First race advice needed

2»

Comments

• hey everyone i am running outside and doing 5k in 27.01 ( best time ) have been training for two weeks properly and was wondering how often i should be running and if i should be doing easy runs in between? im 25 so feel i can push myself a bit

thanks guys

• You say you've been training properly for 2 weeks, what sort of milage is that? Also, how much running were you getting done before that? Any specific goals you had in mind?
  • hi jim

im running a 5k road run just trying to beat my time each time not really sure about training scedules yet.

thanks again

• hi all, im 44 and stopped smoking in january. been going tot the gym on and off for years but little or no cv done. started a bit of running in april but pulled my calf, had alreadt entered a 5k with a friend so did it anyway. got round in 27.50 then limped for days. oops. runnig more now with what my physio desrcibed as the cirular technique. have found it impacts much less on my joints. im 6 foot 2 and 14 stone 5 so not exactly the right weight for distance running but hey.  runnig locally at 5 k distance inaround 26 mins now. got my first ten k a weel saturday and hoping to do about 55 mins. is that ok ish. ?