Options

Sub-39 at the Stubbington 10k

Comments

• Options
    Okie dokie, thanks for the advice. I
  • Options

2.77 miles this morning.

Last physio appointment on friday!! Fingers crossed.

• Options

I chickened out of a run today due to weather, went for a swim and did 100 lengths,

made me realise how little upper body wrok I do! my arms are gonna ache tomorrow

• Options
    WJHWJH ✭✭✭

Good to see the training going ok Squall.

I definately know what you mean there Zoe - even just roller-hockey training once a week I ache so much from it these days - much more so than running! image 

Had club training last night and did some speed work - don't know distances for sure but it was about 12 sprints of 200/250 metres each with a minute recovery inbetween (2 minutes after 4 and 8 sprints) with half a mile warm up and a very short warm down at the end. Definately one of the toughest workouts I have done in ages, months probably! It was one of those sessions whereby I felt dispondant at the end because I can't go as fast as I want to. Definately not a strength of mine speed these days but in saying that it was a good workout.  

• Options

If the physio gives me the all clear on friday... i'm going to push on for 30mpw again by christmas, if not more.

I'm still determined to get something decent out of Stubbington.

• Options
    What time would you like to do at stubbington?
  • Options

Hey folks, not been on here for a few weeks, how you all doing?

Glad to see you're running again Squall, just make sure you don't push it too much too soon. Fingers crossed for your physio appointment on Friday.

Just 10days till my 10K now, so a few more days of proper training before starting to wind it down next week. Been doing some cross countries the last few weeks so hope that they will help. Haven't actually run a 10K since the same race last year so really hope i can improve on my time from then.

• Options

Jokerman: that's what i'm thinking. Yet to try a run as long as 5 miles... but i'll probably give that a go on sunday. My intentions after that are to just start building towards a steady 40mi/week with a 10 mile long run at the weekends. Hold that for 4 weeks then maybe look to build on it further.

Zoe: 43 or under preferably.... not sure though image

Stuart: I've got my fingers crossed don't you worry! Would like to get back on it next week. 

• Options

Just ran 3.4 miles...all good.

Final physio in just over an hour!

• Options

How did the physion go Squall... good news??

Under a week till my 10K now, did 13miles yesterday but won't be doing anything else too long / intense between now and the race.

• Options

Got discharged!

Hopefully I'll be back into some kind of normality by Christmas... and we'll see what happens at Stubbington! Certainly won't be sub-40.... 

• Options

That's good new Squall! Been out for anymore little runs yet?

5x1K reps for me last night with a couple miles warm up / down either side of it. Not too much more now before the race, just a couple nice and easy trots.

• Options
    5 miles yesterday in under 43 mins! Definitely feeling good.
  • Options

4.1 miles this morning! Feeling good.

I'll be looking to have my first sports massage session on the 16th Dec. 

How's everyone elses training going?

• Options
    WJHWJH ✭✭✭

Good to see your back into your training Squall!

Mine is going ok. Ran a total of 24 miles last week..this included a 10k treadmill run in 39:10. I take this with a pinch of salt as it does not in any way guarantee a 10k PB for Stubbington for example. It is my fastest 10k I have ever done on a treadmill though by quite a bit.

Just done a 5k this week so far with my club on Tuesday night. Did this in 19:02 which was 7 seconds outside my PB from back in April. Im a little dissapointed I have not cracked this yet considering I set it in April - although the wind was a bit of a factor in this along with starting way too fast for my race pace (3:34 for my first kilometre was probably not a good tactic!).

Going to try and do at least the same milage as last week by the end of this coming weekend now.

• Options

Glad to see your training is going well Squall,

WJH I see there is almost 60 of gosport road runners doing the race!

I have done hardly anthing! Did not run last week due to weather and work commitments, did 3.3 today and found it hard on my chest but not my legs. Does anyone else find that when they have not run for a while?

Since the Gosport Half I seem to have lost some motivation, maybe its the dark nights?

• Options
    WJHWJH ✭✭✭
    Yes there are loads of us Zoe! It should be a good day! Going to hit the treadmill tonight, I know what you mean about running on cold dark nights...sometimes I don't have the motivation for it myself....im lucky in many ways that I quite like the treadmill really so I can keep my training going. I'll go to another club night next Tuesday night now for some speedwork. Im sure you will pick up your training and motivation soon enough though Zoe! Sometimes, it takes just one run to get back into it! Yes I definately find my chest feels it more if I haven't run for a few weeks as well.image
  • Options

HAhahaha 60 of you! Jesus.

I'm going to use Stubbington as my index of fitness going into the new year. 

• Options
    Gonna go for a 10 miler this morning... and see what happens...
  • Options
    Hm... bailed out after 5 miles with a very sore foot arch and a very stiff heel :/
  • Options
    Did you have sore foot up to the 5 miles or at that point?
  • Options
    For about 2 miles up to that point :/
  • Options
    WJHWJH ✭✭✭

Oh dear that's a shame Squall hopefully it's not a major setback though?

Did two 5 mile runs this weekend...bringing my weekly mileage to 20. I felt a little fatigued this weekend so I am not really sure what I got out of it. Hopefully I will have some better training runs next week including speed training on Tuesday.

• Options
    I'd like to get an easy 20 miles in next week
  • Options

Guess what?!... It's in the bag! imageimage

38:43 at my 10K this weekend. Actualy slightly disappointed to have not gone a bit lower but now realise I need to do a few more 10Ks (it's my first one for a year) to get used to sustaining that sort of pace over the distance. I was really clinging on for dear life by the end but it's in the bag and now I can set myself another target! image

Squall - hope it's just a niggle and nothing serious.

• Options

I did 5.5 miles today, my knee hurt as usual! its strange I get a sharp pain in the inside of my patella at the bottom not when I plant my foot but on bringing my leg through.

I got wet and it was windy, I dont mind rain but cant stand the wind, yet again down stokes bay it was coming side on.

• Options

Congratulations Studolph!!!

The wind is bloody terrible... especially when it's blowing a gale at stokes bay.

Are you doing the stokes bay new years day charity swim???? I'll be there image

• Options

No I wont be there, I did watch some friends do it a few years ago is it for the RNLI?

Are you a good swimmer then? 

• Options

It's for GAFIRS (Gosport And Fareham Inshore Rescue Service).

I'm a crap swimmer... but I fancy being a bit of a nutter and running into the icy cold waters of the solent in nothing but speedos on new years day!!