Options

Sports Personality Of The Year

Comments

• Options

very true.

While we are on the subject(he says trying to provoke another debate) when will Giggsy become 'Sir'????image

• Options

Well there's a bit of a queue in front of him on the grounds that....

a) He's Welsh

B) He's hairy

c) He's still relatively active

• Options

It seems to have gone to a lot of formula 1 drivers and boxers.........neither of which i think is much about sports.......and not much of a nice  personality usually either.............yet in all those years no-one said that the award had been cheapened by given it to them........

this is a public vote...........anything can happen.........just because he wasn't your choice why have ago at him.its not very sportsman like

• Options
    only a minority, mate!
  • Options

Not having a go at him, having a go at the number of unsportingly people who voted for him regardless of anything else. Nothing personal against any of them but believe they have shown and I'll say this again massive disrespect to all the people on the short list this year and there achievements and belittles Gigg's playing at the age of 36. He's still one of the best player's of his generation and a fantastic role modle because of what he has achieved for Man Utd and Wales, I hold Gigg's in very high regard. The sports person of the year has been hijacked before but never so blatantly.

Beckham    Giggs
    Premiership winner's medal  Premiership winner's medal
    Player of the year   Player of the year
    British sportsman of the year
    Fifa European footballer of the year (4th place)
    Uafa world footballer of the year (2nd place)
    Captained England into the world cup finals.

Just looked on Man Utd web site and can't find the stats for the games played and goals scored so if your have them please correct me if I'm wrong but believe Beckham played most of the games of the 2000 - 2001 session that got Man Utd the title, while a large chunk of the games for the 2008 - 2009 session Gigg's has played from the bench or not played?

Like I said didn't vote for Beckham in 2001 because I thought there were other people that year who where more disserving of the award.

Joker the comment I made was that it could hurt Gigg's reputation with the idiots. You know the kind of cretins that slag off something just because the sun tell's them to.

• Options
    Cake wrote (see)
    image Lee only voted for spoty not that sad as to waste loads of money on x factor and come dancying.
    Cake, I didn't mean to imply that people shoudln't vote for SPOTY, rather it is interesting that sportsmen/women are not given nearly as much support as a few kids we don't know who might (or might not) have a little talent, and are catapulted into the big leagues without having to actually do that much.  Lewis Walsh has signed those Irish twins, and they are beyond awful.  Such a shame that sportsmen etc aren't given as much attention for these awards.  ...and the fact that more people vote for X factor and the like rather than in local / general elections is just mad!
  • Options
    image Well it's just my opinion, your free to disagree. Have not slagged off Gigg's in any of the posts!
  • Options
    Jokerman wrote (see)

I've been out and heard them slagging Ferguson off too, probably about the same time, shouts of, "he's f*cking lost it, he's past it"!

It made me proud not to be a Man U fan.

2 pint experts, that couldn't kick a ball straight if their life depended on it. Well at least most get drawn to ManU and Chelsea nowadays, which can't be a bad thing!

Jokerman wrote (see)

Cake...This hasn't 'hurt Giggs reputation', why should it?...That comment is bollox!

About 4 seasons ago, many ManU fans were booing Giggs, it became popular amongst them, because lets face it, most of them are thick, ignorant sheep! I can remember watching it in the pubs back then and it was virtually everytime he touched the ball.

Phil Taylor (from darts) never gets a mention. He has dominated his sport for 20years. If a F1 driver deserves it then so does he.

Perhaps a committee should decide, because lets face it, how many people watch the minority sports?

Some Classics!!image
  • Options
    Like I said joker if you want I can start rapping it to see it it sinks in. Didn't vote for Beckham that year because thought other poeple where more diserving and not got anything against Gigg's or any problem with him or anything about him. Do have issue with the poeple who voted. Which I believe is why suddenly I'm the antichrist because comments a little to close to the bone?
  • Options
    image Unfortuantly counldn't agree more but live in a dream world where the award is given by the folks and not the punter's fairly. It's been changed twice in the last 10 years aready to stop this and if it has to be changed again would be a shame.
  • Options
    Jokerman wrote (see)
    Classic brain dead Man U fans?...Why thank you!
    More intelligent remarks,keep em coming love!!
  • Options

We had a raffle at the kids nativity this morning. The most die hard Man U fan I know won a Liverpool FC sports bag! image

And the tight b*stard wouldn't give it to Mr LB - and he needs a new bag...image

75% Man U? Are you my neighbour JM? Where do you hail from originally?

• Options

Arsenal.

LB, maybe that die hard Man U fan wanted that Liverpool FC bag to pee in or give it
    to some poor kid. It is Christmas after all.

• Options

A bit part player in a sport that success is achieved to a large extent by who has the most money... and  a small bit part player of a team that only won a national title last year.  Seems to have been awarded more as a long service recognition than any personal achievement in 2009.

So so so many more deserving candidates who have achieved success on the world stage that didn't even make the shortlist, nevermind those on it. 

• Options
    Jokerman wrote (see)

BRT..A couple of my best friends are die hard ManU fans. I grew up in an area where it was about 75% Man U. I see it from all sides. Fairly unscientific, but I'd say most are as thick as the day they were born!

I quite like Old Trafford, it reminds me of our local library....

Alot of Man U fans know where it is, but not many have been there, oh and it's nearly as quiet!

The  defence rest's it's case ma Lord........

• Options

As a Man U supporter - I love it when supporters of no-mark clubs hate us.

It just makes us stronger. image

And no, I'm not from Essex, I was born and bred 2 miles from Old Trafford.

• Options
    I don't hate Man U... I've not got enough hate left over from hating Liverpool 
  • Options
    ( Makes Johnny Jingle a prawn sandwich and puts it on a nice paper plate)
  • Options
    Johnny Jingles wrote (see)

As a Man U supporter - I love it when supporters of no-mark clubs hate us.

It just makes us stronger. image

And no, I'm not from Essex, I was born and bred 2 miles from Old Trafford.

I`m a Man U supporter and I`m from Essex. Born and bred 2 miles from my local football club.
    Support Man U and Chelmsford City. Both great clubs. One at the top and the other at the bottom.
  • Options
    imageimage Leeds? I reserve any hate if that's the right word which I don't think it is more rivaly for Sheffield United, anyone else it's just normal neutral observation. Like a slightly sporty peer review. image
  • Options
    Jokerman wrote (see)

I don't hate Man U... I hate most Man U supporters!

I don't hate Everton....I pity them.

'Hate', should be taking in the context it's meant, afterall my life is too full of joy to really hate anything.

ps. BRT...A case isn't quoting somone elses posts. It's putting your own thoughts/ideals forward. You're fitting well into the Man U stereotype. Baa baa. Get down shep!

Read back the entire thread & you will see that I was using the quotes to back up what I perceive to be a lack complete lack  intelligence & blinkered view behind the comments you made.

Obviously the irony is wasted on you,however my love, you keep hating us or what ever it is you lot do & we will keep laughing !!

Have the schools broken up already,????if not get & do your homework!