Bradford City 10

Sounds to be a hilly route and at £12/10 not particularly cheap (no t-shirt) but a good one to run if you have any intention of running the FM a year later.

This race consists of 2 of the 5 loops that will make up the FM

Comments

• Bradford is hilly   use to go there a lot

Leeds half is easier but still hilly

• Is the five miler the same price as the 10 miler?
  • Looks a tough course, up from the City Centre on to Manningham Lane, a killer hill up Emm Lane back through the park and on to Manningham Lane, detour around VP, more hills, back into town and then up to Bowling Park.  Up hill all the way to the park I beleive.  Will be a tough full Marathon to do.
  • where can you get an entry form for the 10 miler
  • You can enter online, Michael - just google Bradford 10m.
  • thanks Andy    will do
  • Ha ha ha ha ha ha I've just seen in the profile description... Flat/undulating... Yeah, right when exactly did Bradford flatten out???

Am giving this serious thought as its on my doorstep, might drive the course 1st though to see how bad the hills actually are.  Need to know if I'd get a medal, even if I'm last???  I like medals...

• The Bratfud 10k was pretty flat - out along Canal Road and back, but you're right there's not a lot more that's flat is there?
  • The Bradford 10k was fab... Only 1 minor hill & 1 steep one which was over with quickly.  But I think that's all the flatness Bradford has to offer all used up right there in the one road...   Will be doing that one again next year, training allowing.

• Oh, I've entered this and thought it was quite cheap for a tenner but I guess that's why if no tshirt.  Anyone know if there's any commemorative item at the end?! I like to add 'things' to my collection...
  • It doesn't really say what you get. Surely a T-shirt or medal or something.

How done many races since i've started running  3 years ago and if smaller running clubs can give you t-shirts for less than £10 a race I am sure Bradford City Council can....

Example being Eccleshill road Runners - Did the Thorpe Edge Festival 10 K in 2007 and 2008 and got a good quantity t-shirt for £6/£7 - Tough race but a fantastic event.

• I agree.  Did Kirklees 10k last Sunday for £7 and got a fab Ron Hill tech t-shirt.  Let's hope Bradford are taking note...
  • do you do a race for the event or for the trinkets and t shirt?the t-shirts, 2008 coventry half apart are rarely that good.i'd rather do what coventry have done this year and buy a good quality craft technical shirt i can actually use and have a moderatley priced race.
  • just entered this   and can not wait     to see a mararthon in  West Yorkshire again next year   is going to be great   I can see it been massive    may have a go at it

my other big race in 2010 will be spen 20    4th time for it

• I have just entered this too - thanks saddleworth runner, I saw you mention it in on the Yorkshireman marathon thread and thought I'd follow suit and enter... was unaware of it until then so thanks again!

I will be extremely proud to see a marathon in my home city of Bradford next year and it is honour for me to take part in this year's lead-up event... the hillier the course the better! Bring it on, I love running round Lister Park so I'm glad that's part of it..

What kind of time are you targeting saddleworth runner? I know you're good from seeing some of your achievements in the Yorkie thread image

• Seriously CJ? You love running around Lister Park? I used to live in Heaton until about 1992 and even then I was wary of going in there in daylight.
  • lol Graeme I believe it's a lot better now... I certainly have no problems
  • C J Edwin

looking for 1h15  if I can    I might try the mararthon    will be doing spen 20 in march     are you doing sheffield and Leeds halfs

• 1 hr 15... shifting! I'll be looking for something similiar... originally set a target of 1 hr 10 but with the hillier parts... who knows? it will be interesting to see who wins out of us two...

I might do the Leeds half - I think Sheffield is clashing with something else

• If i can run faster   then below 1h15     been reading about the new mararthon   I have done Blackpool 2004/5/6    and that was hard on the lower walk     this might be   hilly   but better for me
  • Ok first ever post on this forum!  (please be kind to the newbie...)

I've signed up for the Bradford 10m (in spite of being located in London!) and this'll be my first ever 10mile event.  It'll be a challenging one by the sounds of things, with some quite zesty undulations.  Kiss goodbye to those dreams of sub-60.

I have been told there is a finishers medal, so trinket hunters rejoice image

• good luck Leeps, yes the 10 mile race is an interesting distance - between the 10km and half-marathon. I have never run one either and pace-wise I'm still working out the best way to approach it... probably just going to run pretty hard for an hour and whatever distance is left just hammer it - unscientific! I hope there is a medal...
  • Just had a trot around Bowling Park this lunchtime, that's quite some hill, will be fun to hit that after the long uphill grind to get there. The good thing being that it'll pretty much all downhill after that.  So hill wise we've got Manor Row (just after the start, steeper and longer than you think), far end of Lister Park (not sure, it's been a long time), Valley Parade (very steep, fortunately not that long) and then all the way up to Bowling park, right up to the summit. (long, long, steep, slightly downhill and steep up again!). Can't wait!!
  • sounds like a lot of hills! Thanks for the insight - I don't mind long gradual inclines uphill, it is short, steep hills which throw the rhythm a bit. It's good that the course is like this to separate the men from the boys!
  • been a long time for me too bantamboy,probably 18 years but i think lister park is pretty steady from the oak lane gates to the gates at emm lane,might be steeper for a bit near the gates.any loops in t'park should be pretty steady too.north park road isn't too bad except at the emm lane end. From the top of hamm strasse to the old pub near vp is a gradual incline too but not that bad.
  • where will car parking be on the day
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    can not wait for this race   it should be a good one
  • I cannot wait either... anyone know roughly how many people will be running? the 3 races (10 mile, 5 mile "fun run" and 10 mile relay) all start from the same pen in Centenery Square at the same time.... dodgy???!! You don't want to be near the back there! Are we talking under a thousand in all the races combined or more??? I have no real idea...
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭

cj edwin

not sure     do they post numbers out to you

• Yes they do post numbers to you - haven't got mine yet - should come very soon