Comments

• Options
    reminds me

Fatima Whitbread goes to the docs

FW - "I'm worried about all this hair on my chest"
    Doc - "How far does it go?"
    FW - "all the way to my bollocks"

• Options

I think with Kratochvilova,Flo Jo and numerous Eastern European throwers of the '70's and '80's (who still dominate all the top places in the World Record lists)their definite male characteristics were probably the result of steroids/testostrerone etc.In those days drug taking in elite athletics was rife and there was no serious testing done.

The difference with Semenya and probably Mutola is that their male characteristics appear to be natural,in the sense that they were born that way.

Either way,it gives them a definite advantage over more "normal"female athletes and Semenya may go on to decimate every women's record in the book between 400 and 3000 metres over the next few years.

• Options
    These female athletes do have amazing bodies. They are all different and some do look much more feminine than others. I think you can build muscle up and retain femininity if you want to.... Some people like to be feminine and others don't. Each to their own!
  • Options

Sometimes there are arbitary rules about what constitutes 'natural', eg in cycling there is a maximum permitted level of haemotocrit (amount of red blood cells) and anything over this level is deemed to be cheating. I had a friend who was a national champion at indoor rowing and his haemotocrit level was over the limit so if he'd entered a cycling event he could have been thrown out. But his was just a natural amount (as far as I know!). Imagine if they had a similar rule about womens' testosterone?

There is also an arbitrary rule about how fast you can leave the blocks in a sprint race. If you do it in under 0.1 secs you cheated.

• Options
    Zanzinger, I agree, that is quite some six pack and upper body she has on her! But I do hope she's 100% woman and proves all her doubters wrong.
  • Options
    If you look at her body, despite all the muscle she does have the physique of a man - just look at her midriff, she has no waist and very narrow hips, like a man. Some women are built like this, but not many.

Nam, what you were saying about stereotypes... none of these athletes look like Barbie! Some look more feminine than others, which is a reflection of women in general. They ALL have very muscley bodies - some more than others.
  • Options

Some women do bulk up easily.  I do. 

When I was 18 - 20 I used to go to the gym a lot and work out with weights and without even trying I got very ripped.  At the time I had polycystic ovaries which messes up your hormones.  If I had been working out like an athlete I may too have looked like that.   But I can assure you I am all laydee (and a lot smaller now I have put down the weights and sorted out the ovaries)

Also, muscles do look more defined on black skin.

Edit - Aitch, look at the sprinters though, they have no waist and very small hips.

• Options
    I do feel very sorry for her, as a young woman having your gender questioned must be very difficult.
  • Options
    SS - when you say 'sorted out the ovaries' - what do you mean?
  • Options

Got rid of them, but I am still a laydee, I am, promise

oops the 5o'clock shadow is showing image

• Options
    When my hair was short a small child once innocently asked me, "Are you a boy or a girl?" image 
  • Options
    Aitch! wrote (see)
    I do feel very sorry for her, as a young woman having your gender questioned must be very difficult.
    Indeed.
  • Options
    But at least she has gold, not too bad!!!image
  • Options
    It would have been nice for her to have celebrated properly though and to have everyone congratulate her.  Apparently she was whisked away by officials shortly after winning it
  • Options

I know, you can't help it when someone says someone may be a man.  Bit like Lady Gaga.

Go Jenny!!!! Well done!!!!!

• Options
    LOL funny I was just thinking of you and that thread when someone posted enthusiastically about that 'really fast guy' at Plymouth Half and it was you. image

Mistaken for a tom cat... image *tsk*
  • Options
    Lady Gaga may be a man?
  • Options
    I've never been mistaken for a boy before, but I've been mistaken for a young girl - from the back of course - and got shouted at by one of the teachers I employed to 'hurry up and get on the bus'.
    Of course, when I turned round and he saw my wizened face....
  • Options

Lady Gaga may have a winkie

http://www.celebritysmackblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lady-gaga-hermaphrodite.jpg

• Options

show us yer pussy then image

• Options
    some bloke felt my arse in a club once cos he thought i was a girl, he seemed upset when i turned round and  was very friendly towards him
  • Options

As a child I had short cropped hair, by brother had lovely blonde curls. Stood outside the bank, minding hiom in the pushchair and some old fogey who probably couldn't see her hand in front of her face comes along and says, "There's a good boy, looking after your sister". image

Most certainly not mistaken for a boy now - I've got a pony tail down to my bum and curves in all the right places - OK they're a bit too convex in places, but they're curves!

Still, must be a dreadful experience for her and surely something that should have been dealt with in a little more privacy and earlier.

• Options
    When I cut my hair off, my ex lesbian secretary (not my personal ex; not ex-lesbian... she still is, but no longer my secretary) said something along the lines of "another inch or so and you'll be batting for my side of the team soon"... image