Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Andy (sub-4:00)

1818283848587»

Comments

• AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭
    Supra fragilistic .... you fill in the blanks Kitty!
  • oh no .....not those songs again !!
  • AndyV wrote (see)

“Suprapatella-cali-fragilistic-expialididous,

AndyV-you-know-his-knee-is-really-quite-atrocious,

He’s-bored-of-RICE, and-squatting-thrice, at-least-he’s-got-his-Minstrals,

Suprapatella-cali-fragilistic-expialididous,  

Yum-dilly-dilly-dilly-yum-diddy-da,

Yum-dilly-dilly-dilly-yum-diddy-da”   

For all our sakes let’s hope I’m running again soon. image

Meniscus - cali-fragilistic-expialididous,

Kitty's going CUCU-dous....

But she's blaiming on the silly Meniscus...

Yum-dilly-dilly-dilly-yum-diddy-da,

Yum-dilly-dilly-dilly-yum-diddy-da

• Hee hee Kitty! Maybe you can be the next Murakami - who was it who said that creative outpourings often come when we suffer or face setbacks image (or maybe simply boredom will do it....image). Sorry I haven't manage to get on here before to see how you got on! How are you feeling now? Are you back at work this week? I've been stupidly busy at work - several times last week I didn't even manage to eat lunch and got home towards 9. I really need a holiday. image

I'm thinking of running to work just so I can actually manage to fit a run into my day somehow as I managed once last week but none since. It would be about 6.5 miles so not a bad distance - the downside is there are no showers at the other end... Hmmm.

• I hope everybody is having a good summer and are fit and healthy. As for me, there was no meniscla tear in the end, but some degenerative wear and tear (I will have the letter shortly confirming what it is). All this means no running for 2 months, but lots of physio and cross-training to strengthen the quads and some other group muscles... no running plans, except for a 4k fun run in Brussels in October (consultant said 1/2 mara would be too soon for October, but I am still waiting to decide with the physio). The main regret that I have is that I really wanted to bank on the fitness gained during the VLM training and target faster 10k times...

I am currently looking to find some swimming lessons as i am a hopeless clueless swimmer, and once i regain full mobility of my knee (getting there), will hopefully get serious about swimming and cycling. Who knows... maybe this is me become a triathlon atlete image?

I am obviously trying to keep my spirit up!

• AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭

Sorry to hear Kitty but great attitude. Its how we deal with setbacks that defines us as individuals. If this set back enables you ultimately to do a tri then in years to come you will look back at this issue as a blessing in disguise.

• Thank you, Andy. Much appreciated!
  • 22 days without running... hard to keep smiling... nevermind... will keep on planning that triathlon for a better me!
  • Hi Kitty, sorry to hear you will be out of action for a couple of months. You may find out that having to do other less stressful exercises, ie cycling, swimming, aqua jog etc may make you a better runner in the long run. Also doing cross training instead of just running puts less stress on your body, so it could be quite positive
    Simon
  • Just thought I'd say hello in case you guys still get the updates for the thread! Happy running everybody image.