HELP!

Comments

• My Saucony's have worn in the same place on my right foot (I noticed the wear after 60 miles...but on every previous pair of trainers too, Asics, Saucony, Nike, Brooks).

I can't tell how YOU run, but for me, it's pronation and twisting caused by heel valgus.  Not trying to diagnose your gait...just giving another example.

With my gait, no trainers survive intact for long.  So if this hasn't happened with other trainers for you, and is only on one side, then I'd look for reasons why your gait might have changed. Are you working on form and changed something?  Protecting a niggle?  Running more and so getting tired and sloppy form?

If the wear was on both shoes (and not seen before), I'd been inclined to "faulty", but wear only in one place on one shoe...sounds a bit unusual as a fault.

• They look damaged to me, not simply worn.  Have you scuffed them?

• look at your old shoes for the pattern of wear..........then your best option is to go back to the shop..........they deal with so many shoes that they will be able to tell if they are faulty.......a strong possibility or something else.......

are you sure you weren't atacked by a dogimage

KK does usually give good advice but gets quickly annoyed when people ignore everyones advice that doesn't agreee with the answer that they wanted when asking the question.

• I usually try to keep out of your threads D2D, unless I can add anything helpful, or something faintly amusing without being hurtful, but I feel there are two things I must say.  They are meant with good intentions, so please read them that way.

Ok, here goes.....

I have a mixed and varied skill set.  One of my life's experiences tells me, very clearly, that those shoes have been deliberately damaged.

Another (I'm a psychotherapist) tells me that you had a poor mothering experience as a child, and that you are showing a classic style of disorder because of it.

Please, please get some help.

With love,

sincerely,

Sass xx 

• XBXB ✭✭✭

KK, you're work is done here. You took on the task and didn't rest until you beasted (apparently "to beast" is a verb. Ask anyone less than half your age) it  into submission.  You will now move to the next level where the tasks get harder. Your first mission is to answer the unanswerable - how many bran flakes equal a Weetabix?

• To me those pics dont even look as they are showing the same shoe.

The left is different than the right. Look closely at the soles and the flashes.

Very clever camera work D2D, but using different shoes not so clever.

• How about a picture of the underside of the sole?, would be interesting to see how far the damage extends to the rest of the sole.
  • I do hope social services get involved in this case;

A small boy, dressed up in a leopord skin leotard, made to dance and then posted on the web?  Child abuse!

• Gazmanmeister wrote (see)

To me those pics dont even look as they are showing the same shoe.

The left is different than the right. Look closely at the soles and the flashes.

Agree. Different model shoes.
  • I had a pair of Nimbus a couple of years ago, pulled them out the box and did a 40 miler in them (with Marcusuno is you remember him). When we'd finished the run the Nimbus had similar damage on them to that shown in the photo. They lasted another 400 miles.
  • Basil Brush Mk II wrote (see)
    Gazmanmeister wrote (see)

Agree. Different model shoes.

I've got to ask...

What are the specific differences between the shoes/pictures that you using to make this statement? 

• shoes look the same to me:

take em back

• If the shoes she posted is the outside of the left and then the right agree different shoes, but if she is showing the outside of of the left for arguement sake and then the inside of the left then its possible its the same shoe.

I don't know these shoe so can't say one way or another and don't believe I've gone a bloody posted.

• I thought they were not the same yesterday, assumed it was left shoe and right shoe...then realised it was one shoe, showing right side of it and left side of it.  Which of course are different.  (Showing both shoes, "outside" edge, you'd expect to be the same...but outside and inside edge are different...at least on my trainers!)

Some apparent colour shading differences, but seems to be how the light reflects off the stripes, not a different material.  I can't see anything to justify saying so dogmatically that they are different.

Actually, I'm put off RW by some of the attitudes in this thread.  I know that D2D has ignored wise advice in the past and antagonised people.  But there are some pretty personal statements in here, some of which (IMO) would have been best made privately, or not posted at all.

• D2D - I have to say that Sass is certainly not ignorant, nasty, nor is she a bitch. She's a gentle, caring, compassionate lady, no matter what you think, and whether or not you think she should have posted what she did. Sorry, but I can't stand by and watch someone I have a lot of respect for being slated.

As for the shoos, if they are damaged, you're doing the right thing in taking them back and explain what's happened. I run in Nimbus and although my weekly mileage is relatively low (nonexistent at the moment!!), mine have always lasted for ages - and I am heavier than you. I run in men's shoos though because I have big, wide hobbit feet, so I don't know if that would make a difference.

<shrugs>

• ZZ - no matter what you think, I stand by what I said.
  • I disagree, ZZ.  D2D shows no sign whatsoever of wanting to learn.  She does, however, show classic attention seeking behaviour.
  • Gazmanmeister wrote (see)

Ok, so to me I thought you were showing a left and right shoe not 2 x shots of same.

I apologise for inferring that you had shown different shoes.

• Dunno what all the polarisation over D2D is. She's free to ask advice if she wishes, she's also free to ignore the advice if she wishes, however sage or wise it is. People are free to offer if advice, or not, as they wish. It seems to me that the people who are getting irritated by the questions are those that are having their advice ignored. It's only the internet, it's no big deal.