triathlon training decreases fertility

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8124458.stm

Do I reduce time on bike to preserve fertility or up training volume and move to Spain in the hope of improvement in my sex life?

Comments

• I've used two, would rather not use any more, so the less "normal looking ones" the better image
  • If Mr LB decided to take up IM training and wound up with a GAWJUSS bod as a result of it, I think he might get more sex, not less.......image

• Ultra-Ironwolf wrote (see)
    depends whether you desperately want kids. Shouldn't affect your sex life though, most women would be very happy with a little less sperm!
    i really cannot describe how bad the image that you have put into my head is IW!
  • and Liverbird, in my limited experience, and assuming you are not a feeder, IM training does not necessarily have a terribly positive effect!

• You're in shape, mate! Round is a shape image
  • (it was a x-post!)
  • why would a vasectomy make any difference?
  • because it's hard to be sexually uninhibited if you are scared of getting pregnant.

the invention of the pill was, in my opinion, probably *the* most important factor in changing the lives of women in the 20th century. Fantastic, we can have sex for fun - you guys have taken it for granted!

condoms and caps are statistically fairly safe but when you are using them you feel very aware of the link between sex and pregnancy. Or I did anyway.

a sterile man offers the same freedom.

• Don´t get me started on Vasectomy´simage

• vasectomies are great.............I didn't feel a thingimage
  • My vasectomy resulted in a lot of pain, firing on one barrel, they think? But not sure which is still firing millions of live rounds.

Still too frightened to have another go.image

This story in its full glory is reserved for Post IM Social gatherings only.

• i  think  i'd find the thought of giving away 20% of my salary for the next 18 years fairly inhibiting!

anyway, if that was what IW meant, then I (thank christ) misunderstood what she meant

• 15 mate 20 for two sprogs, then again if you have more you can get a discount on the first two.

It is after tax though!

• oxy were you thinking along the lines of taste or textureimage

G sport.............that just shows how virile you must be too much man to be tamed by a little opimage

• lol- something like that. it was the phrase  "most women would be happy with a little less sperm" that did it, i dont see how else you could interpret it!

• [pads in, administers slaps where necessary, and pads out again]
  • G-Sport wrote (see)

My vasectomy resulted in a lot of pain, firing on one barrel, they think? But not sure which is still firing millions of live rounds.

LOL! Excuse me love - I just need to check which gun is ready to fire!!!!!image
    I bet a 36cm round head coming out of my va-jay-jay hurt more.......image

And I had to do that twice.....

• LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    G-Sport wrote (see)

chose, surely!?
  • LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    I bet a 36cm round head coming out of my va-jay-jay hurt more.......image
    only a 36 cm................mine was 39.5 cmimageimage
  • and you lot reckon us blokes brag about how big ours is???
  • Bloody hell Seren! If average is 34cm, what did you give birth TO????image

I think I know why it hurts so much. Bear with me a moment.....

You remember pi from school? Circumference of a circle and all that? Well Pi is roughly 3.142 and if you times that by the 10cm they allow for the cervix to open, you get 31.42cm circumference.

And then poor Seren has to try and squish a 39cm head through a 31cm gap......image

Do you see my point? image

• that's why baby heads are squishable and why epidurals were invented