Why did I bother

Guilt finally got to me and I decided to take a break from training a keep Mrs Ridgeback happy by finishing the hallway and stairs I started 3 years ago (its a big hallway)image all carpets up stacks of painting starting to look good oh squeaky floorboard put a screw in there straight into a FECKIN CENTRAL HEATING PIPE! 3 hours later i have got the floorboards up, drained the friggin system soldered a sleeve in the pipe and filled the system wished I had of gone for a long ride instead! beware DIY S0d the hallway back to training tomorrow where I cant do any harm!image

Comments

• Titter........
  • Could have been worse, could have been 240v instead of rusty water ...image
  • what a cunning plan to get her to send you out training in future! image
  • ah bad luck.  although lucky you could fix the problem and didn't have to pay someone double time to come out and fix it!  still remember putting a pickaxe through the water pipe in the back garden.  not a happy moment in the JD household.
  • Been there done that.  Except in my case it was the first nail so it didn't take long to get the floorboard up and a thumb over the hole.  Not my thumb, obviously...
  • just watched IMUK on TV time to get stuck back in today while Mrs Ridge is at work get all the brownie points now ready for next seasonimage who wasthe pirate disco dancing on the TV?

• Evil Sandal.
    And IronRose at the finish. image
  • Only three hours to fix all that?  Wow, good going (it took British Gas 2 weeks to fix everything after they broke a seal on our boiler)...but a bad flaw in your "look how rubbish I am at DIY plan".  Cock it up then FAIL at fixing it is the way to go image
  • Heckenhocker wrote (see)
    Only three hours to fix all that?  Wow, good going (it took British Gas 2 weeks to fix everything after they broke a seal on our boiler)...but a bad flaw in your "look how rubbish I am at DIY plan".  Cock it up then FAIL at fixing it is the way to go image
    Trouble is I am a Marine Engineer so pretty good with all things practical so no getting out of it that way!  Mrs R is pretty easygoing when I am training hard so I like to do a bit of points making off season (putting a nail through the heating wasnt in the points planimage
  • mr HH makes chocolate fruit & nut ice-cream to earn his points.  Use the Ben & Jerry's recipe and I guarantee mega brownie points (as long as Mrs R likes chocolate....)
  • Ridgeback, i did the same when screwing down the boards in nipper 1´s bedroom, on orders of the memsahib! bugger would sleep through anything, creaking boards would never wake em up.

• Ridgeback, I´m a marine engineer too, we must all be stupidimage

• G-Sport are you RN or ex RN? I to can confirm I am definatly stupidimage