Ankle stuff

Training for Dublin marathon up to 18 mile runs and no probs. Last weekend did GSR in PB time so very pleased. However, ached 'disproportionately' next day (i.e. it hurt more doing 10 miles than the prev weeks 18milers) and now have a pain in my right foot/ankle as follows. The pain which only occurs on walking feels 'behind' the ankle bone..i.e the bone on the outside of your ankle (I am sure it has a proper obvious name but cannot think what it is) and runs down the outside of my foot. It kind of feels as though my ankle/foot is rolled in too far and actually makes me feel quite nauseous when walking. Seeing the physio tomorrow but any thoughts? There appears to be no swelling and when 'prodding' the foot/ankle cannot pinpoint any areas of pain.

Comments

• Went to the physio this morning...even before examining me he guessed what it was. Examination confirmed that I have over stressed my peroneus brevis muscle which runs down from the knee and joins the fith metatarsal. Need around 5 days rest from running (so ECT bound instead of planned 19 miler sunday)and some more physio next week...reckons I could be running again by end of next week...phew and fingers crossed.