. or did we have that conv as well.. perhaps I need to keep a little black book so I remember who I've discussed what with image

Is a nice pub with a beer garden i remember from last time though... although was packed. Either works for me.. you arrange it and I'll be there image

• Options

I'm up for the pub at Horndon, but no hooch for me as will have wheels. But def up for a cup of cha and a cake or two image

Its important to reward oneself!!

PC- I'll look forward to hitting your stall next year at Baddow... plenty of time to plan eh! image

• Options
    Boooooiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnng!!!  I got my race number today 203.  Anyone else had their's yet?  And how are you both feeling about Southend Half this weekend?  Hope you're both well image
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Got my number can't remember what it is, wil check later looking forward to it, as i'm looking forward to Southend, scanning the weather forecast along the way
  • Options

Hiya, I'm no. 157. Am well thanks. Did a long off road - seemed long anyway image - last weekend, planning 10k tomorrow (if I got to bed soon!) as working at home due to tube strikes image - will do it in my lunch break. Ready for Southend.. not sure.. was taking it casual but now want to get a PB which apparently shouldn't be difficult to do seeing as RTTB last year was 2.35 and Brentwood this year 2.38 image

Are we pubbing it or tea-caking it after Horndon then ?

• Options

Hi there. In general I am graced with good health thank you.

Only posted my application for the Horndon on Monday! Dooh! image So I hope I get in.

S-O-Sea, little nervous as haven't run that far for 17years! plus my r.leg is still a little sore, but hey I'm a tough ol' goat so am not going to bale. Hey, BTW did you get two numbers delivered? I know my boobs are get there before me but didn't realise they both needed a number!! image

Assuming I get into the Hordon.... For me the pub (and!) or cha and cakes are fine for me!! image

Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday, save for poor weather, maybe we could all meet up for have a post race cuppa???

• Options

Glad you're well LadyS.  Sure you will get in to Horndon......

Good luck for Sunday.  I'm not running Southend as sooo unfit at the moment.  Still not even properly training for Horndon but reckon I'll manage to chug round somehow!  And as for after I'm happy to go with the flow! image

• Options

Hi Girls,

Not long to go.. hope it's not as hot as Southend Half image Did this one quite a few years back, and was very hot day... actually.. I remember realising what the Hill bit in the name meant... wonder if they are really just slopes image

Pammie, seems we have a mutual friend that will be there to support me/us image

LadyS... you'll def meet him this time image

What's the post-race pub/cake meeting point?

• Options
    Hello! How did you all get on at Southend in the heat?

I have never been to Horndon before so haven't a clue where to meet...anyone got suggestions other than the finish line?!
  • Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Evening

Tracy i am intriged

Southend was tough really struggled with the heat.

Two pubs in Horndon The Bell and the Swan, both on the High Road so i guess there would be a good idea. Or better idea we could swap mobile no's and perhaps meet up beforehand if there's time so we know wat we all look like in te flesh, just mail me if you want mine
  • Options

Hi there!

Pixie C thank you for your good luck wishes last for Southend. It was bloomin' hot! But reading posts from last year it seems the same every year. I'm not sure I'll do it again tho' as found the multiple laps tedious. But come next year I'll proberbly do it again!

TB, how you doing? You still ok for Horndon as it sound like your falling to bits ol' girl! image 

I think touching base before the run could be a good idea as we may all look wrecked afterwards! Tracy and I know what we both look like. Well at least when I last looked in the mirror! If you want my mobly no. just msg me.

image Oh just thought I do hope my number comes in time for Sunday!!!

• Options

Hey Girls,

Yep, am sooooo falling apart.. happens at my age you know image

Went for a steady treadmill run and half hour swim today and back seems to be surviving.

Can meet up beforehand, I know what LadyS looks like as she starts me off first couple of miles in races... and Pammie.. will be with someone that knows what you look like image

Pixie.. recognisable by your wings? image

T

• Options

Morning Girls image

Have been at gym a couple of times, and cycle/swim/cross-trainer and back is surviving. Might try a road run tonight.

Are you all ready? Just checked and it starts at 11am.. hope it's not as hot as Southend as meant to be warming up. Still... a run is a run in any circumstance image

How about meeting around 10.15 at the village church entrance? If I remember from 2004 run there, they have like charity stalls and things in the grounds. Check the Horndon run website. Is just an idea. I think from the car parking you walk past it into the village too.

Have a nice day

Tracy x

• Options
    Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Morning

Seems a good idea, i shall be waling up from stanford station its not far. Meeting by the church grounds seems a good idea. hopefully it won't be as warm as Southend but it will be a bit more sheltered. If memory serves me right the locals are good, putting on showers for those that need it
  • Options
    That's fine by me too!  I might wear the t-shirt I wore for the marathon as it has 'Pixie' on it so you can recognise me easily (or put my wings on!)
  • Options

LadyS, is that good for you?

Okay girls.. please stop me.. am bored at the mo, just eaten my diet lunch of quorn and spinach wholemeal lunch with the hugest apple for afters you've ever seen, so browsing threads has lead me to the Brighton Marathon April 2010. Stop me!!! Would be madness!!! But I do mad things when I'm bored image

• Options
    VERY healthy Tracy!!!  Was it nice?  As for Brighton I say do it!!!  And if you're in a mad mood you don't fancy doing the London Duathlon do you??????  Nice little run and cycle round Richmond Park in September....image
  • Options

Hey Pixie, are you doing Brighton? Have checked with new fella/PT-type if he thinks it's possible to train me for it image

Are you doing fun or challenge? It's only 2 weeks before my first half of 'two halves in two weeks' challenge.

• Options

I was meaning YOU do it not me!!  He he!!  Although it might be fun!  You'd do it no problem and sounds like lots of fun in terms of the training with your fella image

Well I haven't entered yet (waiting till pay day) but have committed to it with a fellow forumite who is doing the challenge.  I haven't even got a bike!

• Options

I knew that image Meant did you want to do Brighton?

Looks like a good one, there are two levels though? But am doing 12week training schedule for my two halves and it would break it. Having done 3 halves by now.. slow and almost successful, need to really stick with training plan to make them better. And.. I'm getting a garmin! Proper runner now image-

• Options
    Pixie! I'm in Brighton! Who else is in? image
  • Options
    Pammie - I hear a rumor you're in Brighton too! See you there! image
  • Options

Good Luck Everyone image

See you soon image

• Options

Well that was er.. Bloody hot. Nice to put faces to nicknames, how were the cream teas?

Will defo be back for that one next year.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Did anyone pb?
  • Options
    I didn't but was very happy with my 1.01 time as i don't think i have run in temp like this.
  • Options

I did a personal worst by 2 mins but still happy that I survived and would def do it again next year.

Loved meeting everyone (nice surprise to meet you Flat Footed!) and thanks for the cream tea and chat girls!  image