Snowdonia Marathon 2010

1185186187188189191»

Comments

• SS, they may say that they "could have walked faster", but in reality you, and the rest of us, know that they couldn't. You could of course say "that's great, so come & do it with me next year", which will have them running for cover image - but that's not really the point ... you've achieved a fantastic achievement doing this marathon .... and don't forget, you ran all the way up Waunfawr, which as you know from my report, I couldn't do, and couldn't see how I could do it either, and for that I have the greatest respect for you.

Be proud of what you've achieved, you've done brilliantly. image

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    steve-z - <<good vibes>>
  • SS - "Armchair critcs" are just "couch potatoes" who think the only point in doing anything is to win it or earn money from doing something. Similarly, some newspaper hacks like to write off superstars when they're at a low point; as joggers (Paula Radcliffe) and hackers (Tiger Woods). Obviously they couldn't run or play at these sportsmen's levels even when they were at their lowest point. Truth is their opinion doesn't really matter.

To compete in Snod as your first marathon is very brave and unlike you I didn't run all the way up from Waunfawr. If you did then you paced yourself very well - especially as this was your first time. They do become easier, mentally, and with improved training you will be able to improve your times but the first marathon is not really about time, it's about completeing the task. Whether it's 2, 4 5 or 6 hours, you've still achieved your ambition and not many people can claim that.

Well done and hope to seee you next year. 

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see someone walk around that marathon course at 5.3 mph.
  • ss Agree with these guys it was my first mara to and I didn't run all the way up waunfawer so hats off to you!!image
  • SS...do what I do...flick 'em the bird.... People who pi&& on other peoples achievements are generally jealous......

Thanks for the link panad.

• Hey Brer and Mr Rex - All's well except I have a pot belly at the moment. I'm finding x3 OU corses hard to keep on top of with many other things going on at the same time. I've applied to Bangor Uni for a place - That's my finish line. Having said that this belly's got to go, so next week I'm out running for sure - even if it's only a little bit. Keep up the good stuff.
  • I've just nipped on to say hello all and well done!  JB was amazing and zipped past me never to be seen again - an awesome effort.

I managed 3h 08m 09s for a PB by over 2 mins.  As I look backwards I could have ran it better - but who cares?  What an event, superb and probably the most enjoyable race I've ever run.

Strong legs and every success for the rest of the year to everyone.

Dave.

• SS - Just ignore them.  Well done to you for raising all that money in these difficult times. This year was my 6th Snod was my 50th marathon but there is no way I would have been brave enough to tackle it for my first. Respect to you. That is one of the hardest marathons in the land and it doesn't matter if takes 2hr30m or 8hrs.  Hey, if you had done it in 3hrs you would have missed the hail and where's the fun it that??!! Hope to see you on the start line next year. Oh, just for the record, I walked up Waunfawr too so hat off to you!
  • A bit late but...

Best marathon i have ever ran!! First time running Snowdon marathon and enjoyed every meter of the course, cant wait to do it all again next year. Maybe i am odd but i loved running in all that rain and hale it makes the event much more fun, i like to see all the rivers and water falls flowing full and the scenary around the course takes your breath away! Great organisation and loved the choclate flapjack things being given out at the water stations. Although i did it in 4hours 38mins i think i broke the record for smiling the whole 26.2miles, i love this marathon! Did the Rutland water marathon the Sunday after and was not a patch on the one.

Phil

runwithphil.co.uk

• That's a brilliant post, Phil. It really captures the essence of this race - the exuberance, the joy, the scenery, the hills, all in it together, a bit of adversity to contend with (rain, hail, thunder). This one's special, which is why I keep coming back every year. It's the only 'road' race I would consider doing.
  • Morning all,
    Matt - Thanks for the kind words. I think I was very brave taking on this one as my first marathon as well, regardless of what anyone else says. Onwards and upwards I say.
    Been a pleasure to have been part of this thread. Moving on to the 2011 thread now.
    SS