Edinburgh marathoners past and present

Comments

• Afternoon all

Hope you're all keeping canny?

Ran Blaydon last Tuesday night.Cracking evening for it.Legs felt a wee bit heavy so soon after Edinburgh but managed the 5.9 mile course in 45mns.One or two fine pints of guinness afterwards.image 

• Thanks everyone - let you know how far I manage to kick the sheep tomorrow. image
  • Oh Man (swiper no swipe) that was hard.  4 miles and wanted to stop after 1/2 mile.   Been feeling tired all day and was running on MT tonight image
  • MT?  Passes energy to Smiffie, I've sat on my backside all day!!
  • MT????? is that mestrual tension smiffie image  If you are in that kind of mood I may have a night off the stalking image

I've just blasted a 10k in 40:46.  That was pretty tough and included that bloody railway bridge at the level crossing.  How if only about 2 trains an hour runs up the east coast mainline to Aberdeen after 7pm is the level crossing always bloody closed when I run down there. image  Went down a few dodgy gravelly paths, across a grassy bit on the golf course too.  All in all pretty pleased with that tonight and its not often I have been able to say that recently image

Had a surprisingly good day today.  The manager and the assistant manager were both away at a meeting.  Everything ran like clockwork in their absence and the atmosphere was a million times better than normal.  If only they wouldn't come back I could run the place fab without them!!!!!!!

• say it outloud you dorcus image empty..........
  • I dinnae ken what I fancy for my tea!!!!!!

• image folks!

LOL mum - seems you may be right first to pop on the thread (I'll try no to make a mess of the wur new hoos tho Can image)

Cycled to work an home again and 3 miles with my wee lunch group image Quads are a wee bit achey but feel good..... altho may need a we snooze now !

Gggrrr at work Soph! Altho - at work I make it a point of finding my work unless I'm desperate or eye contact is made at the wrong time! Boss/ TL then agree / think they gave me it image But at my work everyone in team is pretty good to each other most of the time - the abuse is taken with a pinch of salt and forgotten (mostly) pretty soon.

• Ah ha, I see Can.

Smout, take today as an example.  We had a customer in who makes inhaler bodies.  A twonk in the office asked if I had my inhaler with me, so I joked oh that'll be good an asthmatic without an inhaler, I could cowp over and die if I didnae have it with me.  He replied, we can but hope.  It's just the continuous daily comments like that that are obviously not in jest and get really really tiring.  I said to my boss today that the only reason I've blown up a couple of times recently is that I'm that fed up of letting comments like that pass by and just always absorbing their nastiness.  No, I don't have to always let them away with treating me like shit.  Boss says I should say to him, but what is he going to do in all reality when he is big chums with them and doesn't want to have to deal with it...  No, the only way is to get another job if possible.

• Mmmm not good Soph - sounds like bullying to me. I reckon if you told him that's how it seems he'd have to get it sorted (an you kept a record of comments for future if you do end up still there for a while).

Defo keep searching for a happier job tho image

I;m hungry.... who mentioned tea.....
  • I wouldn't come and work with me soph I've said a lot worse than than that in the past image
  • Now why doesn't that surprise me Can.  I do know though that you are a lot more pleasant than these guys even when you are being politically incorrect!
  • Phew! Opted for the "easy paced" run tonight instead of the blast yer lungs out session image  Few of those miles were faster than my race pace!!!!!  I'm fair puggled now but feel good for it too. Legs a wee bit heavy after running up from the coastal path to the woods but hey ......

Nice run Caniggia!!! Did you stop and trainspot then??????

Well done Smout and Smoutickle image

Evening all image

• Soph, worth doing what Smout says and keeping a lot of the comments etc from folk. I know it's something I started to do when I worked for a guy who was a total w*&k*r!! It didn't take long to fill a page with comments like "you're a f&^ck*"g useless waste of space". image
  • Sorry to hear folk having bad days at work, i'm really busy at work just now but all is good with the folk i work with so i cant complain. How a unniversity department is busier out of term than when the students are there i'll never understand. image

No run for me tonight, did 4 miles last night but during the run and since then i've had a pain just below my left knee cap. Will see how it is tomorrow and might try anothr run.

