Paris Marathon 2010

Comments

• I can't respond as I said I wasn't posting in this section. Sorry.

Nice play on words with write and right by the way image

• Coops - be lasy like me. Right at the bottom of the page is an icon with a label "Add to My Bookmarks". Then when you sign in to RW, just click on My Bookmarks and select the thread.  Much quicker. Just some cross training for me tonight so I've got a (purposefully) lovely bum and thighs.....

Nothing to do with going on holiday this week and wearing Speedos a lot of the time.  Nothing at all. 

• ATMATM ✭✭✭
    New keyboard and mouse!
    AND...the Asics 1140 are fab. Second, very gentle ,trot on treadmill went well. Le Depart looks possible...

I DID type a response to you , OO and F, but it seems to have been lost...F, I now understand your nickname: nice photo. I'd just thought you were...er...Royal...OO, you're way fit to tri...and you live somewhere with nice weather. Not tempted?

Fizz? Where are you? Still livin' in 2009?

• Hi All,

Wow things have moved on since I last looked. A new thread and everything! Jope you are all well?

My running has taken a major step backwards since Paris. Run less than a hundred miles since. Been toying with the idea of a triathlon but despite my best efforts in recent months I still cant swim well enough. Too much coordination required: Thinking about breathing and arms and legs (should have been able to tell it was a no go from my appalling dancing! No coordintation there = No coordination swimming image ) So this week I'm back to running in earnest! Hope I can remember how!image

• FizziofinnFizziofinn ✭✭✭

Where are you all hiding? I searched pages of events and ended up clicking on the link put in by TD. What board is this on so I can try and put it on a quickie link? Thought I was going to be all alone talking to myself on 2009image

JM What happened on your 22 and had the 20's gone ok? Do you think it was too fast a pace and on the day did you go slower or faster than your 22M pace? panic starting to kick in a bit. Have decided after multi-suggestions to do Helsinki as an easier run and then go for Dublin as number 1.

ATM great news about your second run. Onwards allez allez image

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I have just one question for you Coops, which end of that cow is talking?
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Rest day today, and back to the chocolate image
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

All the pointless houre I spent looking for the thread in the past. And all the pointless subjects we covered in the past. And only now somebody points out the 'bookmark this page' trick.  image

Think I need some chocolate to calm down......ahhh

• Hi All,

I must admit I quite fancy doing this again in 2010, hopefully if I don't get injured like this year and can do more than one months training I should be able to knock a chunk of my p.b.
    Oh no, just thought if I enter this again I will open up the can o' worms that is the "medical certificate" saga.

LD

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Funny you should say that LD, I'm just organising my medical at work in France to get my certificate for next years running season, which starts this autumn. It wasn't the highlight of last years thread for me either.
  • OO

I dare not  get one sorted yet in case they decide to change the required wording as they did this year and I have mine rejected again.

LD

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    The trick is to download the form from the website, and then proceed.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    here we go....
  • All this talk of medical forms - lets not wish our lives away!!!  I just printed mine off and got brother in law to sign it as he is a GP!!!!!!

TD:  am sure you are a vision in your speedosimage!!

ATM:  number one son thinks I should have used an ogre version of Princess Fionaimage.  Not much of a likeness to myself but I live in hope.   So pleased about the shoe success and your trotting, things are obviously heading in the write direction.

I did a lovely 4 miler this morning, turned the "speed up" alarm off on my watch and just let my body dictate the pace - on returning home after stretching - average pace 8.52 - very surprised as everything felt lovely and rhythmic (or however you spell the d*m word).  3 miler and pilates tomorrow - will do the same thing not have "speed up" alarm on and see how it goes.  Am stretching so much after the running I feel like bendy lady from the "incredibles" another cartoon to aspire to resemble - if only!!!!

• That's me Fi, just behind the shoulder of the guy on the right, yep, all the way in the background

http://www.mediabistro.com/agencyspy/original/speedos.jpg

Just remember though, not everyone looks good in 'em

http://normalpeoplenews.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/speedo-2.jpg

• FizziofinnFizziofinn ✭✭✭
    Mr acceptable looks like he has a potato down the front of his , and he is wondering  if it is going to fall out.
  • Blimey a bit of chatter againimage  TD - speedos are banned from our house - Ms NGUG really hates them and hid Mr NGUGs last year forced him to buy something less revealing... you certainly look fetching in yours thoughimage

Welcome back Lorry Dodger and Sluggimage

Bookmarks are the only way to keep track of this page makes life so much easier.

