Calling all Virgin London Marathon 2010 hopefuls

Comments

• hmmmm- i dont know.. i have a feeling it may be tomorrow now...

Got my new trainers today- they are very pink!   saving my run for this evening especially so i can feel like im bouncing along in me new shooooooeeees!

• Pain in right foot. Google Searching. Self-diagnosis = tendonitis. image
  • Hey thank you for the advice and encouragement ... I will start out with the training - and then will need to find some suitable races to hang around it ... alternatively, I could tweak it down to the halfs, kilomathon or 20 mile distances???

Goody bag arrived today! - has been in the post office for a few days apparently!

Ouch, Mr W! sometimes niggles seem to come and can also go quickly too ... had a niggle below my ankle for the last week ... and wondered whether it would be something more serious on the way ... but it seems to be OK now - certainly survived yesterday's 8 miler. Having said that a niggle and a pain can be quite different things! 

Just off to front page to see if any sign of the Super six!

• I bought some off road shoes yesterday and I tried 'em out this morning by doing a 5 mile xc/trail run.

Blimmin' great it was.

• BB - well done. Sounds like you are making superb progress.
  • The Evil Pixie wrote (see)

XC can be fun fat face especially if you have the right shoes!

*shudder* ...... mud......  Okay for sheep and schoolboys, but not for wimps like me who don't want to get their shiny new shoes dirtyimage

Morning Pix.  Looks like it's going to turn fecking freezing down my way too.  Letchworth industrial estate on ice for me tonight then, not sure how far but I think I'll take it gently as my legs are still like tug boats after the race on Sunday.

• Yep, bit of both over here.  Also a change of industrial estate  thanks to a trip to the dentist.   Oooh......
  • Hello all, sorry, Ive been away for a few weeks with work so not been on since beginning of December. What have I missed? Is there any threads set up for the super sixers yet?
  • Hi VLM runners, 

Just a note to say hi to all those dedicated runners planning on running the Virgin London Marathon. In particular a big motivated hello to: just back from a run, andy v and spinkletoes. Three of the Super 6 team that I will be providing nutritional support throughout the marathon journey. I will be following all three individual threads and where possible providing nutritional advice. By all means if anyone has any questions regarding marathon nutrition and hydration, like Emma, I will do my best to help. 

Have a great Christmas and here's to a happy running new year!

Gareth

• thanks for that gareth.  i will be following your advice closely after doing the FLM this year and hitting the wall (or something) at 19 miles. i remember seeing my husband at 21 miles and screaming at him that i neeeeeeeeded a can of coke image  will try and be better prepared for next year..... 
  • Gareth Turner - Lucozade Sport Scientist wrote (see)

Hi VLM runners, 

Gareth

Hi Gareth - remember one thing and one thing only. It's ALL about the "journey" image

x x x

• I've always known you were special.
  • You're welcome EP.

I'm a qualified badminton coach as well BTW so if you need any tips then just gimme a shout.

• Forehand or backhand?
  • Morning

I was going to have a rest day, but having seen the forecast for tomorrow it looks like a run might be out of the question. 

Last night was odd - I was at the dentist which is in the village where I used to live with the ex-husband, so decided to have a run around it and see how the place has changed.  The estate where we used to live has grown massively, but I couldn't resist a quick trip past the house.  It was like entering the twilight zone

• I've done a very chilly 5.5 miles this morning. FFFFFFreezing. I was too quick as always but it'll stand me in good stead for when the sub 4 thread starts.

EP - badminton serve wise. It doesn't matter if they know where your serve is going. Just make sure it's a good serve. Have the shuttle in the air for as little time as possible. None of this cross court stuff. 

• The Evil Pixie wrote (see)

Now fellow super sixers ... is it just me ... I really want to use my jacket for runs as it's so good (warm but light and easy to move in) but I don't want to ruin it!!

use it and abuse it until it falls apart - I use my kit twice a day to run in and out of work and it hasn't fallen apart (yet). I tend to hammer clothing and you'd be surprised how much abuse stuff can take before it fails.
    I don't run in the jacket though - I get too sweaty. The other stuff has been worn and washed several times and it's fine.
  • Emma Kingzett - Lucozade Sport Scientist wrote (see)

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to introduce myself to the forum

I’ll be picking up on your individual threads as soon as they are active but in the mean time keep up the good work!

Emma

Emma

I picked up your answerphone message yesterday. Can you message me through the "message member" button at the bottom of this post so we can catch up please?

Rich

• Gawd, best wishes to them Pixie