Options

BBB's Beautiful Bouncing Baby!

Comments

• Options
    Morning everyone.

Congratulations to Mr and Mrs BBB. Hope your hangover isn't too bad BBB after wetting the baby's head.
  • Options
    Yes I was - it was great fun although tiring, our team came in as 2nd ladies team and about 14th overall... So Alison's husband is a lager lout then...?!
  • Options
    I want a baby - but it must be delivered to me without a pregnancy and preferably the same age and temperament as Jumpet No. 2. How are his spots?

SP, it's nearly impossible to diagnose a rash without seeing it. Is your little one's skin OK otherwise? And are the white heads inside little raised bumps, like tiny volcanoes, or are they more like the whiteheads that sometimes go along with acne in older children and adults?
  • Options
    Yes
    she said they were drinking buddies :-)

is there a web site with the results Spans?
  • Options
    spans, I think I made the right decision on sat/sun. After Reading I'd pulled all the muscles around my knee (but not damaged the knee itself) in particular a little one called the popliteus. The walk on sat/sun made my IT band get tight, so my knee started to get iffy, and she said that if I'd carried on I'd have pulled all the knee surrounding muscles again. So I'm actually doing fine now (apart from muscle stiffness!!) and planning to run at the weekend.
  • Options
    moonwalk piccies are at www.evilpixie.org/moonwalk if you want a good laugh!
  • Options
    Vrap

He got about 7 more and that was that. I took him to the pharmasist yesterday and she couldn't tell either. They have totally dried up today and some have virtually disappeared, so if it was chicken pox he had it very lightly.
  • Options
    Vrap...it's not a rash. Otherwise her skin is fine. They are just like the little hard lumps I associate with black heads that can be squeezed out solid and leave a little hole behind..'cept generally they are white....
  • Options
    Results for Greenbelt Relay are: http://www.greenbeltrelay.org.uk

Fraggle, that's good news and plenty of time for you to start building up for Windsor...

off to check out photos!
  • Options
    Hi folks.

So who else is going to Windsor and participating in this Beer Tent caper?
  • Options
    Congrats BBB and Mrs BBB, hope all is ok.

And if this doesn't make you smile?

Paul returned from a doctor's visit one day and told his wife Alma that the
    doctor said he had only 24 hours to live.
    Wiping away her tears, he asked her to make love with him. Of course
    she agreed and they made passionate love.
    Six hours later, Paul went to her again, and said, "Honey, now I only have
    18 hours left to live. Maybe we could make love again?"
    Alma agrees and again they made love.
    Later, Paul is getting into bed when he realized he now had only 8 hours
    of life left. He touched Alma's shoulder and said "Honey please? just
    one more time before I die." She agreed, then afterward she rolled over
    and fell asleep. Paul, however, heard the clock ticking in his head, and
    tossed and turned until he was down to only four more hours.
    He tapped his wife on the shoulder to wake her up. " Honey, I only have
    four hours left! Could we....?
    His wife sat up abruptly, turned to him and said, "listen Paul, I have to get
    up in the morning! you don't!"

• Options
    SP
    sound like that mollucs contagioum thingy. Jumpetsnr has it behind her knee and jumpet jnr has it on his thigh. If you knock the tops off they bleed like billyo. Both mine have developed eczema around them. Jumpet Snrs come and go, they can hang around for years.
  • Options
    SM...I'm doing Windsor...what beer tent caper... :0))
  • Options
    JJ...no they're not like that. They are exactly like blackheads. They almost never turn into spots but if she was 10 years older I'd swear she was starting with acne....

Anyway gotta go...late for work...later peeps...
  • Options
    If they're NOT like little raised fleshy bumps with white centres and are more like whiteheads, SP, they're called milia (because, with the eye of faith, they look like millet grains stuck on the skin, though I've never been all that convinced) and they're harmless and best left alone - they tend to disappear and stop forming as the skin matures. Babies almost all get at least a few, and it's relatively unusual, though not unheard-of, to be still getting them at 3 years of age.

Treatment? Moisturise well, and resist the temptation to pick or squeeze them.

JJ, glad the babba's OK. Your kids are just SO gorgeous. Not that I'm surprised - I never thought you'd have any other sort.

Now I'm plotting ways of getting mine to London in relays for some culture and sightseeing and feeding of waterfowl on the Thames. I think Ivor and Angelmouse will be first. Kevin will only go on her own or with a friend, and says she can't choose just one of her four best friends from school, and I am NOT taking all of them together until they're a couple of years older and able to sort out their own squabbles.
  • Options
    Spans

Yep that was Alisons husband's team. He came second in your first leg.

They are both speedy whippets :-)
  • Options
    Vrap

Don't even think of staying in a hotel!!!

The jumpets and raptorlings will get on like a house on fire !!!
  • Options
    ahh he was one of the ones that didn't get lost then!!!
  • Options
    SP - Shambler and Tiger seem to be on the case about this and they were talking about it on Sunday. There's a thread on events which has morphed into the Beer Tent at Windsor thread with some serious organisational muscle (in the form of Snoops and the URWFRC boys!) coming in on it... sounds like a great laugh...
  • Options
    I'm just off round one of my neighbours.. they've gone on holiday today and I offered to feed their bald cat for the week...
    V-Rap - what time did you do the MW in? I'm still aching and my heels are soooo painful - got them plastered and wrapped up in socks - very attractive. Can only really walk comfortably on tip-toes!
  • Options
    Thanks, JJ. I shall definitely take you up on your offer, probably with the two smallest Raptorlings during the summer holidays. I shall work on increasing Angelmouse's food repertoire beyond white-toast-with-margarine-not-butter, chips and broccoli. It's no wonder that child is a bit on the weak and sickly side.

Looking forward to the beer tent at Windsor. Mr V-rap will be delighted to hear about it!
  • Options
    Yippee, another big forumite turnout! Post on the thread or drop Tiger an email, as they are trying to gauge support.

So will I get to see some more of you people then - it was so nice to put some names and faces together on sunday - JJ & Fraggle back on the road by then?!
  • Options
    Morning all

And congrats to the BBB family
  • Options
    Michelle, hope your feet are better soon. Helen, FR and I took about 7hrs 45 minutes to complete the Moonwalk - at least an hour of that was spent in bottlenecks and toilet queues. My feet have been OK. In fact, I haven't had so much as a whiff of a twinge of pain anywhere. Yesterday I assumed I'd feel sore today, but today I feel even better. Just wish I wasn't back at work >:x(
  • Options
    I think preparing for a marathon waas good training if you didn't race walk - I felt like I'd done a 10 miler, which when you're marathon training is fairly short. I suppose I look on those who felt like dropping out as a bit feeble unless they were injured or got blisters or whatever, but if I hadn't done marathon training then I'd probably have been hurting myself.

Spans - I hope the absence of your pic doesn't mean another "Fat Jon" one on the way!!
  • Options
    FR - no I thought that I would go for a sensible change of image... let me know what you think!!
  • Options
    I hope not either - he'll go nuts!
  • Options
    I will when it pops up - so far you're just a big yellow blob Anna!! :-)
  • Options
    Oops - that sounded rather offensive - didn't mean it that way :-)
  • Options
    I was offended as obviously I am not yellow, but I'll forgive you as it is Tuesday!