Edinburgh marathoners past and present

Comments

• I felt very strange after the first one in Edinburgh last year. Kind of "Is that it?" sort of feeling at the end. Not sure what I thought I was going to feel, other than glad that's over! That said I was training for Dublin soon after despite having strong memories at mile 19  in Edinburgh along the lines of "I AM NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN _ WHAT THE &*^) WAS I THINKING!!!!" lol.image

Know what you mean about the resting thing - I was dying to get out again even after the debarcle that was Edinburgh 2009 - The Great Drought.

• Heh he told me Karen.  image Bounce.
  • oh man Karen that sounds like hard work. A male and a female Soph version??? image

Hope you have a better day today Soph image

Morning SCharm and Markk. Sheep kicking? Soooo naughty!!! image

• bedshaped there are naughtier things that you can do with sheep, or so I'm told!  Kiwi may know more image

Smiffie speaking a foreign language last night I see "MT", they do talk funny down that way.  I bet she is drinking a COOP of tea right now image

• She's not in God's Own Country DCB! image  Or did you mean the fair trade shop! image
  • LOL yes had coop of tea, whilst plotting revenge image

• Uh oh, what are you plotting for Smiffie?
  • Let me entertain you....... No, that should be the other way round obviously... I'm so bored.  Tum ti tum.  I've already made the camping list the other day.  Been out for midge head nets at lunch, got wellies as the forecast is for rain, waterproof phone holder and technical clothes wash!  Joy, camping in the rain. image

I am so out the door on time today, bored stiff.

I wonder how Bumper is doing after his op???

Where is Jac?

Who else are we missing here, has Molly popped in?

I need to run tonight, I CANNOT walk through the door this evening and lie down on the bed like I did last night.

• Hi Soph, pilates for me tonight, best of both worlds you get to exercise as well as lie down and relax. Always worried I might actually fall asleep and start snoring though!
  • Enjoy your pilates SCharm.  Nearly home time. image
  • Revenge on certain males for taking too much fun out of my accent humph.........
  • Hi Sophster and all,

Bumper is doing okay with the recovery, but it's very vexing to read about everyone running, racing and training when you can't run yourself, so I'm lurking and looking forward to when I can get out for my first gentle jog - frankly at the moment the thought of running is scary and potentially very sore, so no hope yet.

Still hoping to do London next year, and maybe my 5th Edinburgh - you nutters are keeping me upbeat and focused on the positive stuff ahead, especially when I'm feeling like someone has taken the skin off one side of my tummy....image

• Hiya Bumper, hope you make a speedy recovery and positive vibes wooshing their way to youimage
  • Hi Bumper, you'll soon be running again.  You're on road to recovery........ 

Tee Hee 5th Edinburgh, they can't keep you away image

• Hi all

Bumper lots of get well soon man fairy dust on its way to you x image William will be walking round Starbucks next year lol

Soph you been out tonight then? image Or was it the sofa option!! I'll bet on the 1st one lol

Karen its getting closer now imageimage can't believe its here, you are so going to be Smout Hyper on Sunday image You'll be fab have absolutely no doubt about it image

Hi Smiffie how's the revenge plan going? image

SCharm Ha it will be interesting what the docs say now lol I reckon you'll need to start ultraing with Karen to up your game lol image 

I was out for 5K last night and I tried to push my speed which I did in the last mile but it was hard!!! Am doing the Race for Life on Sunday purely to aim for a PB as a challenge and that will be my last 5K race as I don't like them!!! image A lot of my workmates are walking it so I will watch out for them once I am all finished and refreshed lol Its normally me that's getting waited on lol My PB is 26.55 so I want to get under 26 and last night I struggled to get 29!!! But I am hoping I can go for it and push thru the pain barrier!!! I don't normally do pain barriers when running, being a slow coach but my aim this year is to get PB's in as many distances as I can get and if I get this one on Sunday I don't have to do another 5K again image 

Off to chill out as I'm knackered tonight image 

Hi everyone else image

• Good luck for race Bungee and 5k's are bloody painfull!! I'll txt you Sunday to say how i amimage
  • Glad you are on the mend Bumper image

Soph if that job is really based in Keith you'd need a sense of humour image

Chill out Smiffie and have another COOP of tea image

Well I've not run since 31st May due to Achillies but I have been doing some stretches and apart from being very slightly stiff when I get out of bed in the mornings it now seems fine.  The problem is I'm registered to run the Kirkintillock 10K tomorrow night (bib no. 1).  What to do?  Think I'll go and warm up and see how it feels.  If it is OK I'll probably start and see how it goes.  I've never yet run a 10k when I was not carrying an ankle injury of some sort.  Not running is driving me mad, I want to start training for that sub 3:15 in Berlinimage

• Once you get to race day Bungee you'll be going for it big time!!! Good luck image  How's the training at Fife AC going?

