Options

Mike Jackson

Comments

• Options
    I have morals, honestly I do, I just do what 99% of the British public do... Which is make light out of a sorry situation. Clearly not promoting paedophilia.
  • Options
    ... in fact I don't tihnk anyone needs to justify that!
    Anyway, you've said two naughty words. Tut. I'm telling on you.
  • Options
    I think McDonalds are a bit off introducing a tribute burger. Rumoured to be 50 year old meat inside 12 year old buns
  • Options
    Sensitive and moral are naughty words?

We should all be fine then as far as getting into heaven
  • Options

I would say paedophilia and having kids sleeping in your bed is a bit immoral, isn't it?

The post mortem results have just been publicised and Doctors now believe he died due to an allergic reaction.  Traces of 6 year old nuts were found in his mouth and stomach.

• Options
    I think immoral is a nice of saying "YOU FILTHY OLD TWAT!"
  • Options

Coops, I was having a discussion with someone at lunchtime. It seems that it's ok that MJ did that... because he "wasn't found guilty" which means it's ok. It's also ok to find him to be a wonderful person because he "wasn't found guilty". So... It would seem that MJ fans are in denial about their beloved idol, because he "wasn't found guilty".

When I asked why he settled out of court, I was met with stony silence. 

• Options

Exactly DM.  Everyone knows he did it.  He had the best lawyers in the world against a family that had no money.  He then gave him about £12million to shut up.  Call me cynical, but that strikes me as a man that has had a young boys balls in his gob!

To continue idolising him in my eyes is just ridiculous.  I don't make habits of taking the piss out of the dead, but for him, I am making very special allowances. 

• Options

I only wish I knew Michael Jackson.  I'd have let him suck me off for £12 million squid!

My Uncle used to do it to me and I got fuck all apart from a bag of Bonbons!

• Options
    TOTP!! (that is a joke btw, before the police raid my Uncle's house!)
  • Options
    I think if it had been a one off accusation, we could try to listen to his jibber jabber objectively.

But since these allegations have been going on for about 15 years...he is a kiddie fiddler
  • Options

That's the thing though. It's all a bit naive if you ask me... That or they only want to see that happy side of life... Anyway. There's another issue. Some people have branded him a genius. I disagreed with that over lunch, too, only to be shot down for being "wrong". No justification, nothing.

So, if you just want to pretend that life is nice and happy and rosy, take a leaf out of the MJ Appreciation Society's book. 

It's like saying "Myra Hindley had a lovely way with kids"

• Options
    Definitely NOT a genius!

I think he added to the world of music, but I would rather him be dead than ruining kids lives and being permitted to wave cash to get his misdemeanors to go away
  • Options

Bach - Musical genius.
    Mozart - Musical genius.
    Wagner - Musical genius.
    Schoenberg - Musical genius.
    Michael Jackson - ...

• Options
    The other bonus about Jacko kicking the bucket is there are going to be a fair few narked ticket touts now  image
  • Options
    CorinthianCorinthian ✭✭✭

*Serious point warning

*I agree with Minks on the genius question; I don't think he was either - he was a fantastic entertainer if you liked that sort of thing. 

But what was his influence on future musicians? What musical style did he create/sustain?

He wasn't even that much of a dancer - People keep citing the 'Thriller Video'... that was mostly down to John Landis.

• Options

He's been hit by
    He's been struck by
    A failed ventricle

• Options

Genius??  Einstein was a genius, as was Isaac Newton et al.

Why does everyone kiss people's arses when they are dead?  He did some alright music back in the 80's.  He then turned into a freaky paedo.  If that's genius then Gary Glitter is the Messiah!

• Options
     If only Gary Glitter had £12million he could still be a musical genius.
  • Options
    [casts mind back to the moderately recent Jade Goody threads]

I still think she was a twat, y'know.
  • Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    Corinthian wrote (see)

*Serious point warning

*I agree with Minks on the genius question; I don't think he was either - he was a fantastic entertainer if you liked that sort of thing. 

But what was his influence on future musicians? What musical style did he create/sustain?

He wasn't even that much of a dancer - People keep citing the 'Thriller Video'... that was mostly down to John Landis.

You just had to spoil it!!

You'll get us started on morals in a moment.

Wonder how long it'll be before a tribute/memorial concert is organised...

• Options
    GertieGertie ✭✭✭
    Coops10 wrote (see)

If that's genius then Gary Glitter is the Messiah!

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
  • Options
    Don Minquez wrote (see)
    [casts mind back to the moderately recent Jade Goody threads]

I still think she was a twat, y'know.

I still think she wasn't as much of a twat as people make out.

Anyone got any jokes which combine Mike and Jade?

• Options

George Sampson is a good dancer but he doesn't play with young boys (I think).

Anyway, this is the first thread in a long while that has genuinely made me laugh out loud several times in ages.  Therefore, I would like to thank MJ for his unselfishness as none of this would have been possible otherwise. 

*raises a glass to Jacko's dodgy ticker*

• Options

People get overly attached to people they actually know very little about, I think. Why do people idolise other people? Yeah, I'm a fan of some, but I don't think I'd be brought to tears should any of them die... It seems to be the "thing to do" nowadays.

1) Select an idol.
    2) Buy their albums.
    3) Go on about how you had your walls covered with posters of said idol
    4) Overreact when they do what EVERYONE does at one time or another.

• Options
    I went easier on Jade as she was just a dummy.