Amsterdam Mary & Half 17th Oct 2010

1444546474850»

Comments

• Good news for me today, hope everyones recoveries are going well and all the aches and blisters etc have gone image

Decided last minute to enter a half marathon, drive up and enter on the day job. Weather was perfect, much like conditions in Amsterdam.

Not sure if I can claim 3 PB's for 1 race?? image I went through 10k in what would have been a PB, then 10miles too, and final the "piece de resistance" over 3 mins off my half marathon best image happy days

• Hi folks. I took 4 days off running after The 'Dam, but since then, I've been out 5x / week. Distances are down since I was doing my full-on training, but still turining out 55-70km/ week, but it feels really easy. Think my longest has been a 22k run.

I have a 12.5km race this Thursday (Armistice Day is a public holiday here in Belgium) to look forward to, to get fire back in the lungs.

My new mara PB has given me such a confidence boost that I can sustain fast running, that I'm really eagerly looking forward to doing more races. I'm getting a preferential bib for Paris in 2011, have Berlin to look forward to in Sept. 2011 and am rather tempted at the possibility of doing NYC mara in Nov.11 (I can get a time qualified place, although forking out $281 for an entry fee could be a lot more challenging!).

• Hi! I finally signed up for the full marathon (in Amsterdam)! :) According to the www.lopen.nl website, it's already been sold out for this year.

Are there other people who signed up for the full marathon as well?