undercrackers

2»

Comments

• Commando when I wear my Nike shorts with the built in liner.

Commando under lycra tights when it's cold.... image

• Lycra/compression gear to reduce any flappage and chafing, then a pair of baggy shorts to shield the good people of Leeds from the sight of my knackers bouncing around in their shiny spandex hammock.
    I never get any chafing at all and wouldn't dream of doing anything else these days.

The only problem is that your 'technical' running shorts all come with a liner, which is a bit superfluous if you have the lycra layer.
  • Commando with Lycra shorts definetely, with a dollop of Vaseline for good measure to keep em slippy image

• As a first time fat boy runner, I suffered serious chafing of the inner thighs whilst training for the GNR this year ( I usually went out in baggy shorts with cotton boxers underneath). For the GNR itself, i purchased a pair of Nike Fitdri lycra shorts (I wouldn't have made it round using my regular boxers due to the pain of the chafing). Obviously tested them on a training run the week before the "big one". They were great, didn't get any chafing of the thighs at all, and they kept my essentials from swining around.  The only issue with them is - they don't leave ANYTHING to the imagination of onlookers. Now, I'm all for getting the lad out and swinging it about, but my wife made me wear a pair of regular shorts over the top of them!

Now, thigh chafing sorted..... However, I did have to apply savlon between my cheeks following the run - I wasn't aware that it was possible to chafe in the bum area, and didn't realise the extent of the damage until I had to walk from the finish back to the car....   Nasty.... very nasty  image

• Mr Timmy, welcome to the forum.

You may be unaware but as this is your first post, we require an uploaded photo of you wearing the Nike Fitdri lycra shorts. Thank you.

• Mr Timmy wrote (see)

Now, thigh chafing sorted..... However, I did have to apply savlon between my cheeks following the run - I wasn't aware that it was possible to chafe in the bum area, and didn't realise the extent of the damage until I had to walk from the finish back to the car....   Nasty.... very nasty  image

Ouch!!

Going to get myself a pair of the lycra shorts and a loose pair to sit on top.

• He he he. I really set myself up for that didn't I!!!  Sadly, the image is just "too big" to be uploaded image
  • "he only issue with them is - they don't leave ANYTHING to the imagination of onlookers"

and your point is??? people will NOT be looking at the meat and 2 veg and if they are so what - we're all the fricking same underneath so why worry about it?

I've worn lycras commando and with nothing over for years and frankly couldn't care what people see - it's my comfort that's the key issue not their opinion of my tackle
  • fat buddha wrote (see)
    "he only issue with them is - they don't leave ANYTHING to the imagination of onlookers" and your point is??? people will NOT be looking at the meat and 2 veg and if they are so what - we're all the fricking same underneath so why worry about it? I've worn lycras commando and with nothing over for years and frankly couldn't care what people see - it's my comfort that's the key issue not their opinion of my tackle

Absolutely. We laydees never look image
    *cough cough*

Seriously though, who cares? It's functional sport clothing at the end of the day.

• I'm the same as all the other blokes on here - commando with running shorts that have wicking liner in but, when I wear my 2XU compression tights, I wear tight wicking boxers without any problems at all.  I'd go commando in my tights but as they're anti-bacterial, I try not to, ahem, wash them much... imageimage
  • MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭
    There's built-in liners and there's built-in liners. My expensive Nike shorts, with the longer cut for modest gents such as myself, have a soft silken liner that is very easy on the old chap and his spherical companions. My cheapo Aldi shorts are also long enough to prevent leg chafing ... however .... the liner is comfy enough but somewhat coarser material. Which means that when I got soaked in a downpour they clung and, ahem, scraped and chafed a little. A lot, actually. I did not enjoy the shower afterwards.
  • Oooh nasty, Muttley. The liners do vary in quality, like the seams of running tights... Some have nice diamond gussets; comfy for going commando, while others have a 'jeans' seam that leave little to the imagination, and they bliddy hurt! image
    A friend of mine suffers terribly with chafing when she runs as she has large thighs. I can only sympathise as she tells me of the pain endured during the 'shower dance'.
  • i get it on a regular basis due to having to be warm in the winter cos i work outdoors but then work indoors in the same shift so end up sweating quite abit u lot talk about the shower dance have u ever considered people who only have a bath (like me) ooohh man the pain i need to get summat for it drastically
  • The Decathlon undies work for me. They are way better than the Decathlon lycra shorts which are way too stretchy and don't provide the support a fellow needs when he is every inch a man.

So it's Decthlon undies under Aldo running tousers (tights are for girls and Shakespearen actors). Wearing Stanley Matthews shorts over Lycra is a step too far. 

Regular undies have  seams that can wreak havoc as I discovered from cycling a lot. It's like running an angle grinder over areas you hold dear.

• Commando in running tights for me, and much disgust it causes from my wife. Back in the days when the sun rose for more than ten minutes per day, I wore Nike shorts with a liner - they were fine too. Cotton boxers sound like a bad plan.

Wasn't there a bloke running naked a year or two ago? Ok, so he got arrested for it, but I bet he didn't get chafing, maybe just a bit of sunburn... image
  • dont suppose it would go down too well naked at work lol