Get the urge

2»

Comments

• In my mind I run like Paula Radcliffe...

...then I see my reflection in a bus shelter and it upsets me.image

Put the Rocky Anthem on your ipod and go for burn that's what I say!!!

• ... I have been known to suffer from "Bus Stop Speed" that is when, as you approach a bus stop that is full of young, fit, good looking people and you feel pretty tired (because you have been training for miles), your back straightens your pace increases and a less pained expression creeps across your face! - Only for it all to quickly revert, when you are 30 feet passed the bus stop! The only thing I don't understand is why that never happens in a race???

any body else suffer?

• I have only ever once come across someone running the same direction I was. I was recovering after an injury and just starting to buold up my distance again - TBH I was out doing a 2 miler and struggling with it. He slowed down to talk to me and told me he was running the London Marathon next week and was doing a 20 miler!! After a couple of polite interchanges I said "Well, don't let me slow you down!" and off he went, leaving me in his dust.

But I'm at the stage where I'm concentrating more on distance than speed, so no I don't think I woulkd overtake someone out on a run, as I would probably be the one slowing down after to get my breath back.

At my 10K back in May though it was very nice to be running past a LOT of people to finish in the middle of the group - even though I still got overtaken by a penguin, a tomato and a chicken!!

• Schmoo74Schmoo74 ✭✭✭
    Stace, I to am a sufferer of BSS. It's a common affliction so don't worry image
  • Schmoo,

I have been reliably informed that you must remain composed for a good while after as very often people may check you out, only to find you are collapsed in a heap - Not a good look!