Nov 16th day out in Cornwall

Now I have some pirate kit I think I will take it for a spin around the scenic and slightly underlating imagewonder that is the Cornish Marathon anybody else down to do this.

I will be testing out this run/walk malarky to see if its worth using in the Outlaw IM next year anybody else coming out to play for a late end of season mara?

Comments

• Erm, I would if I could run for more than 40 minutes and lived anywhere near Cornwall...........image
  • Hoofin wrote (see)
    Erm, I would if I could run for more than 40 minutes and lived anywhere near Cornwall...........image
    image tis an ansome race an yer gets a free oggy at the finishimage mind you if its peeing down or snowin like it has been some years you need itimage
  • Hoofin wrote (see)
    Erm, I would if I could run for more than 40 minutes and lived anywhere near Cornwall...........image
    image tis an ansome race an yer gets a free oggy at the finishimage mind you if its peeing down or snowin like it has been some years you need itimage
  • I appear to have developed a stutter
  • Probably a pastie, up in the civilised world though it means hedgehog!
  • Both taste the same
  • Hoofin wrote (see)
    Oggy?

Oggy, pasty, Rats Coffin, West Country Maggot Bag good ones are ace and great after a long run or during a long bike bad ones (of which there are a lot) are just nasty, one of the best I had are the free post race nes made by the local WI at the Fowey Tri loverlyimagek

• Hoofin wrote (see)

Oggy, pasty, Rats Coffin, West Country Maggot Bag good ones are ace and great after a long run or during a long bike bad ones (of which there are a lot) are just nasty, one of the best I had are the free post race nes made by the local WI at the Fowey Tri loverlyimagek

• Is there a website for this race then? And whereabouts is it? As i have friends in Cambourne and could stay with them if its anywhere near them. Oggyimageimageimage
  • try the East Cornwall Harriers website or the Tamar Trotters Race Start/finish is at the Millenium Center in Pensilva Cambornes around 20 mile away IIRC
  • Ridgebackmax- I may be up to do this with you, will just have to see how running goes for the next few weeks or so, seems a tough one with a 5 hour time limit, can't they give a proper local Oggy away at the finish, why a bloody Gingsters?image

• It used to be an unlimited time limit but Novenber up on that course can be grim especially for marshalls who ended up 7+ hours waiting for a couple of late finishers to come in, tis a very tough course last time I ran it I was talking to some welsh lads who said it was harder than the Snowdonia so I went and done Snowdonia the Cornish is Much tougherimage especially when the sleet and winds are up! even a Ginsters pasty tastes good at the end, it used to be nice pasties but Ginsters have got involved over the last couple of yearsimage  hope you can make it TB
  • TB what time do you reckon you will do I have verred between 3:20 and 3:40 with the amount of training I am doing prob around 3:45 this year