Soph, i got my mens 10k pack in and it has a 15% off at Achilles Heel voucher, so i'm off to get some inov 8's this weekend. image

• normal run in normal time today so happy enough, just done with helping wife write her school reports!!!!
  • Are teacher pupil relationships not frowned upon where you stay Adie?????? imageimage
  • no no Can they are positively encouraged!!!!!
  • Morning all ....

just trying to catch up

(((bungee))) ..huge hugs, i think you have gave your daughter the best advice and concerns to consider that you could ..hope you ok xxx

(((soph)))-I agree with smout ..they shouldnt be getting away with making you feel like this ..its not right ..you are such a lovely and caring person it's just so sad that you are being forced to loose your temper with them due to sheer frustration..someone should be dealiing with it on your behalf.

cannigga -well done on the race ! .....you def getting back on form now !

great training bedshaped !,

hi to everyone else image

my training had been going really really well and then lastngiht i went out for a 5k ...my pace was slower than mondays 10k however i got really burning lungs  throughout the whole run and felt cack ....i dont tend to get this ..any ideas why?...

• Morning all. Today shapping up to be as crap as yesterday, but hey ho...

Soph - you shouldn't have to put up with idiots like this. Does your organisation have a whistle blowing line or a code of conduct you can refer to? Don't let it go on.

Had a great 11 miler last night to blow off some steam. Nice  relaxed pace around 9.14 per mile with a sprint for the last mile. 1.42 for the whole thing and managed to clear my head by the end of it. Feel a wee bit tight in my left achillies this morning which seems to be a recurring theme these days...

ToeToe sock on left foot and Wright sock on right foot was a winning combo - no blisters horroah! image

• Morning,

Och, thanks guys.  I have started writing down some of the comments that are made.  

TD, that was handy getting the token.  I've got some flyrocs and roclites, they are both great. image  Take care of your knee.

Is anyone else doing the 5K in Glasgow next Wednesday eve?  It's a fab course around Glasgow Green, pretty fast too.

I did no training again last night, got home and felt really tired.  So, I lay in bed for a while before making a porcini mushroom and tofu risotto. image

So, I need to get my backside in gear and start a proper training schedule tonight....

How is atom bomb Karen today?  I've got the chant you hear at Glastonbury in my head now, 'mushrooms'.. Get it?!! image

Waves to everyone else.

• Markk - hope you didn't kick any sheep last night - as I might have to deal with that as co-ordinator or all things rural and sheepy here in my job!

• Heh Mark, small company syndrome here.  They know nothing about employment law and couldnae give a hoot!! image  Glad you enjoyed your run last night.  Mind that achilles...  Hope your day is ok.
  • Hmm that's pants Soph. Not just any old pants but a large pair of grey Y-fronts....

This is where small companies find themselves in court having to pay out large amounts of dosh for work place behaviours and the associated stress that it creates.

Think I need to do more streaching or learn to run properly lol!

• Sheep kicking?image.

Hope day gets better for you Soph and Mark. My atom bomb fuse kinda fizzled today, really tired and quiet. Nice wee 3 mile run last ngiht with your mad 50 odd mile bike pal Soph. He's defo the male version of you i thinkimage

• I've just been rung up about my next health assessment, I have one every year through work now that I am of a certain age!  Last year I went and they told me that I was fit and the only way I would get fitter was if I was a marathon runner - ha ha - lets see what they say this year!!!!!

• You know you want to SCharm.... 26.2 miles... mmm! Just thinking about it making me reach for my Asics....

No kicking of sheep last night (or rabbits. Cows to big...)

• Markk - I ran it this year!!!  See picture of me with medal?!  So they should be able to say I'm as fit as I could possibly be!  Probably suggest ultras!

Glad to read you are leaving the wildlife alone!!! 

• Ha! I will go and look for a village that has lost an idiotimage You should do another one, and another, and another. They are rather addictive.
  • Your'e telling me Markk, I was depressed for the week after the marathon as I was "resting" and not running.   I will definately being doing more.