What do you like about Autumn running?

To me it is easier than sweaty summer mornings and i like the crispness and colours I come across.

what do you like about autumn running?

Comments

• The satisfying scrunch of leaves underfoot image
  • The fresh air!
  • The mist over the playing fields this morning, gradually getting burned off as the suns strength grewimage
  • I don't like running in the heat either. Yesterday I did a run in the p*ssing rain. it might sound weird but I really enjoyed it. It was like being a kid again jumping in the puddles. image
  • I run in the morning, and i really like the darkness and watching it gradually lighten as i run.
  • Belgmoo wrote (see)
    I don't like running in the heat either. Yesterday I did a run in the p*ssing rain. it might sound weird but I really enjoyed it. It was like being a kid again jumping in the puddles. image
    I like jumping puddles too so it cant be wierdimage
  • The dark evenings mean my fellow club runners can't see my fat arse wobbling anymore.....
  • love the cooler evenings without the idiots outside the pub and the cooling rain when it's there.  also realising that come spring i'll be well ahead of where i was this time last year...bring on the bad weather i'm out in it all..image
  • I like to see a fat arse running image mind there is a fat fella that runs in all the shut shops I pass
  • I love the early morning's darkness and stars and the moon!
  • I like being able to wear gloves - something to blow your nose on and wipe sweat off face with (not same hands obviously).
  • All of the above - I fecking hate running in the summer.
  • No hayfever
  • The off-road gets wet - so much more fun!  Mud, mud, mud!
    The air conditioning works in the gym.
    Lunchtime runs are bearable, heatwise.
    Less sweat - less washing!

Slippery leaves are a downside.

• grandad6 wrote (see)
    The mist over the playing fields this morning, gradually getting burned off as the suns strength grewimage
    Ahh so true,the mist over this field this morning reminded me of an ocean. I love wrapping up warm and feeling fresh rather than a swimmer. The autumn is just so much more beautiful than summer I find.
  • I hate autumn because winter coming.
    The start of the nights getting longer and longer.
    The feeling of the cold settling in.
    The air of dampness.
    Having to run in the dark and sometimes limited to where you run.

• I like running in Winter.  Only get a couple of really cold runs each year.  Being warm yet feeling the cold air hit the back of your throat.  Great stuff.
  • I can breathe properly.
    (as Corinthian says - no hayfever)
  • No asthma, yay!

Wearing my running jacket with pockets so I don't have to stuff keys into my shorts.

And, as already said, all the stuff that makes Autumn so lovely like the colours and the mists etc.

• The colour of the sky as the sun sets over the chilterns as i'm running along in the fresh air with leftfield's melt playing on my i-pod, i regularly have to stop to appreciate the view and remind myself that no matter what sh1t comes your way, life is for living image bliddy love autumn.
  • The Hoose-Goer wrote (see)
    I like to see a fat arse running image mind there is a fat fella that runs in all the shut shops I pass
    That's odd cos there is an incredibly sleak, almost gazelle-like runner in the shops I run past....well, in my head at leastimage
  • What I DON'T like about autumn (or winter) running, is that my fingers are constantly frozen, no matter what gloves or how many of them I wear.

I think I have raynaud's disease and it's bl00dy awful when you're a runner and constantly outside!

Today I thought they were going to snap off, I couldn't get the front door open with my keys!
  • Oh dear Elli, that doesn't sound nice image. I have the opposite problem. I always end up taking off my gloves and stuffing them down my tights after 10 minutes or so. By the time I get home my hands are all warm like teddy bear paws.

I love running in Autumn image 

• My favourite season!image I can't stand running in warm weather. I like it when it rains, and how good I feel when I breath in the cool airimage
  •  Devoted2Distance wrote (see)

Has anyone ever ran in pelting hail?

Yes

• I love the smell!
  • I am fairly new to running, and recently have discovered that I am a wimp! The rain really puts me off image  I have run in my cagoule, but it is rather uncomfortable. I suppose I just to get out there otherwise I will not run until Spring. Does anyone enjoy running in the wet and cold? Any tips to make it less unpleasant?
  • marshallini wrote (see)
    I love the smell!

Yes again!