Options

Baxters Loch Ness Marathon 2010

Comments

• Options
    Ado.Ado. ✭✭✭

What time are folks planning on being around Bught Park for registration and Pasta Party on Saturday? It's 12:30 to 18:00 I think. It'd be good to meet up. Dave - make sure the sign is visible!!

• Options
    ADO can't make saturday as i don't get @ airport till 17.35,they rescheduled the flight after i booked it also gotta be there early sunday to registerimageit's tough enough running a marathon without added problems,so hopefully those out & about sunday evening i see you all then
  • Options
    Now turning into a paranoid hypochondriac.....sniffles in the morning I have put down to the heating now being on, radiators a bit dusty as they haven't been used alll summer....then I sit at my desk all day in work and imagine I am coming down with something.  Had a go at my boss today for using my mouse as he has a cold image.On a brighter note, 5 easy miles last night,  quiet enjoyed it. 4 tomorrow then that's me.  Did have the urge to hit the gym tonight but having a vino instead.Travelling up on Saturday morning, don't think breakfast is served in my hotel until 7 on the Sunday morning which will be cutting it fine so may have to do my own.
  • Options
    Not quite a hare- transfer should not be to bad as there is a few staying in best western and sure we will all be looking to take taxis to the bus pick up point at bught park on Sunday morning after breakfast.. think it's around 3 miles/ish according to hotel.

Thanks for the tips on the loos and the buses, I need to make sure I'm on a bus with a loo, race nerves and that, plus stock of loo roll when we get to the park as ther is a bit of a wait until the start
    Do hope the weather is ok, ruins a good day, forecast looking good from everyone who's checked, soo fingers and toes crossed!!
  • Options

5 miles last night in pouring Romford rain (makes you feel well hard!), three miles tomorrow after we've arrived on sleeper train and booked into Best Western. What's on in cinema in Inverness?

I'm very grumpy with my wife (she's doing it as well so we're grumpy together). I think this is down to nerves and tapering. Snap. Bark.

Good luck everyone, have good journeys up and see you at Pasta Party and the race.

Ian & Caroline.

• Options

Hi all,

Well, just got my commiserations magazine from VLM. Oh well, better luck next time. Now I have to rework my plans for next years marathons.

My bike is all packed and ready for my long ride to Inverness.

Catch you all soon. Dave.

• Options
    Arrived in Inverness this afternoon. Bught Park is being set up, lovely location by the river. Walked the last mile to the finish and passed best western hotel so save urself a taxi and stroll along the river to Bught Park. Only about a five minute walk down the road. Sun shining....long may it continue! See u all on Saturday at the pasta party!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info on the location of the start in relation to the BW.  It may be a gentle stroll on Sunday am then instead of the taxi!
  • Options
    It was def a best western hotel on that final mile stretch. Great for your return trip after the run too! Our guest house it slightly further out of the city and uphill so I may take the taxi option myself!
  • Options

evening all getting nearerimage

did 3 easy miles today that is definately my lot,only did them as i feel guilty doing nowt

just getting ready for this marathon when i get comfomation for london marathonimage

been checking the weather everyday now it gives rain so lets hope it changes againimage

• Options

Well, this is my last post until I get home on Thursday. Looking forward to meeting you all at the pasta party and the start.

Have a safe journey and see you soon.

Dave.

• Options
    Heading up to Inverness in the morning, can't wait, Looking forward to seeing the setup in the park tmrw, just checked the website now there are 2 BW hotels! one is Inverness palace and spa and the other is lochardill house hotel, think the one on the final mile stretch is the Inverness palace, looking at the map, needless to say the one were not booked into!!!, Need to wait and see I guess when we get there.

Hope everyone has a good journey up..
  • Options
    both of you have safe journey see you all ' the weekendimage
  • Options

Thanks for the info on the arrangements at the park...sounds like its all coming together!  Getting quite excited now image.

