Planning a half marathon...

Posted this in training too....

I'm in the process of planning a couple of races for the spring - I have a half marathon in mind in 19 weeks time, and then a marathon which is 8 weeks after.

I'm trying to work out a schedule and wondering if I should follow a dedicated half marathon plan (I'd like to give it a good go) and then follow a shortened marathon plan for the next race.

Or...should I just go with a marathon schedule and plan the half into it....any thoughts, plans, reminiscences and input gratefully received!  image

Comments

• Go for a full marathon plan and stick the half into the training. Even if your didn't want to do a half before hand would say it's a good idea because your going to learn more about pacing yourself if you do that instead of training all the time and then doing the marafun. Good luck image
  • marathon schedules are 16 weeks,if you have a reasonable level of fitness going into the 16 weeks theres no reason not to get a couple of halfs in if you want to upto about 4 weeks before the marathon.

its better to do it this way around rather than trying to do a shortened marathon plan as you will need to get in the long slow runs and up your mileage if you want to do yourself justice in the marathon