Norwich Half Marathon 2010

Comments

• Happy new year all!

I haven't done much the last few days and probably won't the next few days. Currently in London doing New Year celebrations.
  • Just wanted to wish you all a very "HAPPY NEW YEAR" and look forward to keeping up to date with all your running news in 2010 x

• Had a nice run today, hailed pretty much all the way round, my arms were like tenderized steak when I got home!!!

Happy new year all!!.

• I've done nowt for the last 3 weeks! Been nice though image Does anyone know if the Naawich 10k is still on tom and if there are any available paces etc on the day etc etc I can't find any info on it??

Thanks image
  • sscssc ✭✭✭
    Now its after Christmas, does anyone know of any entry details for Wymondham 20?
  • Hi ssc,I keep looking for the online entry for this and it's not been put on RW as yet.I have been loging on for this race since before New Years Day,should be on here any day soon
  • How's the training going all?

Personally - I have only run once in the last 10 days! Uh oh... Not good. I'll try and go out and do a long run on Sunday. I have done some swimming and gym work (inside stuff basically!).
  • Hi Mr Spoons

My training is going pretty well,I just ran a 5 miler in the small woods near where I live last Saturday as the paths were too icy to run on.Then tuesday I ran to club and did a pyramid effort session then ran home afterwards, which bought the total to 9.40 miles.Then last night ran to club again,then ran with the very few who did turn up,only about 20 of us, ran the chip shop run (so called because of all the take-away's that we run past on this route),which by the time I ran home made the total last night 9.60 mile.So Im pretty pleased at the mo.

Meeting a friend for a run in the morning,but that will be a trot around mousehold I think.That should be fun,trying to avoid all the dogs not on leads and kids throwing snowballs at us no doubt.

P.s number came in the post today for Reedham 10

Still can't apply online for Wymondham 20.......

• Very impressed Mandy!

I'm now recovering from illness, so not much happening here. Big push next week I guess!
  • At long last I have entered the Wymondham 20 online.As I mentioned before I have checked everyday to see if this race was ready for entering,all except yesterday-sod's law really.Now the training has to step up a gear.
  • hello people!!!!!!!!!!!! wow i am so impressed we have this thread going on already for next year - though its this year now i guess!!!

im liking the 2010 missions - 1000 in a year ouch! though maybe something good to aim for!

Started my kilomathon training last week - did a 10 miler on sunday for the first time since over christmas. it feels a sodding long way when you havent done it in a while!!!

liking the list of local runs - going to look into one or two of them.

happy running people!!!!

• Hi Louise,

After doing f. all for about 3 weeks due to illness, snow and lazyitis, I am now on a mission!

I have shelved spring marathon ideas and 2010 is looking something like:

March - Broadland Half Marathon
    April - Norwich Trowse 10km
    May - Dereham 10m
    June - Wymondham Midsummer 10m
    July - RAF Marham 10m
    August - Great Yarmouth Half Marathon
    Sept - Wissey Half Marathon
    Oct - North Norfolk 7
    Nov - Norwich Half Marathon

Of course, I'll probably pull out of some of these!

• Injured ATM image, so have not signed up for anything yet, am hoping to try and run tonight, and hopefully not have to hobble home

• Afternoon folks! Haven't been on here for a while...but my running is going OK. Still planning on at least one marathon in April (probably Bungay, maybe Stratford too), and ticking along nicely with 12-13 weeks to go.

Sorry to here you are injured danowat - what's the trouble?

• Have managed to pick up a nasty little ITB issue out of nowhere, can't run more than 2 miles without my ITB tightening and causing awfull knee pain.

Off to see the physio in a couple of days hopefully, not wanting to run is one thing, but not being able to run is a whole different thing image

• Danowat, I can really heartily recommend one of these. Wear it running and under your trousers in the day until the problem has gone. Don't start running until it has cleared up though. Make sure you are not running too much on any adverse cambers too.
  • Ouch dan - I have suffered from that before and it is very painful (rather stupidly I ran the Reading HM many years ago with ITB and ended up with a DNF (my first and only time) - abandoning a race in the middle of a strange town in floods of tears is not an experience I'd want to try again!

Hopefully your physio can give you some good stretches and exercises to get it sorted - might be worth asking him to assess your gait, make sure you are wearing the right shoes etc. That knee strap on WA's link looks useful too.

• Thanks WA, will look into it.

Got appt with the fizzy on Wednesday, so hopefully he can shed some light on it.

I just can't figure out where its come from, same shoes, same routes, no massive increases in speed or distance, the only things I can think of are, worn shoes, or something to do with the treadmill sessions I've been doing over the slippy period.

Hope I can get it sorted before the Breckland 10k, don't want to miss a year image

• Danowat, do you stretch ? In particular try standing by the side of your bed, put your bad leg on the bed as if it were in the cross-legged position and lean over it.

I find a mix of voltarol and biofreeze very effective.
  • Hi Guys ......   just got confirmation of success in the ballot for the Great North Run .... bit scary joining 54000 people for 13.1 miles ... yahoo ...now that is an incentive before then going for broke at the norwich half in Nov.... 
  • Hi,feels like ages since I have been on here.Just got back from sunny Dubai,lovely to run on the beach barefooted.

Woody,congratulations on your GNR place,you are going to have a great time.I ran it for the first time last year and loved every minute of it.I was on a high for ages afterwards.Nothing can prepare you for the atmosphere,it's brilliant.I have become a gold member which means Im guaranted a place for the next 3 years.One word of advice though,unless you have friends or relatives to stay with,I would get booking a place to stay now as they go very quickly.You are going to love it.Its near impossible to get a PB with this race,so you just enjoy the run which is brilliant

• Hi All,

Not been on for ages. Had a holiday in France (not as impressive as Dubai but there you go). Been suffering from Lazy-itis this year, but starting to get back into it.

Woody - GNR is a fun event. The only problems are getting out of South Shields afterwards and where to stay. We stayed at Scotch Corner in 2008 and that worked well.
  • Hi Spoons ... have a friend who lives at south sheilds so accomadation sorted ... have heard it is a nightmare ... will pick your brains closer the time but I will be in no rush ...will be happy to just take it all in ...
  • Very handy Woody. You'll be fine then. Just a short stumble into the pub.
  • HI Mandy,

How did you become a gold member and secure entry for 3 yrs ? Are you running it this year?
  • How's it going everyone?

I've had a period of hibernation this year, but I am now back in business after signing up for a Marathon in October. Norwich will be a doddle after 26.2!!!
  • Hi Folks,

I'm very tempted to have a crack at this, I competed in my first ever race on Monday (breckland 10k) finished it in 53.08 and thoroughly enjoyed it ,so much so that this is getting harder to dismiss.

• Hi Rick,

Well done on your first race. 53:08 is a very respectable first 10km.

You should definitely do Norwich Half. It's a great day and will give you something to train up for...
  • Thanks Mr Spoons,

I'm going to do it, are you a member of a local running club? do you think its worth joining one?