Options

Calling all Virgin London Marathon 2010 hopefuls

Comments

• Options

Aw.....image

It's lovely reading all that and I know what you mean about excited - it's somewhere between yaberdaberdoo and yikes, isn't it? 

I had my first race since this all started this morning, wearing my old support shoes and feeling grateful all over again for the info from the gait analysis.  I did very briefly consider putting on my super six kit, but wimped out on the basis that it's okay if there are another five of you, but running around Luton with the words "super six" emblazoned on my back doesn't sound like the best idea at any time! 

Spinkletoes Sunday lunch wasn't anyone you knew, was it?image  We still eat chicken too, but we deliberately divorce them in our heads from being in any way similar to our girls.  Hypocrites that we are, we don't even call it chicken, we call it "large".  Well, that's what it says on the label.......

Right off to try to hassle the computer into talking to the Garmin wirelessly and loading today onto the training log on Fetch.  Except that it will need editing as I forgot to switch it off at the end.  Again.

• Options

Hmmm....less success over here.  First reaction is the same as yesterday when I couldn't do it right - it's broken with a face like a sucked lemonimage

Trying again, with a little G&T to go with that lemon

• Options

Haven't even looked at the Garmin - will have a play when I've got a bit more time.

Hash - how could you even suggest eating one of our own? We love our ladies. Friendly old things. We just eat their mates!!

Glad the race went well Pix - you are sounding so positive and determined.

• Options

LOL Spinkletoes

Garmin successimageimageimage

Fetch log updated without me doing more than saying hello to it.  It was broken but is now fixed, and it has nothing to do with me not reading the bit about downloading the crucial bit of of software, okay?image

• Options

Of course it was broken!!!

Glad you 'fixed' it.

Right, been on FB - Lyn MacDonald - who are ya?

• Options

Great pics and first blogs from you all - really looking forward to hearing more at meeting you at the Dorney Lake event. Agree with above that 9mm sounds quick - I can do it but not for 13.1 miles in a row!!

Thanks for the Dorney Lake link Run Sho Run. As one of the shortlisted 20, apparantly we get automatic entry for this so does anyone know how it all works? Coz I definitely want to do it and meet up with y'all.

Keep up the good work..

• Options
    Dunno for sure, Ian. I wonder if more details will come with the Lucozade goodies when they arrive? not had mine yet - is everyone else waiting too?
  • Options

Yep, still waiting BB. I assumed that the Super 6 would get theirs on Saturday so ours would follow at some point after that.

btw, sounds like your running is going great lately, well done.

• Options
    AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭

Hi All

Just a very quick message as the others have already told the story of the greet day well. Basically the day was totally awesome and am still on a high. The rest of the six are a great bunch and I'm sure with the experts on board we'll all reach our goals and, importantly, have a blast doing it. Looking forward to starting the Sub 4 thread in Mid December.

A massive thanks to RW, Adidas and Lucozade. 

MM: Star Trek pictures...genius mate!

EP: Didn't try the gel this morning but did a 10k with the new wrist bling. Garmin 405 rocks.image  

• Options

Morning

Ian, BB we got the garmin and our kit (apart from shoes) on Saturday and some sample Lucozade gels, but from the sound of it the bulk of the lucozade stuff is coming by post.  Just as well as we'd had to bring running kit with us so had a mountain of stuff to carry home.  The train was rammed with people from the greenie protest, I managed to get a seat but was stuffed in a corner peeping out from behind two large kit bags....... still grinning my head off!

Back to reality with a thudimage.  Monday morning, wth the added bonus of a plasterer turning up at home, so an early shower and bacon buttie duty. He's not going to find me in this dressing gown, I'm not that grateful

• Options
    Gawd you guys, I had myself all convinced I didn't really want the prize that much, and you are really making it difficult! image
  • Options
    kittenkat wrote (see)

Hey Hash, Jola got a club place, so she's coming out to play as well.

Yayimageimage

Rowan Green Faster at Forty http://www.justgiving.com/stroke100 wrote (see)

(PS: don't stop)

I did try to shut up about it, but different people have wandered up at different times to ask me about it, so I've just HAD  to tell it all over again.

The girl in the desk next to me appears to have hanged herself.......image

• Options

Oh I'm so jealous - looks like you had an amazing time! Still, will stick with it with my less snazzy old Garmin and at least I've got a VLM place already so look forward to joining you on the sub 4 thread Andy!

Has anyone actually tried one of the Lucozade things yet? Are they nice/gross?

• Options
    Hi guys,

Great meeting you all on Saturday! I went for a lovely meal in the evening to celebrate being a vet! Ahh.

Can't wait for the forums to kick off, should be lots of tips and advise flying about. Glad you all got home safe and glad my cheeks were not the only ones aching from all the smiling!

Liz x
  • Options

Happy Birthday Liz! (Thought you'd had a change of career there for a minute!)

Also can't wait for the forums!

Very happy right now: I just did 4*15 minutes!  Yay, hour completed, now just have to cut the walk breaks! First 15 minutes was awful, and I thought there was no way I'd make it.  By the end I was going hardly faster than walking. So I decided to motivate myself with promises of treats (yes, I know it doesn't work calorie wise, but this was special circumstances).  I decided on nothing for the first 15, then a treat for each 15 after that.  Two thirds of the way through the second I felt myself loosen up a bit.  3rd 15 feeling much more positive, and perhaps just a little bit further run than number 2.  Last I was tightening up again, but feeling so great mentally there was no way I was stopping and even ran the last minute fast: mostly up a small hill!  I'm not getting out of breath.  I know I do lots of walking, but my legs say walking and running are not the same!

I've been good and spent about 10 minutes stretching (I think I need it!)  Bag of cheese Doritos eaten, peanut m and ms being saved for later (but probably not much later!).  Shop didn't have a mint icecream so I think I might be making a sneaky visit some where for a mint umflurry. 

Have to look back a few pages now to make my plans for my next few runs...

• Options

Fantastic, Rowan, well done.

Ooooh, I could just scoff some cheese doritos, preferably with a big dollop of hummus.  Nomnomnomnomnom

• Options
    I'm insanely jealous but also very excited to hear all your news. EP - I will be following your training plan as I build up to Edinburgh. Look forward to running together at Dorney Lake.
  • Options

*wanders past wearing Super Six running gear with broom up backside sweeping up after plasterer whilst cooking dinner and de-poohing sleeping chickens, with phone wedged under the ear sorting out the pub quiz team*

Real life appears to be intruding on the euphoria.......image

• Options
    I've still got a fair bit of Lucozade stuff left if anyone gets really hungry and needs some.
  • Options

Hi all.  Just catching up, sounds like you all had a fantastic time.  Can't wait for the threads to start.

• Options

That's great news Evil Pixie.  It was fat face I followed mostly last year (with quite a bit of Sue C and Wotsit thrown in) as I was going for Sub 4.  Made it by 3 minutes!

I honestly have the Super Sixers and their fab coaches to thank for that as most of my friends and family don't run and think I'm completely mad.  It's great for moral support, swapping ideas, asking question etc etc.  You will all have a blast!  I am soooo excited so can't imagine how you are all feeling!