Trionium Midsummer Munro Half-Marathon

Comments

• ShinyShiny ✭✭✭

Talking of nutters - there I was earlier, struggling with my run for the second day in a row when I suddenly worked out why I had to pull out of yesterday's parkrun  - somehow I'd completely forgotten that I gave blood on Wednesday afternoon and therefore really shouldn't have been doing a race 2.5 days later.  Doh!

• Dr RobertDr Robert ✭✭✭
    Don't forget that there is the race run-through (from the start to half way only) on Saturday 5 June, starting at 4pm. All welcome - going very slowly!
  • I am booked into the race on the 19th but unfortunately am not going to be able to make it.

Is there anyone who would like to purchase my place? (I paid £34 via the net)

If you can make it and would like to take my place, my email address is rupert_davies@yahoo.co.uk. I can send you the confirmation email to show that I am entered and will contact the organisers on your behalf as well.

Hopefully I will be able to do it next year!

• Phil_HPhil_H ✭✭✭

Dr Rob, 

Tim AKA Trail Snail is buying my place.

What do you need to know to transfer it ?

phil

• Andy,

My average time for a 1/2M on mixed off-road and some sizeable hills is around 1 hour 50 minutes. I run 20 miles most Sunday mornings in under 3 hours, with an ascent of 750 feet and a descent of 750 feet.

I am aiming for 2 1/2 hours (or slightly under) for this event. This is about the same time that I completed the first half of The Picnic in 2009.

• Hi folks,

I have a space for sale if anyone is interested. I'm unable to run on the 19th so am looking to sell my entry for £30.00. My email is /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif[/img]anfoley@hotmail.co.uk]danfoley@hotmail.co.uk

Email if you are interested in buying my entry and I can sort it out with the organisors.

Dan

• I hope its not my questions, and subsequent answers, around training prep that have led to the recent number of drop outs!!!

Anyway, I have taken on board the comments and will now focus all of my training runs on hills off road. Did 9 miles on Sunday with 1438 ft of ascent and 1344 ft decent in 1hr 26, and I did a 6 miler today with 901 ft ascent and 781 descent in just over 54 min. I have 6 and 4 mile runs scheduled for Thursday and Friday, and a long 14 miler on Sunday which I should be able to get 2500 ft into and this should be my marker for the 19th.

Is there a map of the course anywhere that shows the gradient of the hills? What is the toughest climb? The worst I have done is 300 ft over 0.9 miles.
  • Hi Andy - you should find route & profile on the event website - www.trionium.com

Well, I'm not giving up just yet and determine to make it round even if it meant more than 3 hours!image I will make it round....I will make it.....I will make it round......image

• The profile looks like the trace from one of those heart rate monitors that you see on casualty!!! I hope that I dont flatline on the day.
  • I had forgot that this is UP 3,000 feet and DOWN 3,000 feet.
  • Phil_HPhil_H ✭✭✭

If anyone sees Dr Rob tomorrow, can you please ask him if the place transfers are ok ?

thanks

phil

• Dr RobertDr Robert ✭✭✭
    Sorry all, I've been away on work and hols. Place transfers are OK. Whoever is transfering the place needs to email me with the name of the person they are transfering the place to, and the person it's being transferred to needs to send me their date of birth, age on race day, email address, sex (seriously), club affiliation and any medical issues I need to be aware of (asthma, alergies etc).

Looks like it'll be hot and sweaty tomorrow... don't forget that it's the Derby as well, so traffic could be a little bit sticky!
  • I'm going to make my way there tomorrow... leaving house about 3pm, coming from Jct 12 M25 so I would hope to get there on time, Derby or not! (If I could find the right carparkimage)
  • I have mailled you Dr Rob. I should coming over tomorrow I reckon it should be just the thing for my hang over image
  • ShinyShiny ✭✭✭

Runnaholic, you can't miss Ryka's car park - even if you go past the entrance from the main road you just take the first left at the roundabout straight after and go in from the other side.

No run through for me - I did my week's torture session on Thursday and I'm working tomorrow evening.  Hope it goes well.

• Unfortunately I wont be able to make the run through today. Enjoy!
  • Hi Dr Rob

Not sure this is the place to put this but i couldnt find any way to contact you directly. Ive just gone through the runners list for this years munro and i dont appear to be on it, although i booked and paid thru runners world in december last year. If you could contact me at whizzer121@yahoo.co.uk or send me an email address, i can copy you a copy of the confirmation  email i received.

cheers

Iain Stevenson

• oops that was meant to say "send you a copy". My english aint no good. 
  • Dr RobertDr Robert ✭✭✭
    Good (but warm) run-through today. We saw two buzzards wheeling over hills near the half-way point. Looking for carrion.
  • That was the toughest 'run' (walking mostly reallyimage) I'd ever done - makes the hills I train on look seem like raised moulds! But being as mental as I am - I'm going to make it round at the real thing even if I break the record as the slowest of them all - it'll still be a PB for meimage

• Nice one Runnaholic the second half is easier image

Unfortunately I didn't make it over today as other stuff came up image

• Runnaholic - you needn't worry - walking is positively encouraged!
  • Thanks, that's very comforting to know - the easy 2nd half & walking positively encouragedimage

I'm going to my raised moulds and practise walking tomorrow - being warned the next couple of days could be problematic if try to run!image

• 13 of us followed Dr Robert on his run through today. He skipped up the steps and slopes like an elvin goat and waited for us at the top. The rest of you have some catching up to do.

I've run the Surrey Slog and Milland Trail, both of which have plenty of hills but, this route will enhance your PW considerably.  At the end though, you'll be well chuffed with your achievement and can take the next week off resting those sore muscles. 

Enjoy the race and thanks to Dr Rob  for organising this fantastic event, for todays preamble and for the geology lessons en route!

• Hi

Can I again offer my place in the race to anyone who wants it as I can't make it this year. It is fine with the organisers as long as we keep them informed of the change of place. I can forward my confimation email to anyone who is interested in taking the place. Although I paid £34 over the net, I am prepared to accept £25 at this late stage.

Please email me on rupert_davies@yahoo.co.uk if you are interested in the place.

Good luck!!

• Unfurtunately I didn't make it (on time) yesterday. I think I arrived too late. Got to what I think was the car park at 4 pm, but could not find anyone. Never been to this area before so just want to make sure I was at the right place for when I turn up on 19th. I came off the A24 and passed a hotel and then car park was past the hotel car park on the left? And where exactly is the start? Need to be better prepared on the 19th than I was yesterday!
  • ShinyShiny ✭✭✭

If you were on the B2209 Old London Road, the hotel was on your right and you didn't go into their car park then yes you were in the right one.  It's a pretty big car park that usually has a few trucks etc. in it.  You'll probably be better off parking on the road anyway for the actual race just in case they shut the car park before you get back.

The start is a couple of hundred yards further up that road opposite a helpful National Trust sign pointing to the big grassy slope where everyone will be gathering (and where you'll be able to collect your race number).  On the day there are bound to be a few people who know where they're going to give you directions.

• Hello, my running partner has had to drop out due to injury, if any one is interested in her place, please e-mail me on gworrallo@btinternet.com. Thanks!

• imageimageimagehi runners any place available?

if you are not running Ill be happy to pay you the feeimage

Thanks

REDCATimage

• Hi I have a space but am not able to run (wife is on recently arranged hen weeked so I have childcare duties). Please email me at grlane@gmail.com to get in touch.  I think this is OK with organisers but anyone please advise if not.