Best of luck to the early arrivers/departers, hope you get the times you've worked for and most importantly enjoy the event!

Weather still looks good on metcheck, but not much I/we can do about it....probably just best to worry about the things I can affect...like remembering to pack my trainers!! image

• Options

Heading up tomorrow morning. Staying at the Craigmonie on Anfield Road. Anyone else staying there?

One half of me is really looking forward to it and the other half is thinking 'what on earth were thinking about entering a marathon.'

Been 2 wks since i last ran due to the knee injury, which isn't helping with the negative thoughts and also had loads of sponsorhip coming in this wk which also adds to the pressure, as i'd hate to let folk down.

Not sure if i'll make the pasta party as the wife and kids will be in tow but i'm trying to persuade them.

Best off luck everyone.

• Options

oh will have to check out the location of the BW that I am booked into.!

• Options
    I am booked into the Lochardil House Hotel, on the map it looks like around 1.5 miles from the city centre! So will see 2mrow upon arrival! 
  • Options

Ho Hum...panicking- can't locate hotel confirmation email- but luckily I'd said which hotel I was booking on this thread, so managed to call them, and check they were expecting me.

It's the Columba, they're doing breakfast from 7am, and as far as I can remember, bus pick up is about 5 minutes run away, so should be OK.

See you all there!

• Options
    evening all those who not left yet i really hope sunday's weather is nothing like today,got soaked through in work todayimagecan't wait to get up there now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

I arrived in Inverness today. Weather wasn't great but the forecast at the mo. for Sat & Sun is great. It has been changing all week though.

I am staying at the Dionard B&B on Old Edinburgh Rd. and can highly reccommend it for future years. It is about 1.5 miles from the start, so probably get a taxi on Sunday morning.

It is my first marathon and I am attending the Pasta Party. What is the general advice about the best time to eat?

Good luck to everyone

• Options
    now i'm getting jealous all you luky people all ready up there,lets hope the weather is kind for us
  • Options

don't know about you guys but I am feeling really bloated at the moment with all carbs.

Driving up tomorrow morning, planning to leave about 8 so should be there for lunch time.  Will head straight for registration then make our way to the hotel, will have to time how quick I can get from hotel to the start.

Got other half and youngest coming with me so won't be making the pasta party, hoping to find somewhere nice to eat on Saturday night.

Good luck everyoneimage

• Options
    Hope the weather is better Sunday than it was in Inverness today! Sharing the same feeling with eating soo many carbs.. Feel like I'm going to explode, image
    Breakfast at BW lochardill house is from 6.30 on Sunday and will be taking a taxi to the start, be around 5 mins from hotel, just hope it's dry like the forecast suggests for all of us,

• Options
    ChimneyChimney ✭✭✭
    Why did I not realise leaving Suffolk at 05:00 meant getting up at 04:00? See you in 12 hours or so......
    If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • Options

Flight landing at 15:20 then straight to registration then off 2 the BW lochardill house,  Hpe the weather is good.  Foggy down here this am!

• Options
    Hotel is putting on early breakfast for marathon runners. So off to a great start.
  • Options
    Ado.Ado. ✭✭✭
    Hotel has wifi so I thought I'd just be the first to congratulate everyone for finishing today. Whatever your goal, whatever your time, a big WELL DONE! It was my first. I'd have been happy with 5:30 so very pleased with 5:07. Now, where's the beer.......?
  • Options
    Well done ado. I got round in 4:18. Bit slower than I hoped but struggles badly with cramp and a stitch last 7 miles or so. Loved every second of it though.
    Dave, good to meet you yesterday and at start today. Hope your race went well.
  • Options
    Well done everyone. Thought the rain was a blessing first thing this morning! Love running in the stuff. Was aiming for 3.15 but managed 3. 06. Tough as hell but well worth every second.
  • Options

had a total blast, 4.14, well chuffed new PB by 35mins.  Just chilling in hotel room with a glass of vino.

Well done everyone.