Coasting Round Britain: Aberystwyth to Fflint

1171819202123»

Comments

• well folks got a email  over an hour ago from Mike who is doing the to Flint stint. He should have finished by now.

So looks like you guys are doneimage

Mike will be posting Barry to me Special Delivery to ensure he is off from Flint early Saturday. 

• Barry in the post! Fortunately he isn't easily offended. Wish i could be posted instead of driving or travelling on the train.

Stu, let us know when he's arrived safely please.

Congratulations to everyone on this seemingly endless stretch - I only wish that I could have joined you.

• I will Strag. Insisted on "special delivery" which means I get him next day. As not starting from Flint 'til next Saturday he should be with me well before that as Mike said. Am a bag of nerves over the post thoughimageimage Will pay fare to go and get him in person if I have to.
  • Hope Barry makes it to you successfully Stu!! So close to the finish now...
  • Oh no I'll be worried all weekend about Barry in transit !!!!

I was so worried that one of my dogs might start a game of "Fetch" when he was with me, I kept him next to my bed overnight.

• yip so close Longbow. Was worried when he was posted to me for the start but this far upimage

yes Ffran , my dog was drooling at the sight of Barry

• Had a really nice morning by the sea meeting Barry and some of the other Coasters. Have added some photos to the facebook page and will report back properly tomorrow.
    Not far to go now!
  • Can't believe Barry has gone so far and is nearing the end of his journey - it'll be a day of celebration and sadness when he finally gets to the tower
  • Brilliant result all you lot. Good stretch comms and an excellent co-ord jobimage

Be loud and be proud of what you guys have done!!!!imageimageimageimageimageimage

xxxxxx (many kiss for the fellas btw)

• Nice going guys! Excellent running imageimageimageimage
  • Well done to FI, Bruce and Mike on yesterdays runs and well done to everyone on the whole of the leg.

Thanks go to Bruce for his sterling work as co-ord ...... smooth as silk and grace under pressure image

• Well done you lot. One more leg to go heh - well that should please Barry as he's only got one leg.
  • Well done to the final three runners and thanks again to Bruce for his great work as co-ordinator.
  • Last Time I have to do this I hope.

If you want a thankyou card from Barry please send email with proper name to coastersgb@hotmail.co.uk  headed "thankyou card". Photos sent from gallery are not seen as a request for card. It complicates things.

thanks all and well doneimage

• Yep well done everyone who took part in the stretch. Bruce has done an excellent job both as co-ordinator and and sorting the website brilliant.

And thank again to Tony for his hospitality it was great meeting up again.

• Hi all,

Sorry I didn't make it on the forum over the weekend, got some broadband problems at home and my phone doesn't like the RW forums much. Thanks for the messages.

Barry made it safely to Flint on Saturday afternoon, my leg ended at Flint railway station so that's your set off point Stu.

It's nice and flat round there and as it was just a 5 mile leg I took Lucy our cocker spaniel  to keep me and Barry company. She wanted to carry him but Barry was having none of it, he stayed strapped to my arm.

Thanks to Bruce for co-ording and for splitting this last leg with me. Hope you enjoyed the ma... - oops, just seen the score, never mind image

Barry decided Special Delivery wasn't a suitable mode of transport for a superstar such as him so he's now getting chauffeur driven to Flint on Saturday by Woody, I'll drop him off at Woodys tomorrow, he lives quite close to me and Barry wanted to go back to his roots, see where he grew up!

Well done to everyone else on this stretch.

• Just uploaded Tonys pics to the gallery, and the ones Fiona / Pottermiss sent over the weekend. So I'm up to date unless anyone has got anymore they want to send? gallery@coastersgb.co.uk please image
  • Hi....! How's everyone doing here? I had a great time here with you, and thank you for putting up with meimageimage Now a good rest and then it's all systems go again till we get to Blackpool!imageimage How many of you are coming along to the finish?  We need legs, bodies and heads up there... PARTY TIME!imageimage
  • Well done everyone! cant believe Barry has sooo much stamina eh?!!image

What an amazing event and hats off to you organisers and people who have travelled so far to keep things going!

REALLY IMPRESSIVE!!

I wish i could be in a helicopter to watch over it all!!image

All the best and thankyou!

• I wish i could be in a helicopter to watch over it all!!image

What a beautiful thought 

The footage would have been amazing  image

Shame the media didn't see it that way image

• lovely thought Susan .

The media will pick up on it now it's about to finish , I feel. They will when the book is out (hopefully in spring) too. The story of the adventure is amazing and will make an excellent read beyond the running fraternityimage I will ensure that.

The running media have started to respond and have been pretty good overall if you include the running guides, podcasts etc.image For the wider media, going through the running  with no charity, the appeal can at first hand seem limited from their point of view. However, the "human element" - the impact that Barry has had on the hearts of those involved and the feat itself is a story that has wider  appeal. I have tried to include that element in any releases I have released recently. Some who have tried,  I guess, being running entusiasts, they have focussed on "the running".  That may make sense to "us runners" but we are a minority.

• Stu - I do think you need something to get you to sleep properly!image I've had a great lie-in - again - image and got served breakfast in bed!image 
  • true but my insomnia is ok by me coz have been really cutting the fags and sleeping in the dayimage

you getting spoilt again?

• Stu www.coastersgb.co.uk wrote (see)

WELL THIS IS IT FOLKS. LAST LEGS TOMORROW. PLEASE JOIN US IF YOU CAN AND CHEER US IF YOU CAN'Timage

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR GREAT EFFORTSimageimage

DON'T FORGET TO VOTEimage

• Those of you that expressed an interest in taking part in in some form of an event next year please vote now.

Vote here

Many Thanks