west mids events thread

Comments

• Cancer Research UK 10k, Sutton Park, 13th Sep, anybody? (no gender restriction on this one!)
  • mite do

bit hilly over there though aint it
    is it properly measured and all that though ? - cos i am looking for a pb
    this year i am doing no races with "fun" in the title

• hmm, organised by the same people that  do the race for life

so it won't be
    next year maybe

• although it might be good practise for the conductive education 2 weeks later, since that is flat

• £19.50!!!!

• birmingham half is only £24.10
  • Helloimage

• lo spence
  • Given that the entry fee 'does not include a donation', you have to wonder where the money goes. Even with the free T-shirt, it is a little bit steep. Then again I've paid £22.00 to enter the Jane Tomlinson 10k in York.

Makes the Leafy 10 look great value!

• yyaaaa........................
  • had a brilliant run tonight first run in 18 days due to my suspected swine flue 5 miles in 45 min all good !! bit of a buggar though i was looking forward to the black coutry half but recover was just so slow so bring on Birmingham half and beachy head marathon in october,
  • finally found it!

now what have I missed.....?

• Someone mentioned free chocolate..........image

• Hi all

Lazy this weekend, feel bad only managed 3 miles yesterday and feel really guilty about it (as eat loads as well !).

Will have to make up for it this week.image.

No chocolate for me !!

• ooh, nice thread!image
  • Kaks - only 3 miles for me too - ran out of time image
  • 9 miles for me and my dawg Saturdayimage

and then R4L on Sunday, but I walk/ran that as I had roped a friend in to do itimage

• Well done Spence image
  • RK - the BvH leafy 10 is great value, we would have charged more but could not think of what we would spend it on!!!

i hope all you west midland folk will atttend - it will be a social with a race thrown in
    and seriously - it is dirt cheap

• well seeing as lovely Lurker has started this thread, I thought I might make an addition to it?

Not strictly in the Midlands region....but I still watch Midlands Today, and its only just outside the administrative boundary....so I am sure there must be some people who might be tempted with a short trip down the M5 on a saturday afternoon???

Devil's Chimney 'Almost' 10k multi-terrain race!

Saturday 18th July in the evening!!!

• Road-Kill wrote (see)

Makes the Leafy 10 look great value!

echoes Lurker - not just look, it is!  Get your entry in now - close to the limitimage

Nice to see peeps far and wide settling onto the West Mids sofa

• nick - it would be lovely to see you since we will not see you in september
  • hmmm could be interesting given it is the week after....!
  • oh yeah - maybe not lol lol lol

come and have cake and tea if you have time

• Cake and tea, yummy.....
  • Is it go faster cake!?
  • no, it's chill out cake for after

• and the lemon drizzle is particularly yummy-(special request please)
  • well, there seem to be some results coming from somewhere for the rowheath 5k as ourt club site is announcing a couple of warwickshire champions - but i can't see any on the web site still

• Still nothing from the website, wonder where the results are coming from. I recall it took a while for the first set to come out.