Good to hear you're recovering well Bumper. You'll be back on the road soon enough but take it easy!!! image

Can't decide whether or not to do the club time trial tomorrow night. I'm not likely to PB but it might be worth seeing where I am??

• Go for it bedshaped.

Oh dear DCB, you be careful.

• Oh hey Bumper, glad you are on the mend.  The wee jog will come soon enough and then you'll be thinking what I was thinking on Sunday 'WTF am I doing here and this really isn't fun, my heart is beating so hard I think it will pop oot ma mouth'!!!  imageimage  Good that you've got some goals to work towards.

Bungee, you can so break that namby pamby 5K PB, I'm going to bet on you on Fetch!! image  You push through the pain barrier gal or I'll make you do the Ochils race again. imageimage  I have faith in you.

Smiffie, I'm intrigued by your revenge plans! image

I went to the gym tonight and had a manic session on the treadmill.  I did the gradient up to 15.5% at one point and ran it at 10Km/hour for over two minutes! image  Rarrr.

• Do the race bedshaped. image

What time does the race start at the weekend Karen?  Is it midnight on Saturday?  I.e. going into Sunday morning?

• Was that an agression run you did Soph? 1am saturday morning race starts. image. Guess what i'll be doing most of Fridayimage
  • You staying up mega late tomorrow then Karen? image  No, not an aggression run as such, more a will I be able to run up a bloomin great mountain on Saturday type run. Heh.
  • Karen - Good luck at the weekend.  I'd really love to do that race sometime but I don't think my body would let me!
  • I missed out a G in aggression!! You take it easy on the mountains Soph!! Who am i kiddning you wont!!

Thanks DCB, been a proper adventure of a year training for this and loved every minute, boing boing bring on race day. I'm sure you'll do it one day, half the battle is in the head not just the body.

• hello folks,

Bumper I'm just behind you if I do edinburgh again next year it would be my 4th and 10/26ths time image

I dont join DCB in his enthusiasm for the west highland way race.  I loved when I met the organiser with karen and he told me if I was interested to get my entry in asap.  I didn't mean to sound rude when I replied dont worry I have no interest about doing it whatsoever but I'm sure I did lol!!!!!!

Strangely looking forward to the Dundee half on sunday.  Not looked forward to a race for quite a while I was kind of dreading New York, Tom Scott, Loch Leven, Boston, Kinross and Edinburgh before I got there.   Its always nice when you look at the runners and riders and only recognise a handful of familiar names as it normally means the race isn't going to be too clubby and you have a bit more than no chance of finishing quite far up the field.  Nae chance of winning anything but getting my name in the courier on monday morning is still an ambition of mine (although not in the court section image).  never got a mention for 3rd in cancer research 10k as the race is not a race and nobody wins (still dont understand that one) and I've a couple of 12th place finishes where only the top 10 got menties and a 21st when the top 20 got a mentie last year.  Maybe this week if only I could run properly image

Smiffie dont let DCB bully you there is nothing wrong with your accent as far as I'm concerned in fact I think you have a really sexy font when you post imageimage  If you would like me to make you a COOP of HOARLUCKS before you go to bed you only have to ask.  Its no hastle I'm normally just outside image image

Nite nite everybody image

• Hey FOlks!

Bumber just you look after yourself an get better an pop in whenever you like image You know we'll still be here (we may turn off the lights an pretend we're not sometimes but that's just for fun image)

I'm image and don't really know why LOL!

Just no long back in from Oasis tonight. Walked Murrayfield to blooming east end of George St and my legs are exhausted - feel worse than when I run on them image

Was good fun though and I'm ready for a good sleep an another day off work yay image

Wooo hooooo mum image Nearly time no many sleeps and dinners left imageimage