Saturday 6th June

Morning all,

Just back from the summer ball and heading off tomorrow to god's own county and to see Mrs AF's latest great-grandaughter.  Oh, and I've to fit about 45 miles in before we  get back

• What:  10m
  • Why:  Recovery
  • Last Hard:  1/1
  • Last Rest:  15/5

Have a good one!

Comments

• AF - latest great grandaughter!  Will be nice to be around to see my great grandchildren!  Enjoy your trip.

Dubai Dave - that sounded like a fun event. Gee - Mrs Dubai Dave only 40!! Hope she has a lovely birthday.

SGQ - nice running.

What: 4.5 miles Cornwall Park Friday.

14 miles - silly o'clock Sunday then off to watch netball. Always manages to rain but good result.

Good running everyone.

• Morning All

We had a good night last night, MrsDD is still in the land on nod so I have the kids to entertain whilst nursing my hangover. Last night Mrs DD told me that we have running friends and normal friends!

AF: Great Grandchildren???

What: Nowt
    Why: Hangover and scheduled rest
    Last Hard; Yesterday
    Last rest: 7 days

Have fun

• Morning All

Just off to Dorney Dash 10K. Hopefully I'll take around 15sec a mile off my mid-week time but won't be trying for a sub 40 unless I feel great (which is doubtful).

What: 10K ~ 41mins
    Why: Need to do some speed but don't want to kill myself
    Last Hard; Last night
    Last rest: Monday

Foreign lyrics so no way. Yesterdays were Proud - Heather Small

• What: 9M Gradual acceleration

Why: punishment for accidental hangover
    Last Hard; Last night
    Last rest: Yesterday

• mavamava ✭✭✭

morning all

Great-grandchildren AF???

What: 3.1 miles at effort
    Why: hangover
    Last hard: bits of that
    Last rest: 16 Feb

Enjoy the saturday people.

• G'Day.

14 Miles d&d.

Got in just before the rain - amazing how sunburn turns to wet.

Good run. Needed it after Thursday nights mishap.

Drink tonight (sheduled party!!), easy tomorrow. 

• I was a child bride image

quick clue on the lyrics - Should have gone to specsavers.

• Pammie*Pammie* ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Oh yes i know the lyrics now with that clue AF. Enjoy the visit to see great grand daughter

What: Track
    Why: Try to make it the new Saturday regime
    Last Hard: Today undoubtedly
    Lyrics: Oui

I've done track sessions before but not with my club in a group. Got there early so started warm up was joined by 2 other ladies but they are way quicker than me and i like breathing so i let them go ahead did 6 laps.
    Joined by club captain and he had us go through some drills so we did heel flicks, sideways steps, high knees and some strides

Then came the session
    3 x (3x 600m) 1 min recoveries, 3 minutes between each set

first time i was there so guess we had no idea how i do so coach put me with two other ladies but managed to runa bit quicker we were joined in our group by 2 other guys so i joined them on the following efforts giving the ladies a little headstart
    the times
    3:13
    2:48
    2:52

2:51

2;51
    2:53
    2:53

Quite enjoyed it all in a masochistic way and quite pleased the splits were pretty much consistant

• Oops, I added 15sec per mile instead of taking it off and finished in 45mins someit.

Legs just didn't have any real speed and I didn't relish the hurt so stopped and walked until Mr K went past at around 4k . I ran along with him trying to get him a sub 45 which didn't quite happen.
    Really think that I may have jacked it in at 5K if not for him.Caught up with a few people afterwards and then ran home.
    A steady 3.5M in tracksuit / waterproof and backpack at around 9:30 and felt comfortable and able to run forever. Thats the type of running I enjoy.
    Which I think has made my decision about whether to go long or fast for me.

Oh and I may pop out for some more miles this evening image

• Afternoon,

I love those days when running feels easy!  I just wish they happened more often.  Today was one such day, though, so I'm not complaining.  I didn't run fast, but I ran faster than average, and it felt great every step of the way.  Always comfortable and always, when I looked at the watch, going slightly faster than I thought I was.

What: 7.5M
    Why: Why not?
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest: Thursday

Great grandchildren - surely not!?!?  I'm tracing my family tree and have just made contact with a very distant relative (4th cousin) who has shown me some work she has done that has got my family line (the bit that  keeps my surname going) back to 1680!!!  Wowsers!

• RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear you didnt have a great run Joe.

SML Div 3 west 5000m, B string runner for Andover & Overton, solid race, very windy, came 6th overall, behind a guest runner and 4 other A runners, won B race comfortably by 90 secs. so max points for the club. 0.41, 1.26, 1.28, 1.28, 1.28, 1.28, 1.29, 1.29, 1.30, 1.30, 1.29, 1.28, 1.29 for an 18:29.

Off to do the Dorney / Eton Half tomorrow.

• JH - Done Dorney twice and ran poorly on both occasions  - sometimes windy, but otherwise uninspiring-  especially the last 2k; 'should' be a pb course but rarely is - I don't think pancake flat necessarily makes it ideal - although my first 10k for ages is next weeks Wargrave 10K which is a bit too much the other way.

Good running RFJ - good luck tomorrow - is that 4 laps? - rather you than me.

What: 8 miles steady
    Why: keep the weekly milage over 50
    Last Hard: Weds track
    Last Rest: Monday

Have a good one

• Good work Pammie.

Joe - all miles in the bank - enjoy.

SGQ - I did the genealogy thing a while back, and came to England to see where 3 of my gparents came from and went to Denmark to see where the 4th one came from. We are getting descendants from the  Danish side come to visit soon. All very interesting.

RFJ - nice win there.

Michael - agree - it is sometimes harder to run a flat course, no relief, just concentration.

• NZC - 107M in the bank since last saturday off six days.running. So the lack of speed isn't too surprising. image

RFJ - I'll pop over and scream abuse (I mean support) . Its only a couple of miles away. I hope the wind dies down for you.

• Pammie, that's a great track session; well done that the reps were so even

& RFJ, amazingly even too

What:  12ml in total but all messed up
    Why: wimped out of going to the track at lunchtime, cos of the rain, and the forecast that it would be better later, So 4pm drove to the track and did my warm up on the roads, then went in to pay, and was told there was an event on but it would be finishing soon.  Found I could use the throwing cage so did some discus practice.  After about an hour the meeting still had not finished, so decided tI'd better go home via the supermarket, or it would be shut, so later ran from home, but not the speed session I mean't to do, cos by now I was rather fed up.

And decisions for tomorrow  I've agreed to meet discus coach at 12.  I had just resolved to get out for my long run at 8am (ie very early for me), rather than leave it till the afternoon, but looking at the weather forecast, it looks much better for the afternoon.......