Options

adidas Women's 5K Challenge

2»

Comments

• Options

Ah right!

I'm stressing a little about the starting line and being in the right zone. With so many people running is it hard to get through the crowds to start where you want to?

• Options

Thanks Mrs Womble image exactly what I meant.

Lottylou, I think if you get there early (allowing for plenty of wee wee visits before you are ready to get to the start - that's how it works for me anyway image ) I think you'll get in the right zone. Further to the front you are, I think the more crowded it would be, going by other races.

• Options

Back from my 12m training run for RTTB and Royal Parks Halves. Knees and back a bit wobbly (not my usual bits that wobble either!) - Looking forward to tomorrow, should be a nice run, and still hoping to PB image.

Good Luck Everyone !

• Options

This is only my second official competitive race so really looking forward to it. Got a couple of 10ks coming up- would really like to do a 1/2 marathon but all in the London area seem to be full up.

Looking forward to the group warm-up session tomorrow as well, should be fun!

• Options

Good luck everyone.

tomorrow will definitely be a run/walk for me as doing 7.5 miles this afternoon image

• Options

good luck everyone.

Did anyone not receive their pack with their number? I phoned on tuesday and they promised to send it to me again but it didn't arrive  so I can't run image

They didn't sound too organised (e.g. the phone line is not open today, despite it being the day before the race) so I wondered if I was unique. 

On the plus side I won't be embarassed about my slow speed as I am also doing a long run today. 

• Options

Don't worry Naranjita you can still race. The same thing happened to my friend, when she phoned up they said they would resend the pack but if it didn't arrive she could pick it up on the day. She still hasn't received it.

And don't worry about running a slow time, I did this one last year and a lot of people walk it.

Good luck everyone image

• Options
    Good luck everyone.

I have forgotten - do you get a t shirt when you finish the race?
  • Options

It says in the programmey you get a tshirt and a medal in the goody bag image

good luck everyone, fingers crossed for good weather!

• Options
    Wicked,not read the programme yet!

Hope its good weather too image
  • Options

Hope it's not hot though image

Brentwood Half is a really nice half as in it is undulating, it's in March, but the locals through the villages are so supportive. Did it this year, considering next year. Depends where you are Lottylou.

Am on Heat Pack for lower back and freeze spray for knees after today's 12m run image Really hoping to go for it tomorrow, not having done a 5k race for years, and want to race it. which may be ambitious.

I'm in a Benfleet Running Club white/red vest if anyone wants to say hi.

Good luck everyone!

• Options
    Have a good run Tracy,weather looks ok,just off to catch the train.
  • Options

HI all

Just got back home, fab event wasnt it! I really enjoyed it and will definately do it again next year. I'm very proudly wearing my medal!

I was really spurred on by all the support so managed my best 5k time of 38.20. I certainly did fewer walk breaks  so I guess this was what got me round faster. Still as slow as the proverbial tortoise! I can now aim to run the whole way next year!

Hope everyone else had a great time too!

• Options

What a nice race- well done everyone! Loved how it started out on the road.

Struck down by awful stitch at about 3.5km so had to run through the painimage. Slowed me down a bit which was disappointing but still managed 26.19.

Great medal as well!  

• Options
    Great race, really enjoyed it & nice goody bag too!  My first 5K so a PB 33mins, v.happy!  Def do it again next year
  • Options

Well done everyone!

didn't manage anywhere near a PB was running with my semi-running friend and it was her first race, but she ran all the way so very proud of her! image

• Options
    Does anyone know if there will be any official photos? Can't find any mention of them due to be on the website
  • Options
    think it's marathon fotos like most of them. usually takes a couple fo days for them to load the photos tho.
  • Options
    Great event!

PB - 33.25 hope to do it again next year,well done everyone x
  • Options
    Loved this race for the last two years - and this year too except started way too fast and felt dreadful by half way through.  Almost stopped but just about staggered the rest of the way.  A lesson learnt for me - just go at a manageable pace and enjoy!  I'm still feeling pretty horrid.  I'm walking next year!
  • Options

Went for a PB, long queues for the Ladies image didn't manage to get to start in time for 25-30 wave. Got in 30-35 where majority seemed to be either walking, or jogging at 40-45 pace, or I just moany image

Did think the stuff in the park was great, the warm up and waters and changing tents, however the start was soooo slow that first mile was 11mins, caught up a bit by 2nd mile, kerb hopping, running between people...teach me not to queue for a wee and run back to the station (where I went originally!) in future should I need to.

Not a race for a PB due to hecticness of ladies chatting and walking.. unlikely to do it again. Did however get a PB at 31.25 (wanted to PB sub-30), but total distance 3.19m (opposed to 3.1m=5k) possibly due to kerb hopping, criss-crossing and taking widest part at bends as they weren't busy.

Well done everyone image

VS... how did you do?

• Options
    I so agree with you Tracy,I was in the 30 - 35 zone but so many people were walking,if they are going to do that why did they start there,and if they want to walk go to the side.
    So annoying.

My garmin said 3.15 so yes its all the kerb hopping!

Still a good day nice medal and nice t shirt too,worst bit was trying to find my daft husband afterwards,spent 10 minutes on the phone to him!
  • Options

My friend managed to run all the way round so I stayed with her and we finished in 37.28. My mum ran the first 2k and then started run/walking but she only finished 6 mins behind us. I was quite surprised that my legs felt okay after long run on Saturday, in fact I was itching to run faster but wanted to support friend. I did manage a great sprint finish though image

Well done on your PB TraceyB & struthie5, it's definitely not a fast race due to walkers starting in the wrong zones, but I think it's really good fun and great for getting people into running

• Options
    Yes I agree - its a great race and, having slept on the mistakes of running too fast at the beginning (and having run a quick 5K this morning to prove to myself that I can do the distance without feeling horrid), I feel much more positive.  I do, however think that I ought to try to enjoy these races more and not go for PB's.  I shall be back next year for sure!  But for now on to the GNR in two weeks.  Anyone else doing that?
  • Options
    lottylou - we're not official photographers but  have just finished uploading the last of a few thousand free photos from the race at http://42run.com, hope you'll find yourself there image
  • Options

Thanks 42run! You did the Nuns Run too image off to look....

Found me! Not very smiley image but deep in concentration (bib 4665)

http://www.42run.com/?races=adidas5k09&bib=4665

• Options

You're welcome TracyB, and yes, we did Nun Run as well as 33 other races image

The photos on 42run.com aren't all taken by me - anyone can have their pics on 42run, if you have any from the race feel free to add them to our flickr group as well.

• Options
    Still no photos on marathon photos website,and its not listed,that is the right website isn't it?
  • Options

None for me Struthie.... this is the site I believe, as the run is listed:

http://www.marathonfoto.com/start_race_select.cfm?BFI=ehey56hiih

• Options
    Ah thanks Tracy - I have been looking at the wrong site.