Strictly line-up

Comments

• Its LN's fault - she voted 4 times! image
  • Is LN really JB in disguise?! !
  • Till Christmas speshul I will say goodnight all

x

• BB ✭✭✭

She was the best dancer and they make a cute couple image , I am really pleased and hope they live happily ever after, but the I am a soppy romantic....image

• Heh heh, SD! image

He's Russian - I'm sure they're supposed to be over emotional. I wouldn't have minded if Matt had won as I think they were equal over the 4 dances tonight. I definitely preferred his showdance. But over the whole series Kara was the best dancer and some of her dances were my favourites from all the series of SCD.

YAY for Team Kartem! image

• Oh and I agree B, hope they work out as a couple and have cute babies together!

Who's JB Meldy?

• Fan Bloody Tastic - Well done Team Kartem image

Finally a 10 from Craig, Len looks like he was chewing wasps all through the 2nd half, probably because granny was booted.

Excellent show, have really enjoyed it.

Same time next year image
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Doing this on my iPhone sat in Starbucks (so can't see text of your posts above. Have watched first show - on that basis Pamela deserves to win!! Matt & Aliona, what a crap dance image. Kara only marginally better! Pamela's a bit too Dirty Dancing copycat but still the best.

How this message will read in context of the above posts I don't know! image
  • M...eldy wrote (see)
    In comparison to Matt she has the personality of a slug (no offence to the resident) but she is a damn fine dancer
    None taken on this occasion as I agree with you!
  • Morning !

Have just watched both shows on Iplayer.

I guess the best dancer won.....but tbh I'm left feeling a bit sad for Pamela. She really should have gone through to the second show, based on the first 2 dances.

Oh well, at least The Plank didn't win image

• Yes, I feel sorry for Pam after the show dances, but I guess that playing to her strengths was seen as playing it safe.  Personally I prefered to see her dancing to the other's acrobatics.

But the best dancer won.

• BB ✭✭✭
    I think both Matt and Kara's show dances were too acrobatic and not enough dancing, which was a shame as they are both brilliant dancers - but that's really down to their partners' choreography. I agree the best dancer wonimage
  • Sorry you're disappointed TopSec image Hopefully all the comments will cheer you up a bit

The dancing in the second show was much better image

A few points I forgot to mention yesterday:

• I don't think having a new dance in the final works, they should just stick to 3 next year
    • They should start doing 2 dances earlier on or drop some dances so all the couples in the final have done all the same dances already
    • Matt was very gracious in defeat
    • It would have been nice to have Claudia there
  • BB ✭✭✭
    Yes L Nemo, it would have been nice to have Claudia there and much better without Bruce too! Maybe next year Claudia and Tess can do all ther shows? I really hope so...though last time Bruce was away they got Ronnie Corbet in...eek!
  • Well!

Did watch last night but with Mummy Podds in temporary residence couldn't be on here at the same time

Bit flat really

Disappointing that the person who danced best in the first half of the final went out

Disappointing show dances from Matt and Kara - and Kara once again way overmarked - she finished the dance 10 seconds after the music for dog's sake - anyone else would have been crucified for that!

And really can't see why the judges are permanently underwhelmed by Matt e.g. his Paso........but then I know nothing about dance !!

• I too know little or nothing about dancing Podds

and I have to agree that the best dancer did win, but in my ignorant opinion, I would have liked to see Matt with the glitter ball. He has the dance AND the personality.

I agree with you about Kara being over marked, but the judges marks were just for show, not to influence the public

weren't they?

• My my, looks like a few people have been sucking on lemons, get over it granny should've gone weeks ago and without her marking being way too generous and had it been left to the public vote I think she may have gone before Ann Widdicombe.

Now then, all be gracious in defeat and congrats to Team Kartem image
  • TopSecTopSec ✭✭✭
    Running In, it's a pity you haven't been a bit more gracious in your comments about Pamela on this thread ... If you want to spit vitriol about perhaps this thread isn't the best place.

I was sorry that Pamela went first, but to be honest I didn't want any of them to go! Unfortunately her going first will not have 'taught' the pro's that we really prefer a dance based showdance (remember Jill Halfpennys?).

Loved all 4 final dances but by then I think people had made their decisions.

Correct result but I still would have liked Matt to win, I don't think he will be too disappointed though.

I really hope Kara continues dancing, she is a fabulous dancer.

Did Artem give her a big smacker on the lips?? image I wonder if they have been out on their date yet??

