Horndon Feast & Fayre 10K

13»

Comments

• (Returns to his chosen position of thread lurker)
  • Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭

Hello all

Sorry i missed you got side-tracked chatting others i knew

managed to run under 57 minutes. No where near what i'd like i struggled as well

Tracey spoke with our mutual friend so sorry to have missed you

• Hi all,

Flat Footed,  cream tea was very nice thank you, although rather stingy on the jam! Didn't they realise that runners need to replace their used calories! image

I've just had another one at home, might have to change my name to Scone Scoffer!!!

Really good to meet you all have a good ol' chin wag at the end. 

Looking forward to the Thift Green 10k (just hope its cooler! ) apart from Pixie and I, anyone else doing it?

Brighton mara did I really say yes to that.....????? Must be the weather affectin me brains innit! image

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Yes i shall be at Brighton too. Don't know what i have put myself in for
  • You 'n' me both!!  image

Y'see I am not an adult even at the ripe ol' age of `droopy drawers'. Therefore I am not reponsible. So its always someone elses fault!!  So this time I blame Pixie!!  image

• When's the Thrift Green 10k?, is it the 19th july or am i still suffering heat stroke image

• Yep its 19th July... you in then FF?.... say yes before the heat stroke gets better!
  • Just checked the Brighton marathon tinternet site and the cost is 45 spondoolies, I am keen(ish) to do it but Pixie and TB was that a def yes from you two then???
  • Hello All,

Nice to meet you FF and Pixie, having met LadyS previously....

Pammie! Hello! He said you were standing near him when I was talking to him.. sorry I missed you image

No to a PB - think my time is a couple of minutes later than when I did this as a one of yearly run in 2005. Not worried, really enjoyed it in my 70 mins and realised it's nice to run a route you've done before. Was hot, no stopping, just plodding image

BRIGHTON! Yes, I signed up days ago now... get onto it girls image

• 19th is the same day as the london to southend bike ride, now i have to make a choice,

I hate making choices

• Another date with us lovelies or a sore a**e?! image No competition!!
  • And LadyS I will def enter Brighton (even with the cost) before I change my mind!!! Happy for you to blame me! image You in too FF?
  • Okays I enter Brighton tomorrow. I crazy scone scoffer now image

Simples!

Checked the Hordon web site and still no results, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place...? image

• Do fancy it, will check the worky rota thingy on the 'morra. got a date with a (2nd) large glass of celebration wine. Although i quite fancy some of those scones now

• Girls! Well done on entering Brighton! See you there image

• Anyone ache today?  I seem to be fine.

Tracy did you say you didn't have to pay for your hotel until you actually checked in?  I want to book something for Brighton and think you mentioned Premier Inn don't charge you till the day????

How was your celebratory wine FF?image

Let me know when the Horndon results are out if anyone does check again....

Isn't it criminal being inside during a heatwave?image

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    I feel fine today as well, went for a run arond 8:3 this morning still warm at that time

Pixie, myself and a lot from my club have booked travel lodge for accomodation and on there it says you don't pay till you check in and can cancel up until the day itself if needed. Don't know about premier inn
  • Yes Pixie, as Pammie said.. it's Travel Lodge.. you can cancel them the day before and don't pay in advance.

Aching is understatement, back's poorly (bl00dy kettle bells at gym Saturday), front and backs of thighs.. am sure my glutes had good workout though image off for leisurely swim tonight.

• Hey all,

Body felt fine (little surpirsed), head slightly tender(not surprised), had a fine day working in the garden today (the joys of shift work - days off in the week) Got a sort of mud/sun burn tan going on,

• Greetings all! image 

Generally ok but left leg is bit tight. Its shorter than my right y'see. Stunted diet as a child. Not enuf scones.

Pixie the travellodge is good value had a look at the premier inn was much more expensive, Pammie is right re cancellation only costs a quid and is well worth it especially if you/one gets a better offer that w/e image or even just an offer!! 

TB leisurely swim eh? For you that may mean crossing the Channel!

FF head tender from the fortified grape juice by any chance or just too much sun....??

• STOP PRESS!! result have been posted on the race website.

Just hope that none of us are the unknowns......!

• Er........definatly the sun nothing to do with the wine at all.  image

My time was almost spot on to what my watch said, quite surprised as i started right at the back.

Next year i'l find a way to lose that 82 sec to take me under the 1 hour mark!!!

When is the cut off for reg for the brighton mara, have got the usual London mara app in so just waiting for another fleece/raincoat to hit the postbox in oct before paying out for another race

• Erm.....I was 424 out of 493! Time was the same as my watch too.

Don't think there is a cut off for Brighton FF but if you enter for both and you get in London you can get your Brighton money back less a tenner or something.
  • imageMorning All,

Yep was 70:09.. similar to my 2005 results for same race! Don't mind, was hot and hilly and I really enjoyed it and didn't stop once.

LadyS no, was just a gentle half hour 50 lengths, think it's helped the back and started half mara training plan with new Garmin today.. fortunately was only 3miles at 12m/m pace! Back is restricting already short stride with short legs as it is. Now in pain image

Pixie.. I was way after you image

No-one here in the Ongar 10k Sunday? Got a friend down from Yorkshire.. who's planning on me drinking with her at the weekend... am so not image

• Evening all! Hope you're surviving the heat image. Love the new pic Tracy!

Just to let you know have officially paid up and entered Brighton and booked the Premier Inn for 2 nights (couldn't get in at the Travelodge).

Tracy good luck at Ongar on Sunday.

• Af'noon all. Not so scorchio today thank God, mind you I hear up in town it's horrible.

Crazy scone scoffer has also paid up for the Brighton marathon!!  image

Pixie C I've found a room (about to book it for 2 nights also) in the travelodge on the Seafront as I was thinking about the end of the marathon and where it ends. Which Prem are you in?

Tracy, good luck for Sunday luvvie! I also noticed the new pickie... Like it!! image

• Pixie, I've just booked 2 nights in the Travel Lodge in the City Centre, right near Preston Park which is the start...The seafront one said there would be noise from nightclubs. Couldn't cope with that the night before!! image

• Hey Girls, am positive I replied to this earlier, but my post seems to have vanished image

Well done on booking the mara AND the accom!  Am in the seafront one in August image will check out the noise then.. unless I'm the one making it image

Thanks for good luck wishes.... now get on the Brighton thread image See you soon.