Fleetwood Marathon - Suitable for a First Timer?

Comments

• Fantastic NBFS!  How are you??? Company would be fantastic!

So nice to see you again image

• Damn, are you serious?  Was desperately hoping you'd say no.... lol.  image  Joking, would be awesome to get 'round another marathon and even better to have some company.

I'm OK thanks, things have been all over the place for me lately so running has taken a back seat.  How many marathons have you done this year then?

Just need to check though, think I might be in Edinburgh that weekend.  If I am are you doing any others a little later on in the year?

NBFS 

• I am indeed.

Have only done one this year, and one that became a half instead of a full as I missed the time cut-off for the second lap.

Am also doing Wolverhampton and Robin Hood, and also the Town Moor in Newcastle.

• Excellent Vixx, I'll give you a shout and arrange something.  I might do Wolverhampton.  Would be so good to have some company and just what I need at the mo.

Really need to do this before I turn back in to a couch potato, cheers Vixx, speak soon image

• Miardi

Mystery solved with your entry, Steve at ukroadraces has your entry, just not sent it to us as yet. You should get your race number and final instructions within the next 3/4 days. Owe you a beer?

Committee Race Office

• Too bliddy right - mine's a pint of bitter, thank you!  I've just been to the bank and got a copy of the cheque and sorting code of the bank it was paid into but they couldn't provide the account number straight away - could take up to 7 days but I guess I don't need that now - and I guess you don't need a copy of my cheque then!!! *breathes a huge sigh of relief*
  • Minardi

Fair do, local bitter is not bad.

• Minardi

just been informed by shoetringresults that your number (2425) was sent out on receipt of your entry.

If you have not receivedthis number you can collect a replacement on the day at the Marine hall fleetwood.  Finalinstruction booklet will be sent to you.

race office

• Minardi

please email us and we will email you by return the final instruction details

Race Office

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    RocketRon

doing Anglsey marathon in September and would love to do the St Annes race to Fleetwood also putting in for Leek half try to do loads of different races now

hows the golf
  • Ash

Won a vets over 60 golf tournament last week, handicap down to 16, not bad now, only beenplaying four years. Love the game has great camaraderie with fellow player

• RocketRon - thanks for your help with this. You will be pleased to know that my number turned up this morning image image image
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    RocketRon

well done on that is there still room in the Fleetwood marathon as I would like to do it
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I am entering the full online
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    RocketRon

just entered the marathon and looking forward to it I will wear my chester marathon T-shirt with pride I will not give up till I can run a marathon the full way can we again use the Lesuire centre afterwards as I will call at a little chef on way home
  • Ash

We have the whole of the Marine hall and its facilities for the day and the adjoining Leisure centre for showers etc.

keep Fit

Rocket

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Rocket Ron

that is good to hear and I will keep fit with my swimming helping my training and running aswell

I like the nickname
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    well got my number today and am number 17 and looking forward to it like the route profile this will be my 5th full marathon and hoping to beat 3h59 what I got at chester
  • This will be my first Marathon. Im really looking forward to it, been training hard and recently tested out some 'Energy Gels'. As I dont fancy carrying enery drinks or a pack I thought I'd test them out. I used safety pins and tucked them in my shorts and just carried water, which will be available on the day at the water stations. Has anyone got any thoughts on energy gels during a marathon?

Cheers John

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    best you get use to gels before hand as they can upset your stomach if you take them for the first time in a big race another tip do no take of to fast at the start or you will burn up before the end this is my 5th full race and doing Anglsey 4 weeks after this race
  • John Smee I've only done one marathon back in May but I'd have struggled to finish without the boost the energy gel gave me. I also don't run long distances without energy drinks. Definitely agree with Ash about starting too fast. I set off way too fast at the White Peak maratthon and I suffered for it. I reckon it cost me at least 15 minutes on my time.

On a different subject I've got my number and info. Do I actually need to register on the day or do i just turn up and run ?  Previous races I've done I've had to register on the day and pick up my number

• I'd love to do the full, but if it's a small field, feel I'd be last by a long way. (Around 6 hours) So maybe I'd better do the half & go for a PB. Though I'd much prefer the full...... image
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    will

I got every right at chester from the start I had to walk just after mile 19 but when I ran again I found myself going better and knocked 22 mins of my PB getting 3h59

Bright

if you do the training ok you should be ok I am hoping to run the whole way as this is my 5th marathon followed by my 6th 4 weeks after this
  • This is my first marathon too. I entered ages ago so I've put in serious training image

I've received race info pack and number, etc but it doesn't mention water stations and how they are spaced along the course. Would anyone be able to enlighten me please?

• compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    it says on here water stns every 5 KM but not sure of where abouts they are
  • Finally, after much procrastination, I got round to trying to enter this earlier in the week - Online via UKRoad Races

I entered all my details and received an automated messge thanking me for those and promising me an email in a few days - all fine, I thought, that'll be about number pick up and stuff.

Then a problem - clicking the paypal buttons didn't route me to anywhere to pay.  Anybody else have a similar issue?  Is this an issue with my Paypal account, a 'one off' problem with the UK Road races entry database or is the email I expect in a few days going to give me payment details?  Not sure what to do for the best since the last thing I want to do is cause the Race Office unnecessary grief by entering twice.  Any thoughts will be gratefully received.

• Cumbrian Andy

Email Steve ( race organiser) at shoestring360@hotmail.com  i'm sure he will be able to explain if there is a problem, there shouldn't be he is getting many entries through his site.Steve is however on holiday this week until Friday evening. HURRY event nearly full.

• Is the time limit 6 hours Ron? I've entered the half, but still toying with the idea of upping entry to the full....Though may do Wolves as there's no time limit.... image