This is very embarrassing...

2»

Comments

• i welled up and sobed whilst running in the GSR last year, it was at about 9 miles and i really hadn't trained enough (furthest run then was 8.5/9miles) and it was a mixture of pain, relief that i was almost there and generally being a bit of a wuss. it didn't happen when i did the Paris half this year, and so i hope that it is not going to make a come back - it certainly never happens in training!
  • I did my first half marathon two weeks ago (first anything actually) and was convinced I was going to cry as I crossed the line but I didn't  -  what I have been doing all the time since though is welling up and drizzling everytime anyone congratulates me or asks me about it because I'm still so proud of myself!  Rubbish time but a PB nonetheless because it's the only time I've ever done  image
  • The very first race I ever did was Race for Life going back almost 6 years.  I remember crossing the finishing line and blubbing as I was so proud of myself.  I last blubbed at our annual club event this year when I saw all the beginners, that 12 weeks previously could not run at all, cross the finish line.  I am doing my first half in September and full expect to cry buckets when I finish.  And as for London marathan, if I am lucky enough to get a place in the ballot, I can only assume I will have to carry half a box of tissues in my bum bag.image
  • I tend to get emotional before a race but have never blubbed after one thankfully!

Last time I got all teary-eyed was when I was out to support/cheer on the Glasgow Mens' 10K.
    I think it was the pipers at the start that set me off. I had goosebumps, adrenalin rush and everything – very weird!!
  • I cried when the thought occured to me that I might never run again and that I might not be able to do martial arts anymore because I was getting old and things were starting to malfunction.

Then I cried when my son told me I'd embarrassed him by telling him how proud I was of him on Facebook image. Then I cried when he phoned me and said 'Mum, I was only teasing - you can tell me how proud you are of me anytime you like' aaaaaaawwwww luv im image

I cant wait to cross a finish line - any finish line - so that I can cry for having finished a race image

• Glad its not just me that gets a bit emotional at the end of a race...

I think it is just a combination of exhaustion mixed with a bit of pride at managing to get there. Doesn't affect me in training , but a bit of a crowd and a sprint fininsh usually get me going a bit

• Crying shows the effort or determination that you have done, after all the hard work either paid off or not, but at least you crossed the line.  I am a 16 stone big bloke and finishing the FLM '09 in 6 hours with the heat and pain and blisters after only starting to run in January - of course that is emotional and you are allow to cry.......

p.s. I held the tears back(!)

• I once cried when I caught my nob on my flies. Do I win five pounds?
  • I cried when my missus caught my nob in another woman.

My fiver I think Coops. image

• Your 'nobs' diserve to be found in a meat slicer image
  • I was close to tears for the last 8 miles the last time I did the London Marathon. Just wanted everyone to go away & leave me alone in my pain and misery! Couldn't cope with the emotion of it at all.