Shall miss it now. I watched it over the internet so will save the pleasure of watching it again on a nice big HD screen when we get home (if we get home??) Not watched Dancing on Ice before but may give it a whirl this year.

See you next series folks image
  • I think Kara and Artem won in spite of their showdance as it was a bit car crash. She tore the ligaments in her lower arm doing the backflip according to news sources so they were lucky she made it through the rest of the show.

Don't know why the pros get it so wrong with these dances, is it because there are no rules so they panic and try to do too much? I wonder if the producers saw how bad they were likely to be and that's why they did them second. It would have been bad to have these as the last dances we saw.

There was a snog at the end, TopSec. Bless image

Remember it's not over until John from Wales has mused image

• Just back home.  We watched it with Pink's parents yesterday (with her Dad moaning about being made to watch it image)

I had to laugh at Pamela's VT before the show dance.  James said he'd push her to the limit... what complete and utter b*ll*cks.  He nicked most of the choreography from Dirty Dancing and although the dance was lovely it was not at all challening for Pamela.  We expect something a bit special for the show dance and it wasn't.

Even though Matt was top of his game last night I think the result was exactly right.  You could see Kara's arm wasn't right for the second show but she still managed to dance beautifully.  She was consistently the best dancer.

Bring on the Christmas special image

• Having a look at the BBC site reveals that Kara damaged those ligaments during training and not on the night.

+1 on the Christmas Special, clips suggest it will be very entertaining.
  • Karen Hardy was spot on when she said on ITT that the show dance stands or falls on the professional dancer's choreography. For me, I think Matt's dance was far too much gymnastics and not nearly enough dancing.

The best dancer won on the night.

What ARE we going to do now it's all over?

• No idea. i loved it all. Felt sorry for Pammie though. how cheesed off you you be if you had learned 3 dances and only got to do 1!!!!

Just watched Countryfile and Matt was country dancing with some Cheuchters. Bless - i liked him even with his rogue tooth

Kara was great though and on balance deserved to win. although Artem blubbing was a bit much

they did have a snog on national telly and more later i'd wager image
  • Morning All

Kara and Artem were on Breakfast tv today (oh the joy's of a day off image ) and I was pleased she didn't go on about her arm even though she clearly had a problem - full marks for that..........but not a lot of credit given to the competitors.......

Some good points about the show dances...........the key being that they are show dances........Kara wouldn't have injured herself had she not tried to copy an ex gymnast and both she and Matt would have benefited from more dance moves I'm sure........this might have removed the "anomaly" of Pamela being top with the judges but going out first

However as the Drumming Dragon says, most folk had made their minds up long ago (as has clearly been evidenced!!) and i wouldn't have thought many would change their minds on the basis of the final dances......

..........how long till the 2011 series starts? image

• Well I think I am broady in agreement here.

I found the final slightly disappointing,

My concern that Artem would go for too many lifts came true. Artem - she can dance !! Also wha twas she wearing !!!

Of course Aliona had already taken Matt down the same line - argggg.

Pamela's was the most dance oriented and yet it didn't really do it for me either although not sure why, Perhaps it was too much of a clone of Dirty Dancing.

However I was still surprised she went out first.

Kara winning was right I think although I have to say I thought it was her worst evening of dancing of the series and of course could be due to the arm. It was injured in training but I suspect the ligaments finally went in the show dance. So there is a reason but it did show.

So a bit underwhelmed and there have been better show dances in the past. Tom's was still my all time favourite - fantastic choreography and that year he beat the favourite Rachel Stevens, arguably shouldn't have been in the final after semi-gate and yet the moment he finished I said "He's won it with that". None of them on Satruday got close to that reaction and in fact I was left wondering after the show dance who should win. I voted Kara eventually (after the first eliminatiion) but despite my comments on Friday saying  I would make my mind up on the night, in fairness it was based on earlier performances.

There was a snog at the end. As my wife put it, Brendan is egging him on to kiss her and Artem is stupid enough to do it !

Not sure about the Christmas special. I also findthat slightly artificial.

• I rather hope that they go back to a shorter series with fewer contestants next year, I found the longer shows in the early days a bit heavy going.

I'll record the Christmas special I expect, although the excitement is missing due to having not watched people develop and improve (or not!)  throughout the series.

• Anyone going to brave Dancing On Ice? I'm not sure I can take Kerry Katona image so it may have to wait until she's been voted off.
  • I'll be too busy to watch it. (I'll make sure I am)
  • Not an avid Danciong on ice fan. I often dip in and out. Not sure about the line up this year though. I don't know a lot ofthem, mainly I think because it soudns like 805 are soap actors image