I want to cry

Comments

• desk jockey wrote (see)
    Dirty Turkey wrote (see)

DJ dark side is a p*ss take in joke around these parts for tri. image

Where I'm from it's an in-joke meaning fell running.

A fetchie burn the witch. image

Only joking, you might find hanging around some of the tri threads useful just look for something with pirate or stella involved. image

• cake wrote (see)
    A fetchie burn the witch. image

Only joking, you might find hanging around some of the tri threads useful just look for something with pirate or stella involved. image

Now I'm really confused! What's a fetchie? a Pirate? I presume by Stella you're referring to fighting ale (otherwise known as wife-beater)?

I'm going to stick to the FRA forum in future!

• Cake wrote (see)

*coughs loudly*

I beg your pardon.......

• image Sorry I've messed everything up and scared him off. image
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

Umm... I'm completely lost image

Today I have:

been into my local Up and Running and found a lovely pair of shoes that are unbelievably expensive (to me, a certified pauper) so I'm now on a hunt for them at a much nicer price image

been to the local gym and asked one of the trainers about exercises for my glutes/quads

made an appointment with the GP to ask about orthotics

eaten a chocolate brownie image image

All in all, much happier. I might see if I can snag one of the physio lecturers when I go back to uni next week and ask for some input. I think it might be frowned on, but what the hell, it's not as if they have anything to do with the assessment of my course image I guess if they agree with the last two I might have to reconsider - I don't fancy knee replacement surgey.

Until then - half marathon in 6 weeks!!!

• When I was at university, some of the medical courses needed students as "guinea pigs" image - not as bad as it sounds!  The opthalmic students needed people to conduct eye tests on etc, does anyone on the physio course need a "case study" - in which case, could they use you, so you get free treatment?

Anyhow, you've made good progress today - be careful if you are going to do your HM - take it easy and don't push too much.  Make sure you do your exercises and stretch well afterwards.  If it looks as though you're asking too much by doing the HM, leave it and defer if you can - I know it's for charity,  but there's no point in really injuring yourself as others I know have done, ignoring medical advice and continuing with running, thinking they knew better.

• Devoted2Distance wrote (see)
    I wouldn't advise running the HM until you get it sorted, you may do yourself an injury..
    I love this post image
  • Agree Coops, the delicious irony image
  • I was flicking through the dictionary this morning, and stumbled upon the word "Irony", and next to it, it had a picture of D2D.
  • A little bit ironic, dontcha think? (Alanis morissette)
  • I heard you were like a free ride, when you've already paid.  (that's what you told me when I met you in that nightclub last week)
  • How the hell can you get a free ride when you've already paid?, surely if you've already paid, then that negates any chance that the ride could ever be free?.

Bloody stupid song that is, hardly any of the things she describes are ironic, most of them are just unfortunate.

Can't remember if I thought she was hot or not when I was younger, it was either her, or Tori Amos......

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Coops10 wrote (see)
    Devoted2Distance wrote (see)
    I wouldn't advise running the HM until you get it sorted, you may do yourself an injury..
    I love this post image

I love it too image

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭
    Sarah - Very petty of you to jump in there and say that when I was only offering you advice. Run the HM if you want, but don't blame me if you screw your knees.

But it is funny image

Very petty of you to take offence. Can't even begin to fathom why you think blame would be coming in your direction... I'm a big girl and can make my own decisions, thanks all the same image

• Annnnnnddd out come the handbags, woot, took long enough FFS
  • Devoted2Distance wrote (see)

If you're a big girl and can make your own decisions, why ask an entire running community what you should do then?

Jeez. Students.

That is even funnier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Pot calling kettle!

Anyway, I think it was Ed Byrne who did that sketch on the Alanis Morrisette song, although I may be wrong.

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

If you're a big girl and can make your own decisions, why ask an entire running community what you should do then?

Jeez. Students.

Jeez, students. ??? image image

Relevance?? That doesn't even begin to make any sense. I also work in a library - any snide comments based on librarians, too??

Anyway, it was indeed Ed Byrne - you can watch it on youtube here

• BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I've never said 'I don't need advice - I can make my own decisions' though - Bookworm clearly thinks she knows it all already.

I'm off to make some money. I don't expect a student to grasp this notion.

D2D - there is a difference between having the capacity to make your own decisions and the arrogance not to take advice. I do take advice, just think I might pass up on yours. FFS. image

• D2D, I'm not rising to the bait, but you need to take a good long look at yourself.  I reckon your boyfriend and your Mummy and Daddy are the only people who could possibly like you and your spoilt attitude.

• image Oh behave and get a grip everybody has a different view on life and just because someone disagree's doesn't mean they eat baby's or supports Sheffield united. Actually Coops is involved burn them!