Who's still getting their legs out?

Comments

•  Sure did could have gotten away with a short sleeve top as well ! Do you use moisturiser when the weather gets frosty?

Devoted2Distance wrote (see)
    I thought it was pretty humid out running tonight.
  • Crikey! I dont know of any men who use body moisturiser...perhaps I've spotted a gap in the market image I have switched to using Vaseline shower gel for men, seems to make my skin feel better!
  • I don't use moisturiser ever ( apart from on my legs straight after shaving).......never had any problems running in the wet or cold...........I believe that the body adapts to the conditions if you don't chuck loads of crap and chemicals on it............but then i think I'm in a minority
  • You must dead hard! I wear 3/4 tights below 20°C and in summer almost knee length shorts, I'm not having my cellulite on public view!

Will run tomorrow in gloves, buff & jacket at 7°. I always feel cold even when I'm trying really hard!!

• So who still running in shorts now at the moment. Looks like weather is going to be turning colder in the next few days even the possbility of wintry showers!

Went for a run in a long sleeve top and skimpy running shorts the other day. Must have been about 5C felt fine after few mins warm up.

• I've been out for a 7 mile LSR this morning wearing a long sleeve top, rugby top, gloves and hat on my top half but cycling short and running short on.

My legs don't seem to feel the cold even when it's sub zero, which it must have been this morning as the truck had iced up again by the time I got back to it image 

• too cold for my legs now but years ago it was shorts all year. Got less fat on me to keep me warm too.  My legs never really feel cold but it is the thought these dayimage
  • Had my skimpy shorts on yesterday for my 8 mile off-roader. Good job too as the flooded lane through the farmyard, went up to my crotch. Tights would have been pretty uncomfy after that (and smelly seeing as the muddy water also has a fair amount of cow poo in it), whereas my bare legs were nicely waterproof and dry within about 5 mins.
  • I would wear running tights all the time now but only wear them at night as I look like Olive Oyl in them so hope less people will notice in the dark!!  image
  • I'm still wearing my shorts and tshirts, although the hi-viz one im currently using at night is long sleeved, but after 5mins i roll them up anyway!

Yesterday for the first time i actually noticed my hands were turning numb with the cold so i might invest in a proper pair of running gloves soon, especially if the temperature drops any more!

I will probably carry on wearing just shorts on my lower half throughout the winter, mainly because i dont want to have to spend yet more money on running gear!

• I wore my shorts yesterday and ended up regretting it. I just couldn't get warm. image Much respect for those of you still baring your legs!

I'm probably a lot more visible at night when I wear my shorts - my legs have a blinding white glow! image

• i don't even wear shorts in the summer except for racing! I'm always cold so it's hard to force myself out the door without sufficient layers. Sometimes I get too warm once running but layers can come off if too hot. Anyway I'v decided it's my new plan, last year the FLM was too hot, so my plan is to get used to running when warm so if it's hot in April again I'll be fine! So it's not that I'm a wuss t's a plan!

• NO TIGHTS !!! NO TIGHTS !!!

Shorts only for me ...although they are 9" baggie Adidas Response shorts down to my knees 

• I crumbled and wore my jacket tonight, although I still wore shorts.And it looks like its going to snow this week according to the BBC - that should sort the men from the boys! image
  • Bring it on! Will be running in skimpy shorts (the kind with sewn in pants) and long sleeve top tonight. I dont have a running jacket, still awaiting delivery of it...

ClownFoot wrote (see)
    I crumbled and wore my jacket tonight, although I still wore shorts.And it looks like its going to snow this week according to the BBC - that should sort the men from the boys! image
  • I run in shorts all year round, although I am now wearing gloves, hat and a Helly Top.
  • shorts shorts shorts. all the way. all year. the luminous value of my celtic pale-blue legs has alerted many a driver to my presence on these dark evenings.

i just don't shave. i find that adds the necessary layer of insulation against the low temperatures image

• Shorts and a vest for me every time. Not because I'm hard, I just overheat really easily. I wish I didn't, I never get to buy any of those running jackets and stuff you colder types do. I even have to take my gloves off after a couple of miles!

I've never finished a run, no matter how cold it is out (and I'm talking minus numbers) without being totally drenched in sweat.

Which, I realise, isn't what anyone wants to hear at lunchtime...

• It's shorts and t-shirt for me too. But i do have to go for gloves when the temp drops otherwise my hands freeze!!!!

I love the reaction of other runners when you turn up in shorts/shirt when they're all wrapped up in their jackets etc....

• I know what you mean, Dean. I did the Hog's Back 8 on Sunday and was waiting for the start about 10mins prior in vest and shorts. A head peeked out of the bushes and a lady, wrapped up in layers and layers plus a woolly hat said "aren't you cold?"

I replied, "yes, but I won't be in a minute"

And she said, looking shocked "why?"

I didn't know what to say, so I just pointed at the start...image

• the good thing about running in shorts and vest all year round , is that you don't have the above dilemma.........my only choice is whether to put gloves on......(will only stay on a short time) or not..............and if to wear my summer cap or my winter beanieimage
  • Its summer when I have the dilemma. How can I remain cool? I can't really take off any more clothing image Well I could I suppose, being male, no vest is borderline acceptable in some places.

Not in races, though, there would be nowhere to pin my number. Although saying that, I could get my nipples pierced and hang the number from those. It's all about being resourceful isn't it?

• louis,,,,,,buy a number belt to go around your waist.no problems.............being an overweight female ......I have no other option in summer but to overcook in a vest.........image

If you stand tights then they are better for your muscles in this weather............image..just not an option for meimage

• I have one of those for Triathlon, so that would be a good plan. Don't have the guts to race without a vest on though - there would definitely be complaints!

• it just keep the muscles a little bit warmer........especially useful if you don't warm up properley and go off at a fast pace as most runners are prone to do........obviously its only a small amount but to some people it seems to make a difference

In an ideal world we would all warm up properely like the pros........

• Well just got back from my 10km in shorts and long sleeve top. Must have been only 1 or 2 degrees out there. Felt fine although first 10mins got a burning sensation in my hands after that seemed fine once I had warmed up.

I reckon I'd struggle if was sub 0 degrees. Hopefully my Haglofs Halo jacket will be arriving soon!

Anyone else manage to do thier run tonight ?