I have a sprare place.

Just got an injury ... so annoying!

I dont think they will let me run next year instead will they?,,,

If anyone is looking for a place email me ..        turtlesoup@live.co.uk

Nicky..

• Options

Note from Facebook RTTB fan page:

[b]Run To The Beat[/b]

‘The official stance from the organisers is that we do not allow changes of competitor, this is as the terms and conditions on entry state and also for medical reasons – we need to know exactly who is racing with that race number. We will not be checking ID on the day so if a different person is racing under your number it is very important that they fill out all the details (especially medical conditions and medical reasons – we need to know exactly who is racing with that race number. We will not be checking ID on the day so if a different person is racing under your number it is very important that they fill out all the details (especially medical conditions and mobile number) found on the back of the race number.’
  • Options

good luck everyone, hope you have your race kit ready, your gels, drinks and your trainers.

Richard, so sorry to hear about your sister, I do hope she makes a full recovery.

• Options

I'll be there in Pen 3. Sure I said 2:15 so it seems to be a bit random. Ran myself to a standstill on my last long training run a fortnight ago for 2:11.

Good luck everyone.

• Options

Good luck for Sunday everyone especially the first timers this is when the bug really bites.

• Options

I got to the end last year in state of almost collaps and the dreaded dry-heaving. I said 'I'm not made for running, I could never do it again, couldn't get any further'.

A year later, two half maras in two weeks, plus Brighton Marathon next April image

Good Luck All image

• Options
    Long weekend starts now, will have a nice run at home in the morning then rest up till Sunday
  • Options
    Tracy - it will not stop at one marathon image There are some lovely marathons out there image
  • Options

my first half marathon, fingers crossed!

i'll be in pen 4, cant remember what expected time i put when i signed up but i hope to break 2 hours

good luck everybody!

• Options

I  Still have a spare place.

Just got an injury ... so annoying!

I dont think they will let me run next year instead will they?,,,

If anyone is looking for a place email me ..        turtlesoup@live.co.uk

Nicky..

• Options

TraceyG, am being led into this... can't believe how many people (you!) do... I think if I can break a 5hr Marathon I may be encouraged to do more image I can understand if it only takes 2.-3 hrs, but I think 5's gonna drag image

Nicky, I know last year they let people defer to next year. Might be worth dropping them a line, but need to do it quickly. Also there's a Facebook Group and people are looking for places on there.

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭
    TracyB - Good luck, have a ball image
  • Options
    Nicky, I'd love to take over your place so if it is still available can you PM me?
  • Options

Good luck everyone have a great race on sunday image. No rain by the looks of it !!  

From what I've read about the postal strike aftermath, my race pack is probably languishing in a warehouse in either Peterborough or Dartford image. Hey ho , off to the O2 for me tomorrow then. 

I'm in pen (oink oink - sorry not a very llamaly noise) 3. Not sure I'm going to get hoped-for sub- 2 this time out ..... legs are quite tired from a couple of 10ks (thank you LondonPride & CanveyRotary for PBs !) and a duathlon. Big aim for this autumn's training is the St Neots HM in november (will be 13th HM) , then on to Brighton M next year image via Benfleet mud, Sussex Beacon and no doubt a few other outings.

• Options
    Ah the Benfleet 16 mile mud race, nothing like it for burning off the christmas excess!
  • Options
    And there's something in that mud FF ....... it never really washed out of the top I wore this year ......
  • Options

Mr K! What the hell you doing here? Are you doing RTTB? How are you?

LL - Brighton Mara too. Marshalling at Benfleet 15 ! and not running the Marshall's run the day before image

• Options

God reading all this has terrified me. It's my first half as I've only been running a year and I'm hoping to get around in three hours. Please tell me I won't be running alone behind the St John's Ambulance?!

• Options
    i'm totally petrified too, i was hoping for 2.15-2.30 but now i'm not too sure as it's my first too and i feel very shaky, don't worry good enough we will be running together behind the st. john's ambulance!image
  • Options

Tracy - I have washed my Dagenham 88 vest, so I might wear it.

• Options
    Andreia - you will be fine. Just try not to get carried away at the beginning and run too fast.
  • Options

Ally..

email me.. 

turtlesoup@live.co.uk

Nicky..

• Options

GoodEnough & Andreia ........

It's a big event so there will be a really wide range of finishing times. Have a look at last year's results ......

http://www.raceahead.co.uk/results_details_new.php?event_id=RTTB08&show_type=All&old_race_id=182&refresh=60&month=&year=&criteria_change=1&competitor_individual=&race=182&show_type=Individuals 

You really won't be running on your own. 

• Options
    Great I'll keep an eye out, being the only person on here so far in pen 6, I suspect that I'll be some way behind you anyway!
  • Options
    thanks traceyG, i don't usually go very fast at the beginning, i usually see all the runners go past me while i feel like i'm been left behind at my normal pace, half way through i usually speed up and then just before finishing i slow down again, on my last training i nearly hit the wall at 10 miles, had to fight myself to finish the run! i have all my powerbar sweets, drinks, and ice gels for afterwards, i just need to finish this race, dont really care what time, as whatever it is it will be a pb as its my first and surely i can only get betetr after this ( I hope) also as i'm doing it for charity the guys at work will only pay out if i finish so no pressureimage
  • Options

Oh LondonLlama - you have made me feel lots better, thanks so much!

Andreia - we're in the same boat as whatever time I get will be my pb too!

I'm now looking forward to it again - thanks peeps.

• Options

TraceyG, look out for gmike and I'll be there image but will look out for you too.

LL image Last year's results...  I'm not on there.Am sure I was there.. maybe dreamt the dry-heaving at 2:28 image (proof was in the video endings of several people's finishes as I couldn't get moving at any pace on completion).

Andreia, Facebook group shows more than enough people with nerves and worries image Was my first half last year, fiasco with bad rain (rather rain than the heat like this though), transport problems (sorted for this year though), it's a great atmosphere.... so many people all running the same race... everyone's varied in pace and speed. Your 'wall' may be at 10miles.. the race will carry you on. If I remember right the last 3 are flat.. just long image

Good Enough - others in Pen 6 on Fbook. With 14,000 people estimated.. you won't be alone image

Remember, the less people around you, the nearer the back, you get better photos, and more support at the end. Take it from one that knows image

• Options
    I have a really bad cold at the moment. If still feeling like this tomorrow I will not be there. Going to see how I feel this evening before I decided.
  • Options

TraceyG  - fingers crossed you feel better by the morning

TraceyB - Agree it's a tad warm. I'm hoping for perhaps a bit of cloud until just before the end. Then it can go and we can cross the finishing line in glorious sunshine.

Postie came up trumps with my race pack after all so haven't had to trog over to the O2 today image

• Options

Hope you feel better in the morning TB..

see you all there  image