Paris Marathon 2010

This way for everything you need to know about the Paris Marathon 2010 and a whole lot more. The official website of the race is here although details of the 2010 race are not yet available. Race date is 11 April 2010.  Only 266 days left for training. Allez allez.

Comments

• How spooky - I haven't been posting much lately and thought I'd drop in on the Paris  thread. Then I discovered the 2010 thread has started up 10 minutes ago. It's definitely a sign.image

Allons-y tout le monde!

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
  • Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Bonjour!

Apartment or hotel?  Great hotel this year, but planning on going with friends next year...either way it's got to be within walking distance of the start again, and have a modicum of soundproofing.

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    AND , next year,we make an effort..... image

Yeah, RR!  * Are you doing La Parisienne?*
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    never trust a man with a tash...
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Did a 10 mile dash today in 70 minutes, felt back to normal almost.

Now it's time for a very hot curry. Was planning a Barby but the weather in Paris is rather dull and I'm feein lazy... 

• Oh Boy the new thread - OH is so over the moon that I've found itimageimage.  Apparently I've turned into a running bore - and that's even though not trotted for 3 weeks!!!!  9 months and counting till race day - can;t do any worse than last year so hears to keeping injury free for the next 9 monthsimage - all of us!!

• PBs are there to be broken Paris 2010 here we comeimage
  • PBs will be broken.  Oh yes.
  • Should this not be listed under 'events' though?
  • Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Perhaps if we ask Caroline nicely she'll move it?

I'm going for sub 3:40 this year!!

Hey Rob, I was in that Leeds on Wednesday, at a printer near Cross Green?

I asked them if they knew you, they just narrowed their eyes a little and spat.

• Cross Green Mr P?  Splitters.  Them aint naffin to da norf wes' Leeds massive.

Are you doing the Birchwood 10k by the way?

Sub 4 for me, maybe 3.45 but I'll have a better idea by the end of the year.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Yes I think so, all being well. I haven't done it before.  You?

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Too early for 2010 predictions- got this season to get through first.

Mrs OO is away this w/end so it's been a sport feast. 16 miles this moring. 40 mins. warm up, one hour at marathon pace, then 40 warm down. That means with the 10 yesterday it's been a marathon w/end. That's the longset run I've done since M St. Michel.

Then a swim at lunchtime with the kids. I managed 3km at just over 30 mins. per km (rubbish I know). My eldest managed 4.5 km in the same time it took me to do 3 image. Even my 11 year old wasn't far behind imageimage. And they're girls- the shame of it.

• ATM wrote (see)
    Yeah, RR!  * Are you doing La Parisienne?*
    I don't think I'm going to make it, unfortunately, although I might have a last minute change of heart. I'm going to have a crack at the Glasgow half though - not quite so exotic, but more convenient.
  • ATMATM ✭✭✭
    You can swim 3K, OO? When are you entering IM Nice? imageSeriously, do you cycle, too?

Waaaaa, RR.If you change you mind, join the team. Either way,I'll come and support you at the Half.* I'll bring a big French flag. Weegies can do ' exotic'!*

42k ,(Relax,on the bike )for me, today.Second slow trot on the treadmill, tomorrow. Avenue Foch seems a long way off..

• Nice to see all the happy folk from Paris 2009 making it through. If you are reading this in March 2010, you might need to skip forward about 500 pages.  However, between here and there, we've probably already answered your question 20 times over.  The problem for you is, do you want to endure all the insane drivel that seems to be an in crowd of good mates, in between?  Tough one.

But don't be put off.  We ain't nuffing if not welcoming and artickyerlut image

If any of  you use a Garmin  product but haven't seen their new web based collect and share tool (Garmin Connect), it's quite slick.  There's a player for your runs, so it will show a marker going around a course, the elevation change, the speed at that moment in time, and if recorded, the runner's HR as well.  I just pooped myself out with a 24K this afternoon. It's here.

• Did a lovely 5 miler this morning - a different route as it was my first trott for 3 weeks thought I be a little radical!!  A 4 miler then stretched for 5 mins then a 1 mile gentle trott home, very pleased - will repeat the experience tuesday.

TD: like the new avatar a good likeness I am sure

I am still trying to find a shrek "princess fiona" (orge or human form really don't mind) to use but can't find one anywhere if anyone out there has one please send it to me!!! 

• Think I've found a Princess Fiona - am waiting for it to be checked!!!!!
  • Hey Fi - your avatar has disappeared completely presumably due to Princess Fi search image Did a 5km today really think this is too short a distance  first 2.5km I felt a bit stiff thereafter went into relaxed mode and started getting back to normal pacing but felt like I had just barely started to warm up by the time I got to 5km.  Total cr*p.  I know I need to be patient but really this was rubbish...

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Sadly ATM I can't swim for toffee. My stamina gets me along but it's a grounding experience to be overtaken by everybody. I don't ride a bike apart from the odd jaunt with the kids, and I only have a mountain bike. One day when I have more time (about 9 years from now I hope) I'd lover to give the Tri a go- even though I'm basically good for nothin but runnin.

You'll get there NG- remember, you never give up image

• Mr P - not done it before no.  It was just a flat 10k not too far away in late August.  Week after we get back from la belle France so I'm hoping it'll be enough to keep the food intake in moderation and the running up.
  • 9 miles easy this morning

• OO:  I did a lot of swimming on holiday in the med.  Usually between 600m and 1km round the bay, this was depending on the wind and how choppy the water was.  I had a lovely time looking at the various houses along the coast line and deciding which one I would purchase with my lottery winnings.  Sadly the winnings grand total was £10 - not a lot you can buy in the south of france for £10image!! 

IF anyone is going anywhere near Cote d;Azur this holiday season, the cycle track on the coast looks a fab place to run along early morning or late evening - boy was I envious of all the runners I saw, never mind there is always next year.

Have a fab day you all!!!!

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    Help!Unresponsivekeyboard.Tyyyyyping takes ages..+repeated keystrokes ..New batteries in.Any ideas?
  • Out of over 16,000 posts on RW, this will be my first ever on the Training area.  Probably gives you an idea as to my dedication to running!

Has anyone asked Catherine to move this thread to Events as yet?  The reason I ask, is that I am not posting any further messages in this section until it does!  It's hard enough getting involved in your Paris clique without having to look in the wrong area for it!! image (just kidding)

• Welcome Coops - sounds like you'll fit write in here!!!!