Seaside 10K

123457»

Comments

• The wife has been telling me she saw quite a few runners who were "obviously not going very quickly", and definitely behind me on the first and second lap, saunter across the finish line a good few minutes ahead of me, still not appearing to be going very quickly...

She reckons a few people , ahem, got confused and may have accidentally "missed" their final lap....image

so there will be a few people out there with incredible PB's!

• LOL thats quality if people did do that Kicked-It!!

Me and Gold Pig were discussing this with the K markers, not long after the start there was a 3K marker (I think), Gold Pig said he looked at his watch "Hmmm 3mins, the PB is on!!" HAHAHAimage

Not that much quicker really K-I, but i'm hoping with another 6 weeks training behind me I can knock a bit off again!!

Wesham is 28th November Xan, we having a Seaside reunion then??image

The wife just helped me try the Jointace gel we got in the goody bags on my calves which are a little tight now (nice massage, nowt funny!!) I may invest in some for after future races I reckon!!image

• Kicked-It wrote (see)

She reckons a few people , ahem, got confused and may have accidentally "missed" their final lap....image

so there will be a few people out there with incredible PB's!

She must be mistaken, anyway i'm sticking with my time of 34.12 for todays raceimage

Paul...its looking like the reunion is on then.

• Today was my very first organised run, aimed for under an hour and made it in 58 mins, i was really pleased!!!  image

i aim to be one of the runners overtaking me be this time next year!  he he

does anyone know if there were any pictures taken from this event and where they can be found?  i have seen the results page.

• 689 finishers, 576 sub-hour, 64 sub-40 mins, median time 50.01KickedIt – target new PB sub 49:40 mins   actual 49.09Eric2 – target: 52 mins          actual 51.47Clarkster - target sub 40!!! Actual 41.34 ???Xan (No 27) pacing at 49 mins  actual 49.18Nutty1976 Astley & Tyldesley (No 99)- sub hour target - actual 64.44Blokie (No 100) - unknown target  actual 46.25Goldpig – target sub hour..(557) actual 56.23Paul Williams (No 419) – target sub 50  actual 48.05JPAtko – (No 551) new pb - sub 43 target –  actual 44.08 missed by 45 secslfc runner – target: sub 50 mins  actual 51.45Kerry Purvis – (No 430) first 10K  actual 62.14ClaireWilliams-target 57 actual 57.31Molka – second 10K
  • GARMIN READINGS:

Goldpig = 6.25......JPAtko = 6.22 (6.24),..... Kneejob 6.27....., Sub3Jakesey = 6.28

Commiserations to kneejob ran 40.05 with garmin reading of 6.27

Don't think anyone ran the shortest possible line today due to there being nearly 700 runners over a twisting course - especially true for faster runners who had to weave round slower runners on the final lap

I measured the course for UKA - it was accurate if you ran the shortest possible line

• i have no qualms with the accuracy of the course, no one runs a perfect racing line, i only question a course if it comes up short.I did have to weave quite a bit on the last lap and there were lots of corners in the race.Imo i think it was a crackin race and well done to Daryl and Anne and everyone else associated with organising this quality event.I just hope Daryl will now give me a discount on my next pair of trainers for the plug,LOL pigs might fly.
  • vicky graham 3 wrote (see)

Today was my very first organised run, aimed for under an hour and made it in 58 mins, i was really pleased!!!  image

i aim to be one of the runners overtaking me be this time next year!  he he

does anyone know if there were any pictures taken from this event and where they can be found?  i have seen the results page.

Vicky - looking at the results I think I was the one who just managed to catch you in the last 50 yards. Not sure where that sprint came from.

Really enjoyed the run today. My first time running any actual race. I was a bit nervous not only because it was my first race but also because of people saying about laps being boring and about the packed start.  

The start wasn't too bad though. I was actually tieing my lace when they started and was at the back but I was still over the line after 15 seconds from gun time.  It was pretty easy to move past people over the first 1km as well.  

Anyway, when I pack in smoking and lose about 2.5 st - hopefully I will be able to smash my debut 58m time.  The longest I had run in training was just over 4.5m so I was also thrilled to do it without stopping. Race adrenaline defininitely helps push you.

Looking forward to the run at Knowsley Safari Park at the end of November now.

• Im gona have a look at the Wesham 10k, so i mite c u there.

Well done again to everyone.
  • No gripes from me on the course length. Its always worth a try to blame shift when you miss a target by an agonising 5 seconds! Still nearly 2 mins up on my last 10k.image

Garmin worked fine and amazing for me I ran a dead even split, 20 05 out and 20 back. Handy things these GPS gadgets!

The fact my stomach turned itself inside out (dry thankfully!) tells me that was all I had in the tank!! I have parked my 36' PB days in the diary for good I think.

Onto the hills and mud of Hellrunner now!image

• Today was my first ever official 10k & I was well chuffed with my time of 55.45 - would have been happy with anything approaching an hour. Still had enough in the tank for a sprint finish!! Well done to the organisers - everything ran like clockwork, I'll definitely be back next year.
  • Enjoyed the race and pleased with my time of 58 mins, had just returned from Florida where i ran in the Race for the Taste 10k but the heat killed me so didn't do a good time.  The week before that I did a PB at the Liverpool 10k of 56mins.  Can't decide on whether to do Wesham or Knowsley but will definitely be having a laugh at the Santa Dash in Liverpool on December 6th.  Do you lot always meet up after races???
  • C Hughes 2 - Check out the reviews of the Weaham and Knowsley runs mate!! See you at Wesham!! LOL

As far as I know it was the 1st time any of us had met up, i'm up for it again though as we had a nice little natter before and I made sure I saw a few faces before leaving after the race!!image Everyone was friendly and I look forward to meeting people again/putting more faces to names!!image

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/davepinno/sets/72157622488756811/

LINK FOR PHOTOS OF THE RACE

On a sad note you will be sorry to hear that the mother of Darrell Soden (Natterjack Running Centre), co-organiser of the race died yesterday after a long illness.

• Eric the link isnt working mate!!image

Sorry to hear about Darrells loss.

• it was working earlier, I even saw myself in an early dash from the start! I guess it might be down while more photos are being uploaded?