Options

Football & VLM

Comments

• Options

Good results for you lads today. We've got Forest tomorrow at 5.00pm it's live on BBC2. Should be good game with good atmosphereimage.

Anyone started training yet? I won't start training seriously until the new year.

• Options
    Trying to ease myself back into it again after a year from hell.Had a R.T.A. in Jan which took about 5months to recover and I am now recovering from a broken wrist with added tendon/ligament damage.You tend to forget how hard running is.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention you blooooobirds  could go top tonight. Good Luck.
  • Options
    Morning all, i'm looking for around 4.30

I'm a Tottenham fan, used to go all the time, but can not afford it these days. We got smashed yesterday....boooo
  • Options
    Hi shortstuff, welcome aboardimage
  • Options
    Hello shortstuff, I know it will hurt but them gooners play bloomin good football.How many London marathons have you done?
  • Options
    Hello Canary,

Thats what hurts more...lol.....I've done 4 London's and 1 Florida marathon, last one was 5 years ago the time next years comes along. How about your good self?
  • Options
    So close bluebird......
  • Options

Running VLM next year.

A Blackpool fan with a nosebleed! If this season is a dream I don't want to wake upimage

• Options
    lol...Is it your first marathon Pllumby?
  • Options
    Shortstuff did F.L.M.in o6. Only major one Ive done.Hello Pllumby welcome to Bluebirds thread.It may be sometime B4 you hear from the welsh one( sinking 1 or 2 jars i expect)
  • Options

Hi  all, just came in from the game & when i left at 90 mins we were one up! To be honest, Forest deserved something from the game.

Hello Plumby, Blackpool have surprised quite a few this season & come May would'nt be surprised they'll be therabouts for the play offs.

• Options

Well I'm a Leeds supporter (a bet that'll be popular;-) ) and have got a place in the VLM - my first ever marathon - started doing some training over the last couple of weeks.  Canary - you were robbed at ER the other week - but I think you could well be going up automatically as you were the best team we have played for a long time, including Liverpool reserves in the cup.

Bluebird - I have to admit I enjoyed the forest equaliser - my only experiences of Cardiff City have been negative ones - particularly the FA Cup game.  I suppose every club has its nutters it just seems you have more than your fair share.

• Options
    i remember going to watch Tottenham lay at cardiff in the cup...0-0 i think it finished....there was more police there than at Tottenham-Arsenal.....
  • Options
    Pllumby wrote (see)

Running VLM next year.

A Blackpool fan with a nosebleed! If this season is a dream I don't want to wake upimage

Hi Pllumby - well if Burnley can do it there's no reason why you can't - I see your not missing Simon Grayson too much!
  • Options

SImon was a top manager. But Olly is in another league! The football we're playing is so entertaining at the moment there's always going to be goals.

I did the FLM last year and managed to sneak under 4 hrs. Had to "sprint" the last mile to do it and came round in the medical tent...

Only entered this year because my wife wanted us to do it together (her first) unfortunately she didn't get in!

• Options

Hi Mike, the f.a. cup game against you was one of the best atmospheres at Ninian park for years, it was strange though, Leeds went into the game as premiership leaders & seemed to go into freefall after, Maybe it was just a coincidence but it did seem strange.As for fans, Cardiff seems to be unpopular but i suppose  most clubs seem to have an unpoular element, just that we seem to have a few more than most.I suppose every fan as a team that they don't like due to it's fans, my personal dislike is Plymouth, everyone from coppers to fans were awful.

Keep on running,

Blooooooebiiiiiirds!

P.S

Shortstuff, hopefully we'll be visiting you next season.image.

• Options

B.B.what happened ?  I Left the t.v with about 2/3 mins to go, thinking you would be top.Welcome to the Throw it away in the dying seconds club.                                            

Hello Mike.We were all  over you like a cheap suit and you still walked away with 3 points.Thats champions material.We need to go up this year as it is a nightmare league to get away from(as you have found out ) 

• Options

Hi Canary, unfortunately it's always a rollercoaster ride following the Bluebirdsimage, but to be fair to Forest they deserved to come away with something. Looking forward now to next weekend & a nice little visit to a small town in west Wales.image

Keep on running,

Blooooooebiiiiirds!

• Options
    I'll look forward to that BB...lol....
  • Options

Apart from the obvious rivals,who is your most hated team and most hated player ever?

Mine is Wolves and Kevin Muscatt. Wolverhampton and its fans are all stuck in the middle ages. As for Muscatt, I wont even waste my time. 

• Options

There was a West Brom fan on here last year & he felt  exactly the same way about Wolves, maybe it's due to their accentimage. Plymouth is my choice by a mile. I took my twin boys there a few years ago when they were eight & when we arriving in the coach to the ground they waved at the Plymouth fans & were greeted by hand gestures off grown men.I tried to talk about football to a few of them while walking to the ground & that's all they could come out with was that they hoped we'd go bust.Outside we were given a gauntlet leading to the buses with a mob of them bouncing & posturing. It was quite funny watching them run through the park as soon as some of the Cardiff fans moved towards them though! I've been to a lot of grounds over the years The Old Den,Upton Park etc, but i've never come across such a horrible bunch as Plymouth.Maybe they just don't like Cardiff!image

Most hated player- Lee Trundle.

• Options

Sounds like my trip to Wolves. We had coins,bottles,even a litterbin thrown at us and that was just the  police (joke) Little kids were being egged on by so called adults to spit at the carrot crunchers.I too have been to most grounds but never met morons like that.

ON THE BALL CITY!..............

• Options
    In England it has to be Newcastle, only because when they lose, you cant walk around the place...got a smack in the gob up there...lol...

Abroad...Went to see England play Slovika a few years ago, people were getting jumped all over the place..stayed in my hotel room for 2 days....

Best fans i have ever seen was Besitaks..see Spurs win there a few years ago, they clapped us off the pitch and after the game made us feel welcome...

Player i hated the most....Too many to mention...lol..
  • Options

Shortsuff,  thinking of going up to St James in february. Went up there last year for the GNR & stayed a few nights in the Travelodge & found it quite a good City. As for the race it's one of those that you want to do once but i don't think i'd want to do it again.

Did you come to Ninian Park for the FA cup game a few seasons ago?

Keep on running,

Bloooooooebiiiiiirds!

• Options

A lot of people slag Cardiff but I really enjoyed our weekend there when we went to the play-off final with Birmingham.The local natives were really friendly. Always had good times at Newcastle as well.Seems to be the midlands where we get all the greif.Even got chased through a motorway services by Leicester fans who thought we were Chelsea boys(easy mistake we are yellow/green there blue/white)Then got done by police on horseback at Villa because they wanted 1000 fans to walk on a 3foot wide path,when someone stummbled onto the road they rammed us kids as well.

THE JOYS OF FOLLOWING YOUR TEAM........only true fans understand.

• Options

Hi Canary, personally i've always found the Geordies friendly . There does seem to be a bad attitdude to opposing fans from a number of Midlands clubs particularly Wolves. Cardiff have been involved in a few nasty incidents with both Wolves & Stoke.The one ground that has stood out head & shoulders above anyone else for me has got to be The old Den Millwall,  for a small club thet had some serious psychopaths whose sole intention was to mame anyone with a Welsh accent.At least we knew where we stood!image

Keep on running 

Blooooooooebiiiiiirds!

• Options

Dont think it had anything to do with a welsh accent,probably more to do with being jealous of anyone who doesn't grunt or can walk standing upright without dragging knuckles on the floor.(Thats me running quicker through isle of dogs this v.l.m)