Wokingham Half-Marathon

Comments

• I might see if I can pre order a mulled wine for the finish, Bovril puts too many hairs on my chest.
  • RunningCommentary wrote (see)
    I don't recall any sports drink at Wokingham either. Best to take a gel or two if you need a little boost halfway through. I certainly will be.
    I shall need a boost or two, no doubt about that!
  • RC, LWJ and Kate F - How about we arrange a pizza delivery for the 10-mile marker?

Sometime between 1h 30 and 1h 45 ok for you all to get to 10 miles?

• image  Depends on the topping andy, 1 hr 30 would be pushing it for me, but i reckon i could do 1hr 45 if i knew there was something hot and spicey waiting for me image image
  • 1.39 and I think I should reward myself with with a quatrto formaggio. Andy, could you run in front of me with the box open doing 8.30mm as encouragement to finish?
  • Great idea, andyp. Count me in!
  • Now, all we need is a table, chairs, red & white checked cloth.........

some wine......

8:30 mm Kate F??  I could manage that for about half a mile, downhill, with a tail wind!!!

• I thought that's how the whole course is supposed to be, I'm a solid 10 min miler, I was hoping cheese would inspire me. I'll be the one carrying the large pepper mill.
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

still no number...and 3 weeks now.

3 weeks!

No idea how this will go pace wise, but hopefully should be in the ball park of last year's time at MK.

Bovril at the end? pass on that gloop!

• andyp wrote (see)

Now, all we need is a table, chairs, red & white checked cloth.........

some wine......

8:30 mm Kate F??  I could manage that for about half a mile, downhill, with a tail wind!!!

KateF wrote (see)
    I thought that's how the whole course is supposed to be, I'm a solid 10 min miler, I was hoping cheese would inspire me. I'll be the one carrying the large pepper mill.

Do you know what.......  The nerves are going and I think i'm actually starting to look forward to this event now image image

Kate, i'm a 10 minute miler.   I love a steady pace, I just seem to get far more enjoyment from running at that pace than i do if i run at 9 minute miling.

• You're right, I bet those speedy ones up front miss all the sights, and the pizza!
  • Yeah, and i bet their race photos will all be out of focus image

• I managed 10 miles in about 1h40m today.  Pleased I managed it and still walking (just) image

Agree - my race photos are always sharp and never blurred.

• MuttleyMuttley ✭✭✭

Just getting back into the longer distance now after the snow break. A tad over 12 miles done to the Kennet and Avon canal from Caversham and back. Eee, it were cold.

My race photos always make me look as if I'm walking. Every single time. Even if I'm going flat out. It doth truly curdle my piss.

• I think the heat coming from my face always causes blurring. I assume some people buy their race photos otherwise it would be an industry no more, but really, why? Perhaps it's just for the masochists.
  • KateF - see you at this one and North Dorset mara....

Hope this one doesn't get snowed off like last Feb....12m yday at 8mm with Ultra JC who's doing the Thames 50 next weekend....it was freezing.

• Just read back on this thread to see what time are wanted to do here LOL  Oh well, it was a nice idea!  I'll be happy with just getting round it now.  Less than 3 weeks to go, oh god, this isn't going to be good!  Hope everyones training has gone better than mine!!!
  • DB9, at that pace I will only see your back, and then only for a few minutes!
  • Hi everyone, does anyone know anyone who got a place for Wokingham, but is now injured or can't take part?

I am doing the London Marathon and would love to do Wokingham as practice. Just didn't realise these races book up so fast.

I'm based in Farnborough so fairly local. Did the Frimley 8m and loved it. My first 'proper' race for a while.

• Hi Sarah

I don't know of anyone dropping out of this one, but there is a half-marathon in Fleet on 21st March too.

• I think you'll find that Fleet is fully booked now.

Sarah, i'm in Farnborough.  If it helps, I was in the same position as you last year, left everything too late and never got to do one race before my marathon.  I don't think it made much difference to me.  I just made sure i got the long runs and mileage in.   Are you a member of a running club?  The reason I ask is because my running club are currently organising long runs and I do find running with them pushes me the same as racing. 

• I may have two female entries available. Will know for sure on Monday, after our long slow run.
  • Sarah McCormick wrote (see)

Hi everyone, does anyone know anyone who got a place for Wokingham, but is now injured or can't take part?

I am doing the London Marathon and would love to do Wokingham as practice. Just didn't realise these races book up so fast.

I'm based in Farnborough so fairly local. Did the Frimley 8m and loved it. My first 'proper' race for a while.

If you want a short travel to Bournemouth, there are the Mad March 20 mile and 10 mile races on 14th March.  Flat course and 6 weeks from London.
  • hi all.

many thanks - hopetofinish, let me know if you have a place as that would be great.

ladywotjogs - i've sent off a postal app to fleet to see if they'll accept me. never thought of joining a running club. i have a busy job so have to squeeze in runs when i can and find it hard to commit to anything regular. but i may think about it. which club is it?

and Doozer - bournemouth sounds good so i'll look into it.

Thanks!

Sarah

• Mr KMr K ✭✭✭
    Lady Wot Jogs wrote (see)
    .......The reason I ask is because my running club are currently organising long runs and I do find running with them pushes me the same as racing. 
    .....and the other club members are just soo nice image
  • Hiya,

Anyone know what the race t-shirts you can buy after look like?

cheers....

• I have a spare place with no intention of now running. I don't see any point returning it for the organisers to re-sell it, (but not offer a refund or allow it to be carried over to 2011); so if anyone wants it, just drop me an email.

pdc1e@hotmail.co.uk

• Mr. K. wrote (see)
    Lady Wot Jogs wrote (see)
    .......The reason I ask is because my running club are currently organising long runs and I do find running with them pushes me the same as racing. 
    .....and the other club members are just soo nice image
     Oh, aren't they just Mr.K image
  • Sarah - Cove Joggers.   Check them out on the internet.    It was the best thing I ever did.  They're such a good bunch and such a mix of abilities.  Whatever your level of running there will always be someone at the club to run with.  And of course........   you get to see him up there image ..... Mr.K .......in Lycra.... image
  • Erm, shouldn't that be image?