Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Flippin globetrotters! aaagh i love you guys though image

• Run streak continues, day 24 managing about 5 miles a day in the cooler temps. Problem will be tomorrow, got a function to attend tonight, work first thing in the morning and then jump on a plane to heathrow! Don't know when I'll be able to fit any running in.

hope everyone's injuries get sorted soon and you come back stronger!

• Btw when I say cooler temps I mean when it drops below 40! Either early morning or in the evening.

• Streak is over, just wasn't going to be able to do it today! 

• WR  in those temps its a bloody miracle doing consecutive days!

• Cheers Phil, enjoyed some running back home but did more cycling. Heading back to the sand pit tonight!

Hope you are now injury free!

Where's everyone else?

• I'm here WR but not been on for ages.

Currently training for Frankfurt and about to start training session 42 this afternoon. Did 10 miles in a boiling Cardiff yesterday and stopped twice. Not because of the heat but because I was listening to an incredible story of injustice regarding Brian Banks (linebacker for the Atlanta Falcons) google his story - its a very compelling read and his interviews just leave you shaking your head in disbelief. I had to stop twice while running to take it in.

Anyway, start a new job next week with Albion Water. Current company were bought out last year and I'm still to be convinced that the new owners have an appetite for water so I decided to move.

Exciting times!

Over n out

• Not been on in ages...not really felt like posting as I've been in serious sloth mode image Need to get my butt in gear as Nessie is calling and the training plan is already on it's 3rd incarnation.  Yesterday was a 3mile easy and I can't remember the last time I've clock watched on a 3mile run...in my defence it was REALLY hot...ok not quite WR hot but still hot...the sweat was pouring off me.

Mr CS is currently out with injury...he was complaining of a pain in his achilles/calf before the Humber HM and after I'd had to wait for him at the top of the 1st serious climb (that NEVER happens) I told him that was it I was ringing the physio.  She has diagnosed a haematoma...apparently at some point he has had a minor tear at the bottom of his calf and with all the running we were doing he hadn't noticed...then we took a week off...no running at all...which gave his leg time to try and heal over the repeated minor tears. 

Good luck with the new job Dave...image

Hope the achilles sorts itself out pretty darn quick GE.

Have fun with the streaking Phil, although be kind to that knee...you don't want to end up on the injury bench as well. 

• Dave read the story, poor guy I hope he gets his break. And good luck with the new job.

caz c'mon get off your butt and out that door, you know you want to. 

still running in silly temps but having to do longer stuff in the gym. Off to edinburgh in 3 weeks and hope to run Arthur's seat. Haven't been there since the 2010 marathon.

Enjoy your heat wave while it lasts!

• Anyone watch the athletics from Monaco tonight. Blanka Vlasic relegated to 3rd but I have no idea how she went on in the high jump!

• Wouldn't have minded watching her but Jessica just gets hotter! Dave knows what I mean.

Off to edinburgh this weekend, looking forward to outdoor running, did 18k on the treadmill the other day and that was so hard due to the boredom factor!

Hope everyone is healthy and running well.

• Hope you enjoyed Edinburgh WR.

Thought it was time to bring the old thread back to the front page for a bit if only to say I'm not running the mara in Loch Ness. Achilles still nowhere near right and not managed more than a couple of 5-mile runs a week

As some of you know I have history for entering Scottish marathons and not running them although to be fair I have managed to run the last 3 I've entered.

Have non-cancellable hotel so will still head up to Inverness and have entered the 10K instead. Nice relaxing weekend and more pub time image

Hope to catch up with Caz and Mr CS sometime over the weekend.

Hope everyone else's running is going well.

• Hi GE, sorry to hear about the marathon plans, hope that Achilles sorts itself out soon.

I thought this thread had died! Had a great time in Edinburgh and did loads of walking but no running. 

Have done some running but not as much as I would have liked but trying to get back into it.

Hope everyone else is fit and healthy.

Cheers

• First run outside this evening, 4.3 miles around Dubai marina. Been sticking to the treadmill for the last month but temps are now only mid 30s so back outside. No running in silly temps for me this year!

Hope everyone is well and fit. Has Snowdonia happened and when is Loch Ness? Don't think I'll do the Dubai marathon in January but will do the half in Ras al Khaimah.

Cheers, if anyone is still here!!!

• Hi WR - still looking in from time to time but it's a little lonely

• Hi Dave looks like no one else is here!

• hello, hello, hello, hello

yep, there's even an echo, even an echo, even an echo

• Okay Dave definitely time to retire the thread!

• I think so - so long old friendimage

• So long WR. Catch up with you sometime.

• Cheers chaps happy running!

• Anyone looking for a cheap place in the 2014 Edinburgh Marathon?!  

Looking to swap or sell my place as decided 1/2 marathon is enough for me!

Email if interested!  richard

• HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

• Ahh, the thread that won't die. Merry Christmas to you, Dave, and to all our readers..... image 

• Merry Xmas to you guys, hope its not too cold back in the UK!

the thread had a two month hiatus! How's the running going?

• Merry Christmas WR. Not much like it in your part of the world I suppose. Bit chilly here this morning and ice on all the pavements.

Running has been good since end of September when I had to pull out of Loch Ness mara due long standing achilles problem. But did go up for the weekend and ran the 10k and met up with Caz and Mr CS who did the mara.

6 weeks into 18 week schedule for Barcelona in March. 18 planned for tomorrow and then an easy week (running wise!) with too much food and alcohol no doubt.

• Hi GE

Lovely running here at the minute, temps high teens to low twenties! Had Xmas off but we spent it here, glad we did listening to the weather reports at home!

No plans for a full marathon at the minute but Barcelona should be good, hope the training goes well and the Achilles behaves.

Happy New Year GE and Dave And anyone else that still looks in!

• WR, would quite like some Winter sunshine. Not that it's cold here, just wet and very windy. Having said that, the Midlands has had an easy ride compared to lots of the country. Did actually run on Christmas Day, something I've never done before, only 3 miles, mind. 

The easy week ended with 12 on Saturday and the mileage starts to ramp up now. Easy 7 today but the first 20 comes this Saturday. My garmin is on the verge of expiring so have had to order a new one. Having Christmas and birthday so close together sometimes comes in handy and the Amazon vouchers from family and work colleagues have been put to good use.

Happy New Year WR. You never know we may catch up with each other somewhere in 2014!

• Kathy HKathy H ✭✭✭

Isn't it time for a new thread for 2014? This is 4 years old. image

I am a newcomer to Edinburgh, but this will be my second marathon. I am hoping for a PB, maybe 4.40 time mark.

I am trying to get fit, ready for my 16 week training starting in February. So a lot to do!