A challenge for Fools!

I'm setting myself a goal of running my first 10K, and in a time of 45mins by April 1st....

It set me thinking.... it'd be a bit of fun to have a series of 'April Fools' challenges, that we track our progress towards....

Big or small... what is your challenge for 1/4/10?

lets be honest.... its all prep for an Ironman on my 100th birthday

Comments

• My goal for 1/4/10, is to be comfortable in the knowledge that i will not die doing the Leeds half Marathon.....x
  • Sub 30 5km (with training starting today)... it's not going to happen but I am going to try image
  • Sub 2 HM - let the challenge begin!

• SUB 4.30 for my first marathon.  hmm, yeah right! image
  • so thats 4 time challenges, and one death avoidance scheme! image

Anyone else?

• Im not fussed about the time it takes but my goal is to run a whole 10km without walkingimage
  • My goal by 1st April is to run a big 10 mile race in under 70 minutes...
  • Have a better half marathon than my first earlier this year.  Had to walk/run after 9 miles.  Really had to question'why am I doing this?'
  • sub 40min 10k (still yet to run my first) and actually run my first HM

Oh and not die in Tough Guy 2010 image

• wow.... that's belting along Boyddie!.... I thought I was being ambitious at 45mins for a 10k! image
  • I could probably do 43-45 minutes at the moment on a decent course and clear day, some of the people i run with (who hav been running a bit longer than me) are all aiming for sub 40 minutes at the moment, but i think if i keep up the training i will catch them up one day!

Its good having friends who are that bit fitter than yourself, it makes you push that little bit harder although about a month or two ago training with them just about killed me, but now i can keep up with them although im sure in a race they would blow me off and leave me standing image

Out of interest, how long hav you been running for?

• 3 weeks! image
  • But I am somewhat surprised to find myself a reasonably natural runner....

My steady comfortable pace has immediately settled at around 10mins/mile, hence my confidence that with a bit of fitness, and pushing myself, I can improve quite a bit from there...

That, and I'm fiercely competitive! image

• I remember i was running a few days a week trying to get into running, nothng seemed to be improving much than at about week 6 i finished my usual run and thought... wow... i dont feel tired and remembered back just over a month ago at the end of the run i was gasping for breath and legs felt like jelly!

Think maybe i just had a good day, but it certainly inspired me to keep at it, you will be knocking off seconds and even minutes off your mile times soon enough! Just a bit of a crappy time to start running what with dark nights and wet/windy weather coming in but al credit to you!

Oh and loads of people on here told me to increase my base milage before i tried to get faster at a certain distance, not sure if its relevant to everyone but something to keep in mind image