Hopefully last physio for me on Wednesday hoping to wave Scary Helga goodbye.. bit in limbo at the moment as to what to do running wise.  Hip slight grumble yesterday morning just reminding me it was still there but fine now.  Cross training and ju jitsu until Thursday.  Last session with Mick (pt) on Thursday for 2 weeksimage then we get back he is there for a day and he goes away for two weeks how will I survive?? Be slightly richer admittedly...

• Putting a potato down your speedos is fine.

As long as you remember to put it down the front.

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Hurt my achilles good and proper last night, also been getting cramps at night in my calves, I think it's the drink, i really do.  I may try a few days of abstention image

Has anyone heard from Jon B lately, after the baby?

• stop posting the pictures of me in the white speedo!!! Finn welcome to 2010( ATM i got here here!)

Finn- My 20's had been ok but my last 22 was a woeful experience with cramps, nausea and pissed off with running vibe, was dreading paris after it. now in hindsight and with the help of my runners world programme and my garmin( lots of plugs there!!) i realise i trained nearly all my runs way too fast, i raced not trained and my the time my last 22 and paris came around my legs were too exhausted! make sense??now my slow and easy runs are slow and easy!!and i feel better for it and my race times this summer are way better!

Speeed work for me tonight, 4 x 1/2 mile with 200 mtrs recovery in between , fast bits at 7:50 pace( fast for me anyway!!) with mile warm up and mile cooldown!

• TD/JMurphy:  So you were the pair of hunks in Port Gtimaud sporting speedos and medallions surrounded by beautiful people last week!!!!  IF only I'd known, I would have said helloimage.

NGUG:  Number one son was higly embarrased by 2 things on holiday this year firstly the thought of his mother sunbathing topless (which I hasten to add I didn't far too told for that now) and secondly trhe visionb of his father in speedos - I thought he was rather handsome but neither Ed nor Ellie did!!!!  Consequently he was banned from setting outside the villa in them, and they somehow end3ed up on the bar-be-que!!!

• Rob - nearly died choking thanks to you.  'Down the front' indeed. You notice how most of the guys willing to be photographed in their Speedos HAVEN'T just been swimming in cold water? That's my excuse for looking like I've dropped a runner bean down the front of mine

• very very very very very very wet speed session! nearly had to swim at 7:50 pace with the water meeting me when i was going up the drag!!!!
  • John - my intervals tonight were right after a rainstorm, then the sun came out.  The humidity was ugly.  As if the reps weren't bad enough on their own.  My backside was still throbbing after last night's session (cross training if you please).

By the way, how rude of me.  Happy Belgian Independence Day, everybody. image

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Are you celebrating with some of the brown stuff trickster?

Had a blinding speed session today 6*1/2 mile reps. That got my tatties moving  image

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Is that really you Tricky, or the Aussie cricket team swimming home after defeat at the cricket?
  • Yes, had A beer last night. Don't most cricketers look more like the bloke in the "Unacceptable" photo.  I'm thinking somewhere between Shane Warne and Dennis Lillee.
  • being irish im not supposed to like cricket but played for the university of limerick and have been a fan since!! i love the whole stopping for tea and lunch thing!!!!my kinda sport!

Resting heartrate of 50 this morning when i woke up so very happy and 7 miles easy later.

• Physio for me this evening.  Cross training at lunch time just for a change... patience is a virtue..

Ju jitsu good session last night although Mr NGUG has managed to kick my arm v.nicely for me - can hardly move it this morning so nice bruise there I should imagine bone on bone kick.  Some interesting stomach throws learnt last night - cant do them on women apparently - what a shameimage they look as if you could wind/hurt someone quite easily if they didnt breakfall properly. 

Fi - hehe.  Had the same with mine re topless sunbathing would be hideously embarrassing particularly for Master NGUG.. speedo scenario sounds almost identical to ours hehe.  Great that we can embarrass our kids!!

TD - dont think Mr Flintoff looks like Mr Unacceptable..

• Saw this and laughed...

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/000000/60000/0000/900/60931/60931.strip.gif