Who's still getting their legs out?

1235»

Comments

• I am still wearing shorts. Last night I started to think twice about it though as it was minus 4!
  • Yep still wore shorts last night even though it was -2 got a few strange looks. Still keep nice and up top though.
  • Yep still got the shorts on, having been wearing them over xmas and new year so no need to stop wearing them now!
  • I keep my hands warm by wearing thin running gloves with mittens on top.
  • This morning was tights, shorts on tights, hat and gloves and I still froze my kajongers off. It was minus something silly this morning when I left the house at 5:30 am. On the plus side I think I saw a ghost as I ran through Greenwich park. Very odd. As I ran down the hill I could see what I thought was a cyclist in the distance at the bottom of the hill, didn't seem to be moving very fast, then I thought it may be a park keeper with a torch. As I approached it the light disappeared and (make spooky ghost noises now) there was nothing there when I ran past the spot...

So, either I saw a ghost or I'm losing my mind. I fear it is the latter.

Jog watch 0. Ghost watch 1.

• I once thought that I could see a ghost, it turned out to be a woman in a white coat walking across a cricket pitch in thick fog.
  • definitely still shorts...........but because of the -3 yesterday i did wrap up by wearing a t-shirt instead of a vest..........my gloves stayed on for the first couple of miles but then had to come off..............

its got to be shortsimage

• i wore tights today and my legs were perfectally warm,,  but i wore too many layers on top was boiling, snow is still pounding down so will be able to have a half decent run tomorrow since school is cancelled image
  • Have only ever worn shorts. Lowest temperature ran in was -7. Might be able to top that if this weather keeps up.
  • I wore shorts on Sunday for a race and it was minus 4. I did have a hat and gloves on though!
  • I went for a run around newcastle town moor a couple of nights ago in shorts and have never felt cold like it. I always run in a thin pair of shorts. When i got home i was worried about "it" dropping off it was so cold, which is quite a statement, i used to have a photo of myself totally naked (apart from a modestly sized rock) in the snow on top of Helvellyn!image

Next night i borrowed a pair of my ladys leggings, ha, ha. Much better. Also added a hat and gloves. I ended up overheating a bit. Funny watching the folks waking past in their big coats, hats and gloves, probably thinking im mental to be out running in this weather but in reality i was probably warmer than them all image

Im defo going to order some pants now though. Just in case someone comments "are those Ladies pants youre wearing there?" image

• LadyBeeLadyBee ✭✭✭
    Yous all mental running in shorts still! Is it just me then who finds that I'm more prone to injuries/ITB ache if I don't wrap up my legs in about 10 layers...
  • Still in shorts, wish I could wear tights/leggings as I reckon you're right about the injury thing (or at least, the cold makes me ache) but I just boil.

Got two new pairs of race shorts for Christmas so I must have garnered a bit of a reputation for short-loving with my family at least!

• I will hold my hand up and say I wore a thin pair of tights (Lidl's best thermal undercrackers) under my lycra shorts yesterday - and wish I fecking hadn't as I got chafed to buggery with the extra material build up!!! I did think about stopping and taking them off but that would have been a faff involving shoe removal so I persevered over the 11 miles.........

it's not nice I tell ya, not nice.......

[fb heads off to slap some more cream on.......]

• glad that I have stuck to shorts...............

I have resorted to wearing arm warmers though with a t-shirt so i can push them up nad down as my arms change temp............or even take them off..................

legs not cold at all when running.but after I get home I feel freezing all over and take ages to warm up again

• seren - that would indicate that you have maintained a good core temp but your peripheries need some extra blood flow back. best is a hot bath/shower straight after to get the blood moving in the capillaries again......and then dress warmly after to keep the flow going
  • I have to confess that just over a week ago I did resort to tights for 2 runs. I think it was just the thought of going out in the cold that was the problem. Since then I've done all my runs with bare legs, and been absolutely fine, and the temp. has been even colder.

I feel totally ashamed of myself for my weakness, but am determined not to wimp out in the future.

• Has t obe shorts and continued to wear them although I have worn long sleeves, a gilet and hat and gloves. Do get a few comments, most are "you must be cold" etc.

However yesterday in Bedford, somebody actually stopped their car, rolled down the window and shouted " you need a doctor mate, you must be mad" Wasn't said particularly jocularly either so shouted back, " mate when I stop my car in the street, wind the window down and start shouting at strangers, THEN I'll get a shrink". Stupid pillock. He might think it but don't understand why they feel the need to say it. its a bit different when you are running past someone but .....

Actually wore my thickest base-layer yesterday as I was expecting a strong wind and there bitter weather. As it happened the temperature was up to about 2C and the wind didn't materialise and I was actually too warm by the end of the run!!!

• I'm sorry to admit that i've resorted to tights! But on the plus side they do seem to help speed up recovery and i look great in them image!!!!

As soon as the thermometer goes above zero again the legs will be back out!

• Edinburgh XC showed who the tough guys and gals were. Almost all went bare legged and ran fast to keep warm.
  • the legs are well and truely back out after a week or so of lycra leggins. FREEDOM!!!! image
  • So good to be free of leggings, just hope that the snow & ice stays away and temps are above freezing.
  • I run in shorts all the year round aswell - got told off by a woman the other week when we were running through the snow for wearing shorts I just thought she was aon about it being cold so I shrugged it off by saying im not that cold to be honest you know you get warmed up etc...  anyways she was like i dont mean that i mean if you slip and fall and break a bone!!  I thought im gonna break a bone if I was wearing tracksuit bottoms aswell maybe not cut myself as much but its still the same - so I just let her eat my snow in the distance!!
  • Been told by a coach that legs should be covered in freezing conditions as more likely to suffer an injury on cold muscles, tendons etc.

Any opinions on this?