Options

Football & VLM

Comments

• Options
    BB, nope i was at the game at the new ground...i think..i remember the replay at Tottenham, they closed roads off and all sorts....
  • Options

ON a different note Who was the worst player ever to wear your teams badge. So bad you wish it was you out there instead of him showing you up in front of all those opposing fans?

Norwich have had many over the years ,mainly thanks to Bryan Hamilton,but my all time DONKEY has got to be Dean Coney a striker who couldn't score in a Newcastle nightclub. 

• Options
    That's are a hard one because we've had so many but the two that stands out is Cameron Toshack ( son of John). On his last appearance he had a one on one with the keeper & with the whole crowd behind him, ran the ball off the pitch & crashed into the fence of the Grange end.Mind you he was lucky the fence was there coz he was heading straight into the river Taff  image. The other was Steve (lethal)l Lynex, he could'nt hit a barn door, after one of his wild shots that cleared the stand he ran across to the corner flag & lashed out at the flag in disgust & missed!image
  • Options

B.B

3-2  oops..................Wot went wrong?

• Options

3-2  oops..................Wot went wrong?

Did something go wrong..?

• Options

NEWS JUST IN! 

As well as M.P's expenses Ipswich Town Football Club are being also being investigated for false claims.Apparently Roy Keane claims to be a football manager............... 

• Options

More news just in ...

After 85 mins ... Swansea  1  Derby 0

Possession Swans 66%/Rams 34%

Attempts on goal - Swans 14 (8 on target); Rams 1

Corners - Swans 15 Derby 2

Fouls - Swans 9 Derby 16 (well at least they're ahead on something!)

League positions:

3. Swansea  City

4. Cardiff City (game in hand - 1 point behind - superior goal difference)

--------------------

Two welsh teams in playoff positions ... at least until tomorrow ...

• Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE NUMBER ONE TEAM IN WALES!image
  • Options

That's not what I heard?!

I know our lot keep beating your lot on the pitch (with the exception of a dubious penalty decision last time at your place) ... but it has been along time since we were higher than you in the league tables ... interesting season ahead - I'd be quite happy to see you in second if we win the FLC!

• Options
    What about a play off final at Wembley?image The unthinkable could be a possibility!
  • Options

I'd be up for that ... just hope the idiots don't spoil it ...

And I think you'll find that for another weekend at least (other) BB, the Jacks are still the no 1 team in Wales - though we've got to travel to Newcastle next weekend!!!?!

• Options
    In truth i'd be happy to see either in the premiership, i think the rivalry has been hyped up by the media.All the best in the vote.
  • Options

me too ... it's only a minority isn't it, who just create a lot of trouble. Most fans are really decent and it's good to have banter!

I was watching the latest Jacks/Bluebirds game at a golf club (don't play myself - they just do good food, at a good price and have skysports!) near Cardiff and enjoyed the friendly banter - which is how it should be and we all shook hands at the end.

Thanks for the best wishes for the vote - I would absolutely love to win the prize, but not trying not to get too excited - it's a difficult category with 4 tidy candidates! But I really do appreciate your support.

• Options
    When will they let you know with the final result? Whatever happens it's still  hell of a achievement to reach the final 20 out of 2400.
  • Options

I think we'll know on Tuesday sometime ... though whether we can tell people on here, straight away, I really don't know ... if it's anything like the announcement of the supersix, it took from Friday pm (when we all got the phone calls or emails) to Tuesday late morning till it was all made public.

Some of the others think it might be a couple of weeks till it all becomes public - after the meet in London with the coaches and the team on 5th December ... I'll let you know though if we're allowed!

• Options
    Whatever the outcome it'd be nice if they at least offer the unlucky 14 a place in VLM.
  • Options

Do you know, I was thinking of asking that if I get the answer I don't want when they ring!!!

I guess they'll say no, but there's usually no harm in asking ... a number of the 20 have already got places, so maybe they could rustle a couple more up! It'd be interesting to see how people get on who didn't receive the full package, against those who win the support.

• Options
    I hope they offer everyone a place who has'nt got one.
  • Options
    I'm a Glasgow Rangers supporter running 2010 London Marathon, looking for a 3:30. Got a few races next year starting with the Alloa Half marathon on 21st March. Would really like to run the Edinburgh Half marathon, which is 1 week before London. Was going to run it at marathon pace, but I know that I would end up racing it which I know is not wise. Any thoughts on this  
  • Options
    Thought i would join in , am running my first marathon and bricking it !! Am an Arsenal fan now living in manchester after recently relocating for work , got in through the ballot and just started the serious training this week . Am happy to just get round to be honest image
  • Options
    Hi Mike, welcome aboard. The more the merrier. I won't be starting training proper until after xmas, too much distractions. All the best with the training.
  • Options
    Hi Dave, personally i would'nt attempt a half marathon (especially at race pace) a week before VLM. I always use the last week doing virtually no running at all, it's too late to improve & to pick up a injury at that stage could put you doing VLM in doubt. I got injured a few years ago on the thursday before London & was unable to recover in time, so i tend to use the last 2 weeks (taper) doing only light runs.All the  hard work would have been done by then but i made the mistake of thinking that i could give it one final push.
  • Options
    Sounds like the voice of experience BB! Swansea Jack here hoping to get a place via the Lucozade supersix, but in a very tough category (sub 4:30) ... I've relocated into "enemy territory" too Mike ... in the Rhymney Valley north of Cardiff which is diehard bluebird territory!!
  • Options
    Hi BB, how did the running club go? Did'nt it used to be called club 69imageimageimageimage & if so, does it still live up to it's name?image
  • Options

lol - not sure whether it lives up to that name since I was not quick enough to catch up with any of them ... no idea what they were up to while I was trying to keep up!

Seriously though club night was really positive for me ...people and coach were friendly and a small club - I think it's 30 to 40 membersbut only around 10 turned up this week - I don't imagine everyone goes every week. We did intervals and I was the "rabbit" who ran off first - the others all caught and passed me by 2/3 of the way the first attempt - the second even earlier than that! - though it did push towards a pb at 2km distance by a good 20 secs per km ... I'll be back next week for another bash. Coach gave me some good advice too, so all good.

• Options

Message to Running Commentary.

Earlier on this thread you stated how much you hate Cardiff & their fans. On the weekend a minibus of Cardiff fans were cowardly attacked by 2 coach loads of QPR fans(your team) at a service station. The mini bus in question comprised of ordinary fans including a disabled child & his mother,punches were thrown at innocent people.There were 16 fans against 104 cowards, we may not be the most loved fans in Britain but i've never recalled Cardiff fans acting like that.I wonder if they would have been so brave if 2 coachloads of Cardiff had arrived? Rant over.

• Options
    Just goes to show how stereotyping any group of people as all the same is just plain stoopid ...